• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:20:47 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Swordmaster Edition - FFT Rebalance Mod

Started by SchmidttyGames, December 16, 2023, 12:42:47 pm

SchmidttyGames

Current Version: A00 - First Public Release!

Overview
Rebalances Vanilla Story around an entirely new job philosophy.  Turns Ramza into the God he always should have been and makes the Lucavi actually threatening bosses.  Not hard for the sake of being hard, but instead giving the challenge a "Tactics" game always deserved rather than the stomp it becomes in Chapter 4 Vanilla.

This originally began as a simple idea.  "I want more Sword Skills."  Over time, it expanded into a complete job restructure, a complete ability restructure, a complete item overhaul, a complete ability rebalance and restructure again, and a complete rebalancing of the ENTD twice. 

The project has been well tested, but I would be remiss to not admit there may be some bugs out there waiting to be found. 

Currently, the core story hasn't changed, though I have edited some event text for flavor as I learn how to create events to expand the project.  With all the changes, it is now a stand-alone experience that I will keep expanding on as my knowledge grows.  Chapter 5 is already written for when I'm able to begin building it. 

Until then, we feel that this is in a good place, ready to be pulled apart by the community at large.  I hope you will consider giving it a try.  Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated!

GoogleDocs Romhack Data Sheet:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/17N0LDhvJ3zNRewDaUp1CyDs9McABAZrJp6Uejo5nzBc/edit?usp=sharing

There are two options for installation.  Either  .PPF or .UPS.  The UPS file is Zipped to post here.  You don't need both.  Only one or the other.   :more:

PPF
 FFT-Swordmaster-A00.ppf
   UPS
 FFT-Swordmaster-A00.zip
   ReadMe
 FFTSMReadMe.txt

#AlgusDeservedIt
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

budgieflame99

• Modding version: Other/Unknown