• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:39:44 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

Erased most heave outlines and other things I though would help this guy here, new on the left. Comments?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

This is a nice improvement, good work.
Current Projects:

Celdia

I like it. I know you had some single frames done before but how close are you to a finished product? I'll put him in CCP to replace something when he's done. Looks too good to let it go unused.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

That portrait translated really well into FFT.  Like I said before, there's nothing wrong with being "cheap" if it looks awesome.  Being cheap is only a bad thing if you're outputting shit due to it. 

Very nice.  I do hope he ends up with a Rapid Spin.

Kagebunji

Thanks guys, I am happy you like it.

@Celdia, the sprite needs back attack frames(basic ones), and then SP2 file, after this, I have to increase size of Tortoise, wich may take a little more time.

@Raven, Rapid spin might be tough to do, but I will try it nonetheless. I guess just the turtle spinning around would be fitting(somehow I think Twinees' Nanaki sprite can help me with getting an idea)

shishi-sensou

September 09, 2011, 04:17:29 pm #2025 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:21:12 pm by shishi-sensou
=) wow is the tortoise port Locks epic ^^
also i finish the portrait of Asura end

Kagebunji

Since i am kinda busy lately, I will post the version without SP2 for now. I will get back to him whenever I have any free time and feel like it, so no worries. Remember that he is before the resizing process, that will come last. Oh, for some reason the sprite keeps background color when imported in-game, I have yet to figure out why >.>

Cheetah

There is just something about this palette that isn't working for me. Maybe he just needs more shades of green to improve the shading.
Current Projects:

Zozma

September 13, 2011, 05:48:31 pm #2028 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:49:01 pm by Zozma
I agree, it might need softer shades too, like the green dragon

the bomb sprite also has an unused green palette that might have a good shade of green for this
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

That's what I thought when I looked at it. The portrait has those softer more light greens, but the turtle has the metallic like greens.

mav

I'm partial to the Malboro green myself. Good work, Kage.

RavenOfRazgriz

I'm psyched for this with a better palette and an SP2.  Boss turtle will be boss.

It's looking good so far, Kage.  Seems to be translating well, especially considering the source.

Kagebunji

I like the green a lot myself, but you are correct that it doesn't match up with the portrait. I will try different greens for the sprite.

Also, I wondered about other two palettes for it, and I thought of one with purple/blue shell, and third with a black shell. Any suggestions?

Thanks for feedback guys.

RandMuadDib

Obvious: red shells for the ones smart enough to turn around instead of jumping off the cliff
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Wolfran

Green, Red and Yellow are great for tortoises Imo.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Choto

Red turtle shell locks on to your target =)

Kagebunji

Lately I have been thinking about doing some human sprite(since Tortoise is the only one I am currently working on, due to laziness), and a Male Cadet came to mind. I started out with the idea to keep it lightly armored, but I went overboard and did a little more to him than expected, which resulted in this. C&C are welcome.

Cheetah

I'm generally really liking this. The arms look great, wish there could be just a bit more blue on them. The armor is the best gladiator-ish muscled chest plate I have seen yet. However it does seem like a bit too much armor. Perhaps you should think about adding a leather belt instead of the last row of armored abs. Head and hair are looking good too.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

I will do some more work on him tomorrow, and try to implement what you suggest, a belt is a nice idea indeed. I robbed Smash of this armor and changed it a little(look for his Stormtrooper concept), since I really liked the armor ass well, and it deserved to be used for something. Thanks, Cheetah.