• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Spell Quotes in Mercenaries

Started by LastingDawn, February 25, 2009, 11:49:56 am

LastingDawn

February 25, 2009, 11:49:56 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well... obviously none of the spells have stayed the same. Therefore we need another new list for these, there are many, many new skills which will require spell quotes, probably... everyone in the end, after all. Except the Bolts on the Archers (unless someone can think of ones that are good enough) though I don't want to overload the plate posting all 180 some new skills... so let's start off with the Cantor and go on from there...

Cantor

Healing Voice- Heals a single target unit next to the Cantor for 40% of their HP in which they enter a praying position, though this song does not work on those who are praying, or moments from death

Healing Breath- Heals a large area for 20% of their HP in which they enter a praying state, though the song does not work on those who are praying, or moments from Death

Throe of Rebirth - Rebirth is a very painful process, the ancient chant from the Cantor is anything but sweet, reduces an allies HP by 25% but gives them Reraise.

Hymn of Life- Gives new life to the dead (Life Spirit effect and animation)

Aria of Peace - Dispels Berserk from the targets and heals their wounds with a soothing voice.

Insane Chant - Inane babbling in a dark voice, confuses the enemy and dealing physical damage.

Lethargic Psalm- A magical verse taken from the Gospel of Bariaus puts an ally into a deep and restful sleep, while quickly healing their broken bodies, this of course feels like a sleep of a 100 years, therefore upon awaking, are sluggish in movement.
(65% Heal, Sleep and Slow)

Tumultuous Bellow- With savage yells and roars inflicts Berserk in an area around the target

Sonnet to Faram- With a written sonnet, tries to reach the ears of Faram to be blessed by His grace. (Applies only to the caster)

(Protect/Shell/Regen/Faith) (All)

Coronach to Lucavi- With a silent, but vicious litany of the Lucavi, beseeches the High Seraph, Ultima to dispose of their foes, pelting them with dark energy, in an attempt to inflict them with harmful ailments.. (Single Enemy)

(Berserk/Blind/Poison/Innocent) (All)

(Secret Skill)
Mighty Prayer- With a voice that expands from one side of the battlefield to the other, the Cantor preaches aloud the miracles of St. Ajora, forcing Faith on all units.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

PX_Timefordeath

February 25, 2009, 06:33:51 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Lethargic Psalm: "Sooth your aching bones, and relax your mind. Lethargic Psalm!"
Aria of Peace: "Lose your rage and keep your mind, lest it destroy you. Aria of Peace!"
Hymn of Life: "Return thy soul to the body, and breathe in the air. Hymn of Life!"
Healing Breath: "Lady of the healing hands, inspire us, regenerate us. Healing Breath!"

boomkick

February 25, 2009, 08:53:04 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Healing Voice- Rise, your time has not yet come, Healing Voice!

Healing Breath- May my voice be the savior of many. Healing Breath!

Throe of Rebirth - Your last breath, ironically, won't be your last, Throe of Rebirth!

Hymn of Life-  Death will not overcome thee, be strong. Hymn of Life!

Aria of Peace
- As my voice as your guide, calm yourself and think! Aria of Peace!

Insane Chant- What comes first, the chicken or the egg? Insane Chant!

Lethargic Psalm- May Death's brother (also known as sleep) give you life and vitality, Lethargic Psalm!

Tumultuous Bellow- Haha! You lack power, so therefore, you are weak! Insane Chant!

Sonnet to Faram- May God grant me passage through evil and open my heart to his name. Sonnet of Faram!

Coronach to Lucavi- (This one is hard...)

(Secret Skill)
Mighty Prayer- All of the world! Hear my voice! God is here! God has come to judge us all! Mighty Prayer!

PX_Timefordeath

February 25, 2009, 09:45:20 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Invoker

Burn - MA * 6 (MA + 50%) Range 3, Effect Area 1, Vertical 3, MP 8, Chance to inflict Haste- The most powerful of the Invoker's spellbook, yet also one of the most inaccurate. It's power is augmented in it's spread damage.

Freeze - MA * 3 (MA + 40%) Range 4, Effect Area 1, Vertical 1, MP 6, Inflict Slow- It's power lies not in it's damage but in it's ability to slow opponents, as well as it's top of the line Range. It's cost is cheap, and even one hit could turn the tide.

Shock - MA * 2 (MA + 70)%) Range 3, Effect Area 0, Vertical 10, MP 15, Inflict Stop or Don't Act or Don't Move- As one can plainly see, Shock's power lies completely in the status it *can* do, it is the highest vertical of the spells (of course! How can lightning Have a vertical?!)

Tremor - MA * 3 (MA + 50%) Range 0, Effect Area 2, Vertical 0, MP 12 - The earth rumbles and shakes underneath the opponents collapsing here and there. The power of this lies in it's DO range, it causes no status effect.

Gale - Dmg_Random(1...4)* MA (For now PA...) Range 4, Effect Area 4, Vertical 2, (linear attack), MP 14 - A truly unique attack, with a gust of wind blowing forth from the caster, Pushes all enemies back, in a straight line.

Engulf - MA * 4 (MA + 60%) Range 2, Effect Area 1, Vertical 4, MP 10, Inflict
Poison - Many large bubbles appear and explode over the targets, it power lies in it's relatively high damage and it's guaranteed poison.

Spirit Surge - MA * 5 (MA + 45%) Range 5, Effect Area 0, Vertical 3, MP 18, Inflict Confusion - A surge of Holy energy comes forth from the user, inflicting the unit with conflicting thoughts and emotions. Very inaccurate, but very powerful, the longest range of the Grimiores.

Dark Chant - MA * 2 (MA + 65%) Range 2, Effect Area 0, Vertical 5, MP 8, Inflict 25% Charm, - The targets soul is infused with a lesser dark spirit, that bids servitude to the Invoker, taking possession of the target.

Secret Skill:Explosion - MA * 5 (MA + 30%) Range 4, Effect Area 2, Vertical 2, MP 15 - The Invoker's most destructive spell, as well as the most inaccurate, from a distance the Invoker let's fly a large explosion.

boomkick

February 25, 2009, 11:37:53 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Burn- Destruction of nature, I call upon thee! Burn!

Freeze- Bring forth the ice-like chill of death. Freeze!

Shock
- Strike those unworthy of your presence! Shock!

Tremor- Shake Earth, Shake! Bury those who stand on thee! Tremor!

Gale- Blow away my enemies and strike down those who flourish in the wind, Gale!

Engulf- Strangle my enemies! Engulf!

Spirit Surge- Attack thine enemies, striking them down both in body and mind! Spirit Surge!

Dark Chant
- Your soul is mine! Dark Chant!

Explosion- Annihilate! Destroy all those who dare defy me! Explosion!

LastingDawn

February 26, 2009, 01:57:18 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
These are all great! Though I did change up a few to suit the mood a little better, very few though. Keep up the good work!

QuoteHealing Voice- Rise, your time has not yet come, Healing Voice!

Healing Breath: "Lady of the healing hands, inspire us, regenerate us. Healing Breath!"

Throe of Rebirth - Your last breath, ironically, won't be your last, Throe of Rebirth!

Hymn of Life- Death will not overcome thee, be strong. Hymn of Life!

Aria of Peace: "Lose your rage and keep your mind, lest it destroy you. Aria of Peace!"

Insane Chant- What comes first, the chicken or the egg? Insane Chant!

Lethargic Psalm- May Death's brother give you life and vitality, Lethargic Psalm!

Tumultuous Bellow- You lack terrifying rage, so therefore, you are complacent! Tumultuous Bellow!

Sonnet to Faram- May St. Ajora grant me passage through evil and open my heart to His name. Sonnet of Faram!

Coronach to Lucavi- Altima, Velius, Zalera, Hashamalum, Queklain, Adramelk, you dieties of the North Star! Listen to your humble servant's pleas, strip the soul of my opponent! Coronach to Lucavi!

(Secret Skill)
Mighty Prayer- All of the world! Hear my voice! St. Ajora is here! St. Ajora has come to judge us all! Mighty Prayer!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burn- Destruction of nature, I call upon thee! Burn!

Freeze- Bring forth the ice-like chill of death. Freeze!

Shock- Strike those unworthy of your presence! Shock!

Tremor- Shake Earth, Shake! Bury those who stand on thee! Tremor!

Gale- Blow away my enemies and strike down those who flourish in the wind, Gale!

Engulf- Strangle my enemies! Engulf!

Spirit Surge- Attack thine enemies, striking them down both in body and mind! Spirit Surge!

Dark Chant- Falling deeper into despair... thou cannot hope to recover from your loss! Dark Chant!

Explosion- Annihilate! Destroy all those who dare defy me! Explosion

Next are our Knights.

Abraxas -
Invoking the name of a forgotten St. Ajora, the Knight expends his energy and spirit to attack far off foes.
MP - 10/HP 20%

Somber Drive-
Deals great damage at the cost of life.
HP 40%

Battle Cry-
Casts Haste around the unit, invigorating all allies with high morale.
MP 16

Chaste Slice
Holy Element -Circle Animation when it hits
Deals incredibly high damage to low-faith enemies. (Custom Formula)
MP 10

Nix -
Cut off the last bit of remaining life in the downed unit. Transforming them into a Crystal. (Hit 50%)
MP 30

Ironclad -
The Knight becomes shrouded in a light aura, which, while heals them and protects them, slows down their movement. (Protect, Regen, Slow)
MP 7

Swiftness -
Exerting oneself, flashes a weapon quicker then the eye can see. (Unevadable Attack)
MP 15

Secret Skill
Sanctimonious Saber
The Knight claims to call upon the Almighty One Himself to bring his enemy justice. All decisions from that point on are made on His whim. (Custom Formula)
Hits 1-5, one square

Art of War

boomkick

February 26, 2009, 05:45:24 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Abraxas- St. Ajora, grant me the power strike thine enemies! Abraxas!

Somber Drive- Masters, entrust my life into the blade to punish the wicked and evil! Somber Drive!

Battle Cry- Fight cowards fight! Charge at them with all your strength!

Chaste Slice- Faithless fool, St. Ajora damns you to Hell!

Nix- Rest in eternal sleep and grant me your strength! Nix!

Ironclad- St. Ajora, protect me and my allies from evil! Ironclad!

Swiftness- May my blade be as swift as your death!

Secret Skill
Sanctimonious Saber- May the judgment of the Almighty One have mercy on your pitiful soul. Sanctimonious Saber!

PX_Timefordeath

February 26, 2009, 05:57:43 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
NEXT!

Inquisitors, Heretic Hunting Magi's Bane.

A radical group dedicated to weeding out all Magicians from the world. Even those that claim to take their power from St. Ajora. A radical group who will stop at nothing to dismantle magic, from it's base. Mostly a relic from the past, but the unique skills of these emboldened men are well recorded. Those who possess these skills are often called "Inquisitors". An archaic term, far different from the Pagan Examiner of this day and age. Regardless the namesake Inquisitor has been applied to those who know these skills.
----------------------------

Mana Strip - A cruel ability which takes the magical energy from another and searing their skin in the process. (Will need a custom formula, until then, is just a Mana X% move)

Tear Away - With vehement curses on their lips, the Inquisitor tears away any magical benefits on a target.

Head Cracker - What better way to deal with a demon invoker, then to apply a well aimed blow at their temple, making them forgot their abilities?

Mirror Stance - The reason the Inquisitor's exist in this day and age, the Mirror Stance is a unique method of shielding which turns magic away from them.

St. Ajora's Orb - Some would say that the latter school of the Inquistor's caused their end, this is such a product of that time. Calling forth an ancient incantation, using "St. Ajora's Blessing" to fight back against Magi from a range.

Steady Feet - A series of encouragements cause allies and themselves to break free of freedom restraining effects.

Slice Magic Vein - Seeing the flow of magic into their opposers body, they cut the invisible flow which Magi derive their powers from. (Will need a custom status)
Reactions:------------------------------------------------

Magical Mockery:Counters spells (and spells only) with Infuriate, Berserks the attacking unit. Basically, this needs a rename. The idea is that it taunts a spellcaster making them believe their magic isn't powerful enough to cause significant damage, and the taunt Berserks them into trying to come attack in melee range.

Secret Skill:----------------

Blissful Indulgence - The ultimate skill of the Inquisitor, a product of the latter schools. This ripped mana from the air, and filled an ally of the Inquisitor's. Because of it's contradictory nature to their beliefs, this skill was forbidden, but it was retained in the mind of a few practicing Inquisitors.

boomkick

February 26, 2009, 09:05:32 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Mana Strip- Strip away all sources of power! Mana Strip!

Tear Away- Thy magic will never affect thee any longer! Tear Away!

Head Cracker- Your mind is your weakness, which I shall destroy! Head Cracker!

Mirror Stance- Your magic has no power over me! Mirror Stance!

St. Ajora's Orb
- Grant me this one wish, strike down all those who wield the forces of darkness!

Steady Feet- Their magic is weak! Do not fall for their tricks and mockery! Steady Yourself!

Slice Magic Vein- I will destroy you and your ability to kill with magic!

Blissful Indulgence
- Though art worthy in my eyes to be granted my strength! Blissful Indulgence!

LastingDawn

February 26, 2009, 10:52:53 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "boomkick"Mana Strip- Strip away all sources of power! Mana Strip!

Tear Away- Thy magic will never affect thee any longer! Tear Away!

Head Cracker- Your mind is your weakness, which I shall destroy! Head Cracker!

Mirror Stance- Your magic has no power over me! Mirror Stance!

St. Ajora's Orb
- Grant me this one wish, strike down all those who wield the forces of darkness!

Steady Feet- Their magic is weak! Do not fall for their tricks and mockery! Steady Yourself!

Slice Magic Vein- As your flow of power is cut, may your blood fall like rain!

Blissful Indulgence
- Thou art worthy in my eyes to be granted my strength! Blissful Indulgence!
---------------------------------------------------

Made a few changes, but these are great material! Now I guess Knights (from the post that is three above) would be next.

Art of War

boomkick

February 26, 2009, 10:58:09 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
already did it above LD.

LastingDawn

February 27, 2009, 12:18:31 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Wow! Talk about blind! Sorry about that...

QuoteAbraxas- Forgotten diety, lost in the sands of time, return now! Abraxas!

Somber Drive- The sorrow and guilt held here will be embellished into you! Somber Drive!

Battle Cry- Fight cowards fight! Charge at them with all your strength!

Chaste Slice- Faithless fool, St. Ajora damns you to Hell!

Nix- Rest in eternal sleep and grant me your strength! Nix!

Ironclad- My skin shall become metal, and my body sustained! Ironclad!

Swiftness- May my strike be as swift as your death!

Secret Skill
Sanctimonious Saber- May the judgment of the Almighty One have mercy on your pitiful soul. Sanctimonious Saber!

A few of them didn't quite match the theme I was looking for... but the other's were great!

Art of War

boomkick

February 27, 2009, 01:00:09 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Gambler's Skills

Coin Toss
: Heads or Tails? Your pick! Coin Toss!

Straight- Which one of these cards determines your fate?

Ace of Spades- The Ace of Spades is the last draw!

Dice Off: Roll dice, Roll! Lets see how lucky you are. Dice Off!

Jackpot!- Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck! It's all about luck! Jackpot!

Tantalize - I'm on a winning streak, want to trust me? Tantalize!

Darts
- These i kept just in case of cheaters, and my aim is just as good as my luck! Darts!

Roulette
- Round round it goes, i wonder who shall win this round! Roulette!

(Secret Skill)
Shady Deal- Hey don't worry, it's a "totally fair" bet. I sure you'll win...hehehe... Shady Deal!

LastingDawn

February 27, 2009, 01:06:17 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh my! These are no doubt your best yet! I love each and everyone of these! They capture the heart of what the gambler is about!

Art of War

boomkick

February 27, 2009, 01:08:26 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Thanks, i try.

PX_Timefordeath

February 27, 2009, 07:25:25 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Looks like boomkick has every single quote in this game

LastingDawn

February 27, 2009, 09:27:36 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well if other's would participate I would have a different pool to choose from, I'm thankful for anything, really. For this my mind simply shuts off.

Art of War

boomkick

February 28, 2009, 12:59:32 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Come up with some PX, i really want to see your input in these.

Just like LD said, he may need a bigger pool to choose from so he can fit the best in mercs.

tithin

February 28, 2009, 01:19:52 am #18 Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:09:44 am by tithin
Quote from: "boomkick"Mana Strip- You are reliant on a font from which you can no longer draw.

Tear Away- Your powers are weak! Watch helplessly as I strip them from thee..

Head Cracker- Try casting a spell whilst unconcious, fiend.

Mirror Stance- You cannot hit what you cannot see!

St. Ajora's Orb- What better way to strike at a Mage but with the powers that fuel thee? God forgive me..

Steady Feet- Your minds are weak! Cast off the wretches imaginary shackles!

Slice Magic Vein- I... see your power. I will remove it, permanently!

Blissful Indulgence- I do this only in desperation.. Gods forgive me this transgression..
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

boomkick

February 28, 2009, 03:37:42 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Wow, those are good. Nice job tithin!