• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 03:09:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Sword Glitch Fix Plz?

Started by evan212, July 21, 2010, 07:27:17 pm

evan212

Ok so I being a Nubby was stoked about playing V.1.3030 on a PS2/PSX system .... (for me its the only way to play a game) ... when i came across the stubborn freeze glitch ... so i did some research and luckly *Patch has supplied us with a ppf file that patches the annoying freeze for a freshly patched V1.3030.

"Patch:
        I replaced the BATTLE.BIN in a 13030-patched image with a 13027-patched version, and can enter a battle without the game freezing on the PSX and PSP. "
 Download that here: viewtopic.php?t=4182   <----

It later goes on to talk about the "Sword Glitch" caused by the "defend hack"

This is what i'm getting to...
         I realize i've never hacked anything .. hex edited .. sprited .. ect ..., but if there's anyone who can help with  this ... or even show me a how to guide....
      I would work on this until the game is fixed up real nice and clean and then after i would test the game over and over prolly playing through a few times i'm
      sure.

Granted .. if it's to hard for some idiot to read a guide and figure it out ... doesn't this site have some clever ASM hackers that could patch/fix/or remove the defend hack pretty quick ... or is this more time consuming than I think? >.<

(Currently reading Zodiac's guide to ASM hacking... and more)  

~Thanks

evan212

So .. any help .... at all ....

What program do i use to open the battle.bin to edit the defend hack bug?

and is anyone able to help with this ... ive been waiting on a response for at least a day now ...

~Thanks

evan212

any help :( ....

it's not like im asking for a miracle ... is it?