• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Question Involving Primary Skillset

Started by Snap006, June 07, 2013, 05:44:53 pm

Snap006

Ok here is my question. I know you cannot replace skills in the geomancer, calculator, and mime class. I just needed to use the sprites for enemies. In the patcher, If I select the calculator job for example and replace the primary skillset with another one from a special unit, will it have any abilities learned? Thanks.

RavenOfRazgriz

You can edit the Calculator and Geomancer skillsets if you know what you're doing...

Assuming you mean changing their Primary Skillset in the Jobs tab, doing what you describe is a terrible idea that is likely to cause all kinds of terrible glitches regarding which skills the units will know.  I forget exactly how it affects the AI but it wigs out to hell for the player.  If it's an enemy-only class, you can hard-set their Primary Skillset to a 'special' skillset in the ENTD and the unit will know every ability in that skillset automatically.  (This is also true of adding a 'special' skillset to their Secondary Skillset slot.)

Snap006

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know!

Myrmidon

ok, just to confirm "if you know what you're doing"...

it's not as simple as changing "Math Skills" from "Arithmeticks" to "<Default>", like what I've read can be done with Archer's "Charge"?

RavenOfRazgriz

Actually it is that simple with Math Skill, but you need ASM to make it not slow down on multi-target attacks to a point that War of the Lions looks fast and to not make all skills be hardcoded to bypass Reflect, should you need either of those features to work properly.