• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:56:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

My progress in FFTA hacking [Map, Events and Text editing] [Engine Hacks]

Started by Leonarth, July 16, 2018, 12:14:58 am

Leonarth

QuoteI don't think any monster in the game uses a green palette, bar the Malboro.
The Malboro uses the exact same palette as, for example, the Floateye or the Soldier.
There are only 3 palettes normal units use, blue/green, red/purple and yellow/emerald.
There are also slots that are reserved for special palettes used in totema battles.

QuoteSo a green morphed monster would look unique for almost any monster class.
In vanilla, maybe, but people could add them to their hacks, which is what my whole point was.
To do this I would have to make new graphics (not palettes, graphics) for the monsters, which people could then just use in their hacks, defeating the whole point of giving the Morpher those colors in the first place.

QuoteWould it be possible to allow morphers to do a basic "fight" command in monster form?
It sounds like a good idea, currently I'm not really developing these hacks further though, I'm focusing on other things.

QuoteDo you have an an all common monsters capturable hack?
No, this would require an extensive rework of the monster bank as well as the game save data. It is something I would like to do (and I actually have notes on what it would look like) but it's not something you should wait for. Whenever you see a hack that allows you to capture some new monster that just means that it's either not going to be sent to the bank or that it's replacing a previously capturable monster. The monster bank only has so many slots and each slot is specifically reserved for one type of monster, the game doesn't even save the job id of the monster when storing it in the bank, it deduces it entirely from the slot it is saved to.

Either way, even with a rework you would never get to have all of the types of monsters captured at once, at least not easily and not without a cost, there is only so much save space. The rework would only make it so monster types are not tied to the slot they are stored in, so you could have repeat monsters and whatnot, same total of slots but used in a different way.

I do however have a monster taming hack, which does allow you to capture all common monsters. They are not sent to the bank, though, they are added to your clan.
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12212.0
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Delsait

Quote from: Leonarth on June 08, 2020, 10:12:51 pmThe Malboro uses the exact same palette as, for example, the Floateye or the Soldier.
There are only 3 palettes normal units use, blue/green, red/purple and yellow/emerald.

Right, so it sounds like you can't do a custom palette. I wasn't aware of that limitation, but it makes sense.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 08, 2020, 10:12:51 pmThere are also slots that are reserved for special palettes used in totema battles.

Kinda of like how in alot of beat em up games for the Genesis, enemy change palette by area then?

So when a morpher morphs in your hack does it take the palette of the first monster of that type? Like will a Morpher in Dragonform always be a FireDrake until he uses say ice breath?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 08, 2020, 10:12:51 pmIn vanilla, maybe, but people could add them to their hacks, which is what my whole point was.
To do this I would have to make new graphics (not palettes, graphics) for the monsters, which people could then just use in their hacks, defeating the whole point of giving the Morpher those colors in the first place.

How is the Morpher's "Raving/Transformed" state spriteset handled? Is there any reason why the developers went for that when making the game.

Basically my idea was all morphers would use a "Morpher palette." Like all Morphers in Dragonform would be a green dragon. It sounds like it isn't really possible though, unless you like added something like Poisondrakes.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 08, 2020, 10:12:51 pmIt sounds like a good idea, currently I'm not really developing these hacks further though, I'm focusing on other things.

Would it be to ask if you're focused on creating another hack?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 08, 2020, 10:12:51 pmNo, this would require an extensive rework of the monster bank as well as the game save data. It is something I would like to do (and I actually have notes on what it would look like) but it's not something you should wait for. Whenever you see a hack that allows you to capture some new monster that just means that it's either not going to be sent to the bank or that it's replacing a previously capturable monster. The monster bank only has so many slots and each slot is specifically reserved for one type of monster, the game doesn't even save the job id of the monster when storing it in the bank, it deduces it entirely from the slot it is saved to.
I think I found the hack trailer(link here), notice the tonberry listed among the morpher skills.

Either way, even with a rework you would never get to have all of the types of monsters captured at once, at least not easily and not without a cost, there is only so much save space. The rework would only make it so monster types are not tied to the slot they are stored in, so you could have repeat monsters and whatnot, same total of slots but used in a different way.

I do however have a monster taming hack, which does allow you to capture all common monsters. They are not sent to the bank, though, they are added to your clan.
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12212.0
[/quote]

I heard about that and want to try it.

If I can ask another hack question, does the engine of FFTA allow enemy recruitment the way it worked in the original Final Fantasy Tactics as well as the Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis? Or just a capture for humanoids?

Leonarth

QuoteRight, so it sounds like you can't do a custom palette. I wasn't aware of that limitation, but it makes sense.
Keep in mind that even if you can't make a new palette, you CAN make monsters of "new" colors, making a green Flan is as easy as grabbing the already existing one and changing the index of the colors it uses. In vanilla all the recolored enemies use the exact same graphics as their other versions, but there is nothing forcing it to be that way.

QuoteSo when a morpher morphs in your hack does it take the palette of the first monster of that type?
You can specify which monster the Morpher morphs into in the morphedTable in morphingMorphersMorph.event.
It's a bit hard to read, but it's just a list of the job ids the Morphers transform into for each of their abilities.

QuoteHow is the Morpher's "Raving/Transformed" state spriteset handled? Is there any reason why the developers went for that when making the game.
Sprites for playable jobs are smaller than sprites for monsters, I think they were concerned a player with 6 Morphers could glitch the game (visually) so they opted for an animation that was the same size as a regular player unit. That's just a guess, though.

QuoteIt sounds like it isn't really possible though unless you like added something like Poisondrakes.
It is very much possible, the new dragons wouldn't even need to have any abilities or anything, the would pretty much only use their looks and walking type, I just don't like the idea.

QuoteWould it be to ask if you're focused on creating another hack?
I've been working on the engine hacks for the Minish Cap randomizer, lately I'm focusing on studies though.

QuoteIf I can ask another hack question, does the engine of FFTA allow enemy recruitment the way it worked in the original Final Fantasy Tactics as well as the Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis? Or just a capture for humanoids?
The question is not "does the engine allow for" or "is this possible", the GBA is a computer, if you program it in, then it will do that, the issue is with the workload that comes with developing new features. I have to want the feature enough that I want to put in the time to develop it.

For me the biggest issue with changing recruitment is that there's a bunch of ways to go about it:
Would a persuaded enemy instantly leave the battlefield and join your clan if there's space?
Should persuade just fail if there's no space in the clan?
Should the unit have to survive through the whole battle to be recruited?
Should there be a prompt at the end to confirm the recruitment?
Should player units be able to be persuaded?
Can units be persuaded back? what determines the persuade chance?
Which enemies can you persuade?
And many more, there's too many things to decide.

Delsait

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amKeep in mind that even if you can't make a new palette, you CAN make monsters of "new" colors, making a green Flan is as easy as grabbing the already existing one and changing the index of the colors it uses. In vanilla all the recolored enemies use the exact same graphics as their other versions, but there is nothing forcing it to be that way.

You can specify which monster the Morpher morphs into in the morphedTable in morphingMorphersMorph.event.

It's a bit hard to read, but it's just a list of the job ids the Morphers transform into for each of their abilities.

Thank you for the information, I wasn't aware of that and assumed like for the Floateye, the regular blue Floateye animation would be used for all animations, even when using Ahriman abilities.

Can you expand on the point on recolored enemies using the same graphics? Do you mean you could make the Ahmiran use entirely new graphics instead of being a recolor, relatively easily?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amSprites for playable jobs are smaller than sprites for monsters, I think they were concerned a player with 6 Morphers could glitch the game (visually) so they opted for an animation that was the same size as a regular player unit. That's just a guess, though.

That seems reasonable.

I'm guessing the graphical glitches would be flickering or parts of sprites being cut off?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amIt is very much possible, the new dragons wouldn't even need to have any abilities or anything, the would pretty much only use their looks and walking type, I just don't like the idea.

Hearing about how morph graphics work, I see the pointlessness of a morpher Palette, now myself.

That being said, how hard would it be to add player Monster class palettes, just like the main races have player and enemy palettes? Like going with Floateyes again, player Floateyes would have a sea green palette as opposed to the straight up blue palette of the enemy Floateye.

Something like that could be added for the player monsters in Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) and Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis assuming its possible to add faction palettes for them?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amI've been working on the engine hacks for the Minish Cap randomizer, lately I'm focusing on studies though.

That sounds interesting.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amThe question is not "does the engine allow for" or "is this possible", the GBA is a computer, if you program it in, then it will do that, the issue is with the workload that comes with developing new features. I have to want the feature enough that I want to put in the time to develop it.

Makes sense, I am curious about whether something is relatively easy or not?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amWould a persuaded enemy instantly leave the battlefield and join your clan if there's space?

I imagine it could be set like capture works where the enemy instantly leaves and then at the end of the battle asks to join your clan.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amShould there be a prompt at the end to confirm the recruitment?

That would be the most preferable, but it all depends on how hard it would with the FFTA engine?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amShould player units be able to be persuaded?
Can units be persuaded back?

In Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) and even the newest version of Tactics Ogre, enemies never use persuade. So this would be the same.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amwhat determines the persuade chance?

I imagine it'd be similar to capture such as enemy health and status.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amWhich enemies can you persuade?

Ideally it'd be like how boss units are immune to skills like Oust/Parley. Generic non boss units would be persuadable.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 09, 2020, 05:42:21 amAnd many more, there's too many things to decide.

Its just a suggestion I threw out there. For all I know the engine of FFTA could have to be re-assembled to allow this.

Leonarth

QuoteCan you expand on the point on recolored enemies using the same graphics?
There's not really more to expand on?
If you change the graphics for the Floateye, the graphics for the Ahriman also get changed, they are literally the same graphics, they just have different palettes applied to them.

QuoteDo you mean you could make the Ahmiran use entirely new graphics instead of being a recolor, relatively easily?
I mean, yeah?, but what I explained makes it harder to make them use entirely different graphics, because in vanilla they don't... And the only other alternative would be that they do, so this is harder. It's not hard, but it is harder.

QuoteI'm guessing the graphical glitches would be flickering or parts of sprites being cut off?
No, it wouldn't look like that at all.
The units themselves would look just fine, what would be broken is stuff like the cursor and the status bubbles, which would get the sprites for the units written on top of.

QuoteThat being said, how hard would it be to add player Monster class palettes, just like the main races have player and enemy palettes? Like going with Floateyes again, player Floateyes would have a sea green palette as opposed to the straight up blue palette of the enemy Floateye.
I already explained the palette slots are taken. You can't do that. A palette is not just the colors a sprite uses, it's a set of 16 colors in a specific order which are applied to indexed graphics, you can't apply the palettes in a different way, if you want a green Floateye or a purple Ahriman or an emerald one, you need new graphics. You could have a yellow one with no new graphics, though.

In short, what you are asking for is having different graphics, not just palettes, based on side.
It would be possible, but it would mean you would need two versions for every monster, which I really don't like the sound of, this cuts on the available color variations you could otherwise use in your hack and doesn't really add anything, in my opinion.
Also monsters changing colors when recruited sounds plain weird to me for some reason.

Delsait

Quote from: Leonarth on June 10, 2020, 11:16:13 amIf you change the graphics for the Floateye, the graphics for the Ahriman also get changed, they are literally the same graphics, they just have different palettes applied to them.

Thats what I thought.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 10, 2020, 11:16:13 amI already explained the palette slots are taken. You can't do that. A palette is not just the colors a sprite uses, it's a set of 16 colors in a specific order which are applied to indexed graphics, you can't apply the palettes in a different way, if you want a green Floateye or a purple Ahriman or an emerald one, you need new graphics. You could have a yellow one with no new graphics, though.

But what if Ahriman was removed as an individual class and its abilities were given to the regular floateye.

Would it then be possible to have player Floateyes be the regular blue and enemy Floateye be Ahriman red?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 10, 2020, 11:16:13 amIn short, what you are asking for is having different graphics, not just palettes, based on side.

How do the player class palettes work?

Quote from: Leonarth on June 10, 2020, 11:16:13 amIt would be possible, but it would mean you would need two versions for every monster, which I really don't like the sound of, this cuts on the available color variations you could otherwise use in your hack and doesn't really add anything, in my opinion.

What do you mean by cuts on the available color variations?

I know Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis is a different game, but that has for example: Player Ninjas(Green), Enemy Ninjas(Red) and Predator Class(Purple).

Quote from: Leonarth on June 10, 2020, 11:16:13 amAlso monsters changing colors when recruited sounds plain weird to me for some reason.

It happens in the Tactics Ogre series with humanoid monsters and humans. Like a red Lizardman will instantly turn green as soon as he's persuaded onto your side.

Large Monsters, which don't use weapons, such as Griffons, only possess one palette used for both ally and enemy units, however. The only exception being Giants.

Leonarth

QuoteWould it then be possible to have player Floateyes be the regular blue and enemy Floateye be Ahriman red?
It is, and it's not different from how playable jobs work. You can do that in a hack if you want, I'm not going to do it.
In case you don't yet know this, I'm not making a romhack here, I'm making tools people can use to make their romhacks, you can take my stuff and go make your own thing if you want the features you are suggesting.

QuoteHow do the player class palettes work?
There's only two palettes jobs use, and they are the same that monsters use (minus the yellow palette, which no playable job uses, only monsters and special characters like Montblanc use that one), each job has a different palette based on the faction the are in.
You CAN make Floateyes be blue when on the player side and red when on the enemy, side, you CAN'T make them be green or purple or whatever, without changing their graphics. If you don't make new graphics they can only be blue, red or yellow.

I think you still haven't understood what a palette is and how it works, so I'll try to explain it:

These are the three palettes.
When a unit is using the blue palette, it can only use the colors you see in the top row.
If that unit changes palettes, you can't just decide what color each color becomes, the palettes are shared for all units so you can't just change them. blue becomes red, green becomes purple, you don't get to choose.
Therefore, if you want a Floateye that is not red, blue or yellow, you need new graphics that use the green/purple/emerald color slots. I suggest you look up "indexed color" on google if you don't understand what I'm saying.

QuoteWhat do you mean by cuts on the available color variations?
Say someone wants to make new types of Ahrimans. For each one, they would need to make two new colors instead of one, and they would have half as many possible variations as a result, for example, they wouldn't be able to have a green one because it would be used by player Floateyes and they wouldn't be able to use a purple one because it would be used by player Ahrimans. As a result, they could realistically only make one new type of Ahriman. Making a change that's going to have to be undone by anyone that wants to add new monster types doesn't sound very productive.

However, if all the Floateye types have the same palette regardless of side, you can easily have at least 6 different types of them. This doesn't make an impact on playable jobs becuase each one has different graphics anyway, but for recolored monsters it can be pretty important.

Anyway, again, just don't like the idea. I'm not going to work on something I don't want to see.

Delsait

Quote from: Leonarth on June 10, 2020, 07:00:21 pmIn case you don't yet know this, I'm not making a romhack here, I'm making tools people can use to make their romhacks, you can take my stuff and go make your own thing if you want the features you are suggesting.

Sure, I'm going to download your tools and see what I can do.

Quote from: Leonarth on June 10, 2020, 07:00:21 pmHowever, if all the Floateye types have the same palette regardless of side, you can easily have at least 6 different types of them. This doesn't make an impact on playable jobs becuase each one has different graphics anyway, but for recolored monsters it can be pretty important.

I think I'd like to see the monster variant classes all streamlined into a singular class. Like instead of Firewyrm, Icedrake and Thundrakes, it'd simply be one Drake class that could learn all abilities via accessory equipment just like the main classes.

In this idea, I think it'd be good if monster classes scaled not via more powerful variants but simply later monsters having more skills like the mainline classes. There wouldn't be any monsters with flatly terrible stats like goblin.

All that being said, I'm new to modding FFTA, so I'll start small.

Thank you for lending me your time to explain palettes in the FFTA engine.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Leonarth on September 05, 2018, 01:04:22 amThe combo/totema disabling is just a one instruction change, it's in the jpLearn.event file, in line 7, removing line 7 and building the rom again would enable combos and totemas but any unit would be able to use totemas every other turn which is why I disabled them.
I want to know if these are possible, and if so, could you tell me how to implement them:

The AIO lists totema as an A-ability. So, would it be possible to replace totema command with another skill?
If yes, does it work fine without messing up Li-Grim's Descent skill (summons random totema)?

I want to replace totema with "Abate" (Judgemaster Cid's skill that stops the Judge).
Spend 10JP to stop laws/judge, but lose out on the 20JP judge reward for KO/abiding law.

Another thing, the game increases laws per battle from 1 to 3 as you progress. How to make it stay at 1 law the entire game?

Leonarth

QuoteThe AIO lists totema as an A-ability. So, would it be possible to replace totema command with another skill?
I mean, possible, yes, of course. I have not looked into it, though.

QuoteIf yes, does it work fine without messing up Li-Grim's Descent skill (summons random totema)?
If you edit the Totema skill themselves then yes, it would mess up Descent, if you edited which ability the Totema commands use then no, it would not mess with Descent at all.

QuoteHow to make it stay at 1 law the entire game?
Have not looked into this either.
If I had to guess it's just some flag that gets set? So you would change the events so that they are not set or (more likely) change the check for it so that it's always false.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Leonarth on June 13, 2020, 08:01:00 pmI mean, possible, yes, of course. I have not looked into it, though.
If you edit the Totema skill themselves then yes, it would mess up Descent, if you edited which ability the Totema commands use then no, it would not mess with Descent at all.
Have not looked into this either.
If I had to guess it's just some flag that gets set? So you would change the events so that they are not set or (more likely) change the check for it so that it's always false.
Thanks for answering.

A question about movement abilities:
Moogles only got one movement ability and I want to add the remaining. So, should I edit "movement name.s"? Could you explain what to edit here.

Leonarth

QuoteSo, should I edit "movement name.s"?
I have no idea what file you are talking about, but if it has a .s at the end the answer is no, that is asm source code, the engine hacks are made so that you never have to edit any of the source code (unless you actually want to change how the systems themselves work).

You edit movement abilities the same way you would edit any ability, you don't need to do anything special.
Certain combo ability effects have been replaced with movement ability effects, and that is all, if you make a Moogle combo use the Combat Combo effect (combo effect 1), then that Moogle combo will also be Move+1, if you made that same Moogle combo have effect 7 then it would be Ignore Height. And to change the name you can, again, do it like you would do with any other ability. If you set the name to 0x701 it would be Move+1, 0x702 for Move+2, and so on.
Here's a table:

rrs_kai

Quote from: Leonarth on June 14, 2020, 01:46:21 pmif you make a Moogle combo use the Combat Combo effect (combo effect 1), then that Moogle combo will also be Move+1
That's quite a simple fix.
Thanks, I did not think this way :D

On another note, This happened a few times and I am not sure if its a bug.

I had the JP reset. Here 269 became 79.
All I did was one battle. I started at 269 and earned around 200JP (used Judge to steal JP from enemies) and then it reset.

It happened a few times, sometimes mid-battle, and other times just after the battle finishes. Once I had two characters reset.
I tested a few times by repeating the same actions but I could not replicate it.
The move Judge may be not the cause, I had many battles go fine. Even Steal: JP worked fine.

I've always observed it reset the 100th digit.
This happened both before and after the JudgeReward fix.

Leonarth

Can't really do much if there's no replication steps.
I don't know why this would happen, much less why it would happen just sometimes.

If you can get me a savestate of just before you lose the JP and tell me which action makes you lose it that would allow me to easily fix the issue.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Leonarth on January 11, 2019, 09:16:00 amRemember, if you have any features you would like to see in (or changed), let me know, there's several things I want to touch up, like how JP is earned in combat, any suggestion you drop here will be considered when I add new stuff.

In case you're still taking suggestions, I'd like to request this QOL improvement:

Make all party members earn the battle reward AP (or JP) instead of just the members that participated.
This idea is from FFTA2.

Leonarth

That's something I actually already made, but it's untested, try it out and let me know if it works:

#define rewardAllBattle //makes all units gain JP from regular mission rewards, regardless of if they participated
#define rewardAllDispatch //same as above but for dispatch missions

#ifdef rewardAllBattle
 PUSH
 ORG $45D34; SHORT 0x46C0
 ORG $45D3C; SHORT 0x46C0
 ORG $45D44; SHORT 0x46C0
 ORG $45D5A; SHORT 0x46C0
 ORG $45D5E; SHORT 0xE000
 POP
#endif

#ifdef rewardAllDispatch
 PUSH; ORG $47748; SHORT 0x46C0; POP
#endif

rrs_kai

The rewardAllBattle worked fine for missions, but not for random clan battles. The text also displayed correctly for all non-participating party members.

The rewardAllDispatch did not work well. The game bugged out at the mission summary screen and went into a loop showing random ability names.

rrs_kai

Mobo found a bug when he was playing my mod with engine-hacks. When we open the ability screen of Fairy/Galmia/Feather shoes, the game freezes. The shoes' effects are working fine in battle.

These engine-hacks were enabled:
-intro scene skip
-manual party member sorting
-stealable shoes
-morpher looks like monster

I've tested this bug and its also present in vanilla, if we apply any engine hacks. I think that this is because of the re-arranging of the shoes' abilities done by jobAndRaceCustomization. So, I've disabled jobAndRaceCustomization from the _MasterHackInstaller by commenting it out; this solved the shoes' bug, but Marche and Montblanc started with no classes just a hyphen - and stats set to zero.
Is there a fix to shoes' bug? Or is this way to make the minor hacks apply without also applying jobAndRaceCustomization?

Sidenote: If we use BOOST on a morphed Morpher then his monster sprite changes to a Rockbeast that's continuously jumping. The jumping that happens when a unit levels up. After the Boost status is gone he reverts to the monster he previously was. Game works fine, no freezing.

Leonarth

Quote from: undefinedWhen we open the ability screen of Fairy/Galmia/Feather shoes
I don't know what this means.

Quote from: undefinedre-arranging of the shoes' abilities done by jobAndRaceCustomization
? No clue what you mean.

Quote from: undefinedMarche and Montblanc started with no classes just a hyphen
You need to make a new save if you disable jobAndRaceCustomization, I can't really be sure of what you did or didn't do, I can't offer support for everything, if you touch something outside of the configuration options then anything could happen.
Marche and Montblanc are using the blank jobs you were asking about in the other topic.

Quote from: undefinedIs there a fix to shoes' bug?
I don't know because I don't understand what the issue actually is... Can you at least provide screenshots of what should happen if it were working or something?

Quote from: undefinedmake the minor hacks apply without also applying jobAndRaceCustomization?
No. Many things depend on the patches in job and race customization, making it optional doesn't make sense.

Quote from: undefinedIf we use BOOST on a morphed Morpher then his monster sprite changes
Noted.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Leonarth on July 07, 2020, 10:07:09 amI don't know what this means.
By ability screen, I meant the screen that appears when we press R on any item.
Game freezes when we press R on those three boots, even on vanilla with mentioned hacks enabled.

Quote from: Leonarth on July 07, 2020, 10:07:09 amYou need to make a new save if you disable jobAndRaceCustomization, I can't really be sure of what you did or didn't do, I can't offer support for everything, if you touch something outside of the configuration options then anything could happen.
Marche and Montblanc are using the blank jobs you were asking about in the other topic.
I took a vanilla ROM, commented out jobAndRaceCustomization in _MasterHackInstaller, and enabled these hacks:
-intro scene skip
-manual party member sorting
-stealable shoes
-morpher looks like monster

I did not do anything to Marche and Montblanc, their classes just became blank. The other 4 party members are fine.