• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Check Project Ideas

Started by Mando, January 25, 2011, 07:13:03 am

Scearcely

up to thieves fort, few notes:

first, squire replacement jobs' skill sets seem VERY expensive, particularly with no gained jp up.  didn't have a single skill learned til after sweegy woods besides the tomohawk ramza started with.

btw, does monster talk do something I'm unaware of? all talk skills have been removed(mediator class and vanilla-ramza's special moves) so I see no point to it.

starting handaxes could easily stand to lose that PA+1, those things are brutal with the new formula(hit 60 dmg non-crit in magic city gariland battle, 45 as average on lvl 1 mercs)

algus and delita both guest-join as a "new knight," but algus's base class is considered squire(his special version with the two break skills) changing his class at all removes "traitor's skills" permanently

did some grinding after sweegy due to:
A) fear of what you might have done to the dorter battle
B) so I wouldn't be all squire/alchemist through the whole first chapter

not much, was level 5 for dorter, but this let me dig into some of the other skill sets a bit, you probably should have mentioned storyline battles are going to scale.

blackmage and redmage seem to have a bug or 2
redmage:
ice 0.5 costs 100 more jp than either fire 0.5 or bolt 0.5 (200 vs 100)
when hitting a target with fire 0.5, after the attack resolves, i get a "<target> joined" message, just the message, no effect on battle

blackmage:
when I switched from blackmage to redmage, character retained MA save as reaction ability until I manually de-equiped it

unlocked thief class just before thieves fort, ambush still has steal heart's description, couldn't afford it jp wise so didn't test effect

Battles:
algus was oneshotted in mandalia story battle by thief w/ equip axe.  If you chose to try and save him, this battle is nearly impossible, the axe minimum damage will allow him to be mopped up by the chemist before any player character can reach/cure him

possibly the wrong archer has longbow in dorter (the very high one has crossbow)  I'll understand if this was intentional, battle was brutal even without that archer sniping me for 3 rounds, 3 knights with equip xbow...

Ran into MAJOR graphical issues in thieves fort story battle, guessing its a bug w/ miluda's sprite. gonna build a new iso to make sure it isn't me, if it isn't, i'll post a screenie.

Scearcely

its not me,

that rainbow is a chemist(male) first photo, and a blackmage(male) second photo.

Mando

January 30, 2011, 04:48:07 pm #22 Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:54:18 pm by Mando
Wierd, I haven't had issues with the miluda. Her sprite looks wierd when she leaves battle but that is due to the event editing and eventchr.

I will drop the +PA off the starting axes as you suggest. Did your .ppf not have staggering blow for 200jp?

The reason the skills for mercenary are expensive is the fact that some are actually good. I essentially made it "warrior" style class.

The Ice 0.5 glitch is prolly due to a placement with the skill in the patcher.

Yes, all innates remain with the character if you switch classes and you did not have anything in that spot, consider it a perk and another strategy. Cause if you go to a fight w/o anything in that spot, changes classes after the fight. You can retain the skill ^^

*I managed to save algus a few minutes ago. I just drew out the enemy from the opposite side of the field.*

------------------------------------------

Ok I just saw your post. It is the sprite overload issue. I can release another .ppf with the fix in a moment. Just give me a tid bit of time ^^;

Sprite overload = too many different sprites on the battlefield and psx cannot handle it properly.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Celdia

Probably over the sprite limit again, mando.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Mando

Ya thats what it is. I hate the sprite limits. So freaking stupid to even have those in place...

Scearcely

January 30, 2011, 05:58:21 pm #25 Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:00:43 pm by Scearcely
QuoteDid your .ppf not have staggering blow for 200jp?

yeah, staggering is 200, I think its the axes.
default jp for an attack of ~12, 6 allies, 3(ramza, algus, generic) who can 1-shot the squires in gariland, and with innate train, effectively one-shot monsters as well if you haven't done any grinding.  actually the monsters are even worse, since they go attack and make for even less actions performed by allies.

just don't get enough actions done to build past the ~100 or so starting jp.  nerfing the axes could very well fix the jp issue. and its strictly an early game issue so don't do anything crazy like innate jp up to all.

some of that could be my leftovers from vanilla, vanilla squires are for 2 things: gained jp up, accumulate.  even move+1 i normally get from spillover from ramza instead of playing the class

sidenote: ability formulas would be nice, descriptions on merc abilites don't make them sound that appealing.
tried rampage in the demo/intro fight and resolved to having no effect
staggering has basically the same description as dash in vanilla, but with a charge time eww
they're weapon damage based attacks right?  then alot better than what i was thinking(staggering could be very nice on my ranger), I'll unlock a few and play in a random battle.

accumulate needed the nerf, vanilla is WAY to powerful(and the best jp building move in game other than yell)
still 500 for a blowback move? how freaking hard does it hit?
AI might not like staggering, delita had it for dorter and desert, never used it.(he was gonna be my test to see if i wanted to buy it  :cry: )

Quote*I managed to save algus a few minutes ago. I just drew out the enemy from the opposite side of the field.*

maybe i just need to work on my AI manipulation, still had multiple "choose to ignore him, thief swings, algus dies"

also want to add my vote that the phoenix down price was probably the biggest shocker of chapter one.  that made for some interesting class decisions that i normally wouldn't have made.  propositions in chapter 2 will largely negate the issue from there on so its fine.  expensive enough to deter offensive use/spam, cheap enough that you'll still have them when you need them(chapter 2 on)

EDIT:  yep sprite limit, made my female redmage a spiritualist(to match the enemy one) graphics are clean

Mando

January 30, 2011, 06:25:47 pm #26 Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:51:58 pm by Mando
I appreciate all your comments!! You have been a great help to me :) I am working on rebalancing some things. How about making the staggering blow(aka knockback) instant? I can lower the cool down on rampage(as well as JP) and increase the vertical so it is more effective.

I'll use the ASM to increase the chance of knock back to around 6% increase.
I'll lower the damage of the starting axe.
I like the mercenaries having innate train though :) It makes them beastmaster.
I removed monster talk (I accidently left it in) I gave ramza monster skill as well (like all squires have).
I am going to make 2 of the ranger moves instant as well, the high accuracy shot and the death sentence move(heart shot).

I am changing around Burning Fists to be like 400jp and increase its range by 1.
Obscuring strike is going to be 100jp instead now :) and like a measly ct of 2.

I moved the fire 0.5 spell, the reason why this occured is because of the hardcoding associated to the invite talk skill it replaced. I think I am going to go ahead and rename the red mage moves. To Flame, Sleet, Spark, and Heal.

Any other suggestions you would like to see implemented? I am trying to make the mechanics good for people were its serves as a challenge and is fun and new at the same time. I have a ct(4) and mp(10) on accumulate currently (so people couldn't spam).

Also do you like the sprites being used? I am going to change agrias' sprite it looked kind of crappy(color wise.)

Any specific move you would like to see a character have? Tried Regen All(I think this made regen useful... for once lol)

I am always open to suggestions/ideas. *Disclaimer* this does not mean I will implement every idea, but I can make changes to an idea suggested or use it in combination with something else. (I think 70% of the ideas I've gotten I've implemented somehow :)  )

dinosaur

YAY! My Mando's patch play through! Come and Watch
Mando's patch play though

Mando: I won't write on the forums unless it is something extreme I need to tell you, otherwise my opinions will be through the video.

Mando

January 30, 2011, 07:39:40 pm #28 Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:45:43 pm by Mando
Ya, I am almost done fixing stuff. I updated first fight just for you ( I already fixed the knight in wrong spot)

I made it so you control every good guy first fight.

Also, yes I am lowering the first axes you get too strong for that point in the game. Makes it too easy or too hard depending on luck.

Scearcely

so this game IS ffxi inspired!  good i'm not losing my mind.  guess I need to make a ranger/ninja to relive my glory days.

Mando

LOL. I was tempted to add Mijin Gakure.... but then I thought it would be too OP. Then again why not right D:? All I'd have to do is weaken it then =x

Lucifer_zero

I haven´t playied long enough to talk about axe... after playing many hack, i realised that some things  looks strong at the time you get they, but after some time, they tend to not be usefull anymore... Ramza´s Tomahawk for me was something like that, it´s a got a good initial range, but currently it´s suffer from obstacles on way to target and the damage don´t keep in comparsion with others skills.

But really, the initial axe could lose the +1PA, liked burning fist being with 1 more range... accumulate, maybe an even higher JP cost, no CT but huge MP cost ( or with CT... don´t mind about it, for the one using this skills should be relatively safe ), if someone really want to get JP, they will get one lvl 1 char and keep healing / attaking him... this is better than accumulate
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

dinosaur

Quote from: Lucifer_zero on January 30, 2011, 08:19:56 pm
.. Ramza´s Tomahawk for me was something like that, it´s a got a good initial range, but currently it´s suffer from obstacles on way to target and the damage don´t keep in comparsion with others skills.

I think it is meant to suffer from obstacles because in the description it says, the user throws the weapons. SO if there is an obstacle in your way of throwing it fails. Like the Chemist item or Ninja throw in vanilla.

Mando

January 30, 2011, 09:09:24 pm #33 Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:18:59 pm by Mando
almost done, doing some quick tests rq to make sure the patch set up correctly before i make a new ppf
it will be infusion1.1.ppf

small... delay just checked everything working normally... and for some stupid ass reason the new names didn't take...

MysticKnightFF5

Could you make Ultima useful? >.>
You know, how it should be, ultimate?

Mando

January 30, 2011, 09:42:10 pm #35 Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:47:25 pm by Mando
Ramza does not have ultima. In fact only Altima knows Ultima as All-Ultima and the lv 2 ultima.

The weapon sprite used will not match those used in the battle animation. So you may end up using a a sword/rod for an axe... I am somewhat stumped on how to "EFFECTIVELY" correct this.. I can think of ways too correct it but some may not work out as intended...

any help with this would be great.

Lijj

Maybe something other than -1 pa on axes since they suck against monsters as they are; they only take about 20 hp off chocobos and goblins anyway. They are strong against humans esp. when it's a critical hit but I didn't have that problem at all with the axe equipped thief in Mandalia Plains.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mando

Btw I am looking for people to help me fix things in the patch so I can finish it off.
I know people say one person should work on a patch, but I mean I've done the grunt work pretty much already.

I need to fix the item battle animations.
fix eventchrs
Maybe tweak an event or 2.

The rest is just balancing, so if your interested please PM or post. Thanks

dinosaur

January 31, 2011, 02:21:52 pm #38 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:53:48 pm by dinosaur
Actually. Watch my next video and see if Dorter is too one-sided. I feel like I can only win this battle if all my classes were Wizards.

Scearcely

January 31, 2011, 03:32:20 pm #39 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:38:11 pm by Scearcely
It's not included in his notes anywhere, but both thieves and knights get xbow access natively, they're actually for THOSE classes, rangers probably should never use anything but a longbow(and I think this is a good thing)

fft's archer/ranger need the boost of good weapons due to how their skillset works, poor hp and evasion, and that minor can't target close enemies(allayed somewhat with the ranger skill set) not to mention charge times on 80% of abilities(which should stay, 1 weapon range instant, and 1 set range instant that doesn't damage is just perfect)

went through dorter 1/1 at level 5, nuke the knights, they got def up yes, but not mag def up
bring your own archer, you easily have access to it by then

what setup are you bringing in to there? dorter is always a tough battle, even in vanilla it was probably the 2nd hardest chapter 1 since weigraf/algus are assasination

side note on ranger: coronach is ff11's ultimate GUN move, just for versimilitude should go with namas' arrow

finished up chapter 1:
windmill has sprite overload
EDIT: crap, fort does to, forgot i brought a wizard 1st time through.

wiegraf w/ flail is horribly overpowered but susceptible to weapon break so meh, wiegraf w/ sword is fine, maybe even a little weak
(could be because i hit him w/ weapon break, then powerbreak x2, without BOTH of those he would have been annoying)

algus' AI means that battle lasts 2 rounds(nothing you can do about that really)

reinforced lance:
A) shouldn't be available as miluda v2 reward(should be plain lance) even though it takes crazy grinding to actually be able to USE it
B) has a description error

encyclopedia(wiegraf reward) doesn't mention spiritualist equipable
spiritualist were removed from rod/staff means that encyclopedia is the first weapon they can equip. was this intentional(fine if it is, just want to make sure sticks are available at chapter 2 start)

repeat, thief/knight aren't listed as crossbow jobs on item descriptions

apply toxin(since not 100%) should be weapon range

time to go see what gafgarion/agrias are like.