• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

GeneralStrife

I like the sprite, but I'd like to know the composure of his outfit.

Twinees

Kage was using this as a reference, that I made a few months ago.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I think I will submit Hector. Maybe I will do palettes at some later date.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

If these palettes are fine, I'll post the SPR and BMP.

Kagebunji

Mav, you are the man. I really like this. I am kinda sad that hair in FE is always soo flashy, you don't see many classic black or blondes, mostly red, blue or other color like that. Anyway, this has nothing to do with it. If you could post the spr or BMP, I would resubmit it right away. I am really amazed by those.

Thanks Dino, hehe.

Lijj

Those look really good! I like that 4th palette most.

mav

July 17, 2011, 12:12:12 pm #1987 Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:16:53 pm by mav
And here it is. Someone should test it though.

Twinees

Quote from: dinosaur on July 17, 2011, 12:08:06 am
Happy 100th page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Lijj on July 17, 2011, 02:18:17 am
Those look really good! I like that 4th palette most.

Also, Kage, keep reminding me to look at Cyan, otherwise I'll keep forgetting because I'm in holiday mode.
You need to get back to doing FF9 sprites :P. I will gladly help. Actually, I'll come up with some stuff tomorrow and send it to you.

Cheetah

Mav is the palette master. I'm going to have to check this guy out in action as well.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Same here Lijj. I will update the sprite in a flash with those new palettes. Thanks a ton Mav!

Kagebunji

August 02, 2011, 11:49:01 am #1991 Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:37:10 pm by Kagebunji
Been some time, eh. This doesn't mean I am not working on anything. Currently I could use your thoughts and ideas for SP2 files for this monster here called Tortoise(all he needs are SP2 frames, then the size increase, and palettes), also some ideas for portrait would be nice, cause I have no idea where to start. As to Cyan, his walking frames and most of arms are done, so he is not abandoned.

And some sizes I plan to do. Probably all will get reworked, but you can see how it might look when resized.

Wolfran

Use the large tortoise, the one in the first pic looks small like if it is a baby turtle or something. Also that scale behind the head it's too low and looks like the neck.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

RavenOfRazgriz

L tortoise with some combination of Biting / Rapid Spin / Withdraw animations for the SP1 and SP2 files, like I said on IRC, would be really boss.

As for the portrait, the FFTA? portrait (whichever one this is) is honestly pretty solid... it mostly just needs an art style and size conversion.  I see no reason why you can't at least use it as a spiritual base.

If it weren't so much work, I'd also say make a version of this sprite with no sword, just to have the option between them.  (The lack of sword makes it a more "natural" monster and as such makes it fit better in FFT... but the sword version also looks pretty damn solid, and it'd be a shame to only have access to one version of it.)  What inspired you to work on this one?

Kagebunji

Yes, I will work on the L size.

FFTA portrait can be a great reference, I shall work on it once the sprite is done.

I guess doing a version without a sword is a possibilty, but only after I finish the current one, it will be way easier to do that way. Inspiration for this? Can't really say, I just wanted to do a monster, and Pride said he would like to see a Tortoise, so I went along with it.

Cheetah

I feel like you need a lighter highlight shade on his shell to help him match the overall FFT style. Like not just changing the palette, but actually adding additional pixels as highlights.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

You got it, Cheetah. That's a pretty neat idea, highlights are important after all, heh. Will make sure to work on all this once I get more time.

GeneralStrife

Well Kage, if anyone can pull off a huge monster from FFTA and make it look good like that with SP2, it's you. Srsface titan gives you strength. Oh, and your artistic abilities...

Kagebunji

Lately I have lots of stuff to work on, so all will go slower. For now here is the small preview of Lezard's back and forward frames. Forward frame's hair made by Twinees.

shishi-sensou

i like the turtle  :twisted: looks  strong :cool: