• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:24:44 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Setting Job Limits

Started by Snap006, March 18, 2012, 02:48:24 pm

Snap006

I want to make my characters only have access to two jobs. For example: I want Agrias just to have her base job and be a white mage and at the same time have Gaffgarion just to have access to his base job and black mage. Is this even possible because it treats the base classes as squires so setting job levels wouldn't work. Am I correct and if so is there anyway around this? Thanks.

Xifanie

Without tricky ASM hacking, no this wouldn't be possible.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Dome

Remove Spillover JP, Make the White mage/Black mage job requirements being level 2 in that job, make Agrias/Gaffy join with level 2 unlocked in those jobs

Also, change the requirements for Squire/Chemist (And make everyone join with chemist unlocked)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xifanie

Well I guess it would be possible to have 8-9 pairs by replacing half the generic job with the special ones.
Squire/Base job is always unlocked as you cannot set requirements without ASM hacking it... so this would be very troublesome. But with that out of the way you could change Chemist > Dark Knight, and set:
Dark Knight (Chemist): Requires level 2 Dark Knight
Black Mage: Requires level 2 Dark Knight
Holy Knight (Mediator): Requires level 2 Holy Knight
White Mage: Requires level 2 Holy Knight

Dome's idea would work well actually
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Snap006

Quote from: Dome on March 18, 2012, 05:17:32 pm
Remove Spillover JP, Make the White mage/Black mage job requirements being level 2 in that job, make Agrias/Gaffy join with level 2 unlocked in those jobs

Also, change the requirements for Squire/Chemist (And make everyone join with chemist unlocked)

Let me make sure I'm understanding right. I make the white/black mage job requirements lv 2. Then I make Agrias and Gaf join with lv 2 unlocked in white/black mage. Finally, make sure squire and chemist are lv 2?

Tea

Nooooo, as Xifanie shows in her example:

Dark Knight (=Chemist): Requires level 2 Dark Knight
Black Mage: Requires level 2 Dark Knight
Holy Knight (=Mediator): Requires level 2 Holy Knight
White Mage: Requires level 2 Holy Knight
Agrias joins with level 2 Holy Knight, Gaf joins with level 2 Dark Knight.

Squire is always unlocked, and thus you can't have a special job (say, Mechanic) replace the squire class, since you cannot set Squire level 2 as requirement to unlock the squire class. What I think Dome means is that if you still want generics with a job tree, use another class than squire as base. Usually chemist is used for this, but it doesn't really matter.

Snap006

If that is the case in the example you've just given Tea, then the Chemist class will forever be a Dark Knight and the Mediator Class will forever be a Holy Knight. Am I correct in this assessment?

Xifanie

Base Job (Special Jobs/Squire): No requirements
Chemist: Require lvl2 Chemist
Priest: Require lvl2 Priest
Wizard: Require lvl2 Wizard
Knight: Require lvl2 Knight
Archer: Require lvl2 Archer
[...]
And use a hack to remove the spillover JP

This way, any given unit specified in the ENTD will only have access to its base job, and whichever job lvl2 you set to unlock.

You could maybe use Chemist or Mime to require a lvl2 of all jobs, which could literally unlock all the jobs for the unit you want while keeping the above format.

MysticKnightFF5

You guys confused the poor lad, besides, I don't think that's what he wanted.