• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 12:37:47 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Is It So Wrong To Listen to Christmas Music Today?

Started by RedWorld, November 24, 2011, 10:58:31 am

RedWorld

I asked my dad is Christmas music was playing today. He said yes, so I decided to listen to the radio for it and sure enough, the radio station that I love to listen to Christmas music on is playing the great hits of Christmas. c:

Is that so wrong?

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

There's been Xmas music on the radio around here for at least a week or more on several stations. Don't know if that justifies it but at the very least you're not alone. I usually try to avoid it until after today if only so I'm not trying to kill people for hearing them a month from now due to overexposure. However, not actually working in a retail store helps that since I don't have to spend 8 hours a day listening to the same 19 tracks repeated in the same order.

Things to add to my list of Stuff I Love About My Job: No music allowed in the office.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kaijyuu

I like listening to christmas music in July. So obviously, in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with playing christmas music.

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kagebunji

i never really cared for it. I prefer to listen to harder stuff, rawr.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RedWorld

Yes Eternal. You know. ;D

Holy crap Celdia! I love your Zelda avi! Must've been years of perfection! OwO Anyway, that's too bad. D: Not even iPods?

What are you going to do Dome? Ban me from spam? *makes a puckered lip face..... thing*

YAY KAI!!! :D Have you ever heard the Hawaiian Christmas song? I love it! <333

At everyone else: :(

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Celdia

November 25, 2011, 11:59:11 am #8 Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:00:12 pm by Celdia
Yeah, this port is what happens when our pro spriting team works together. We need to get them to collaborate on everything they do. They'd turn out sprites that would put Square to shame on a weekly basis then. :P

GeneralStrife

Christmas music rocks....light hearted....best time of the year. Jolly times. I don't shop so it's all good feelings.

RedWorld

Which makes me sad now, Celdia, because I need to start doing sprites myself. I'm selling full sprite sheets for $20 outside this site. No one seems to be interested. *sob*

I know Strife! It's so great! <333

Ryqoshay

November 28, 2011, 09:53:59 pm #11 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:40:18 am by Ryqoshay
The best way I've found to survive the X-mas season and its music is to rewrite it.
Like this one written from the perspective of my beloved, bloodthirsty barbarian, Sanguine.

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is right
Severed limbs are scattered around
Holey bodies all tossed in a mound
Sleep in eternal peace
Sleep in eternal peace

Silent night, holy night
Comm'ners quake at the sight
Bloody streams from battles afar
Roads run red from the massacre
Sanguine surely was here
Sanguine surely was here

Silent night, holy night
Sons of all, faced her might
Radiant sprays from main arteries
Never sated, she kills a she please
Sanguine, killer since birth
Sanguine, killer since birth
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

EmmaNigma

I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RedWorld

...... I don't know what to think of those songs. I dunno if I would play them to my future kids or just destroy them in a fire. XDXDXD

Celdia

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I was thinking of making a parody of christmas songs.  Like, one where Rudolph goes on a shooting spree and kills all the other reindeer.

Kaijyuu

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on November 29, 2011, 03:33:42 pm
I was thinking of making a parody of christmas songs.  Like, one where Rudolph goes on a shooting spree and kills all the other reindeer.

Celdia

Ryqoshay

November 29, 2011, 05:59:27 pm #19 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:05:12 pm by Ryqoshay
Quote from: RedWorld on November 29, 2011, 11:40:46 am
...... I don't know what to think of those songs. I dunno if I would play them to my future kids or just destroy them in a fire. XDXDXD

Fire? Funny you should mention fire, I just wrote one for Yvonne...

Deck my foes with balls of fire
Fa la la la la la la la la
Tis the season for great pyres
Don me now my flower dresses
Ponytail my golden tresses

See the blazing foe below me
Strike from height, they die or flee~