• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Don't F*CK with me.

Started by Wiz, November 12, 2010, 04:47:08 am

Wiz

Quote from: "Voldemort"Wizzy had another huge treequote post here. I didn't read it and I deleted it.

I have work to do, and I am not going to listen to any more walls of text from you.

This topic is about 13032 discussion, not your own personal vendetta against "the man".

1st warning.
1st Sentence: Why did you intentionally leave out the fact that the seperate responses to you and Zenius were in spoilers? If people wanted to read it, they have the option to do so w/o this page getting flooded by this ridiculous discussion in which you would've got your ass whipped on if people saw the post and the context within it.
2nd Sentence: Close-Mindedness at it's best.
3rd Sentence: Whoever implied that you're obligated to respond to them? Nobody's forcing you to to READ "any more walls of text". Reply back if you want, but don't delete them just because you can't get to 'em right away. Logic please. If you can't tolerate a dissenting opinion, then I pity you.
4th Sentence: YOU'RE the one who provoked the discussion in the first place by saying that playing 1.3032 after 1.3030 is pointless. Not only that, but by your own definition, any post that doesn't DIRECTLY talk about 1.3032 SHOULD be deleted which includes some of yours. IF NOT, it's clearly marked that discrimination's taking place and that double-standards are being applied by arbitrary means. But yeah, to DIRECTLY respond to 4th Sentence, WHEN THE FUCK WAS IT CONSIDERED OUT-OF-BOUNDS TO CALL OUT SOMEBODY ON FALSE CHARGES BROUGHT UPON THEM!? If you were to have READ it, you wouldn't be saying the low-quality shit you did from this quote up above.

If I'm being warned because of some flawed logic and that I'm standing up for myself and calling you out on bullshit such as ad hominems like these
QuoteWhoa, you have 1.3 videos on youtube!? NO WAY. You must be guy #382 to put up videos of 1.3 Izlude! You must be pro.
, I truly feel sorry for you for exhibiting the attributes of a biased dickweed.

I would reply to your ?'s Zenius, but I already did and unfortunately that got deleted after spending 4 HOURS on that one post just because I disagreed with him (only logical and pathetic reason which is rather a cop-out) so I'm not doing nor explaining again what was in the original post. But yeah, thanks for wasting my time typing this up.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Archael

November 12, 2010, 09:07:41 am #2 Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:30:31 am by Archael
QuoteIf people wanted to read it, they have the option to do so w/o this page getting flooded by this ridiculous discussion in which you would've got your ass whipped on if people saw the post and the context within it.

lol what? 3 people besides me (Philsov, FFM, and Zenius) have come out and told you the same thing, that what you proposed is a waste of time and that you should not even bother.

Quote from: "FFMaster"Arch is right. If you want hard DD battles, play 13026. If you want a hard storyline, play 13030/13032(not much changed from 030 to affect the story, just monster changes and Riovanes Gate).

I don't know when you started playing, but if you feel like all those minor changes in 031/032 actually matter and want to make a playthrough for it, just don't. It would be a big waste of time. If you really want to though, play 025, 026, and 032. This assumes you are also beating Elidibs and the easy DD battles at the very least.
Quote from: "philsov"tbh I don't see much of a difference between the two to warrant full playthroughs of both >_>.  

ps - arch, please release 13033, 13034, and 13035 in about a month just to mess with Wizzy <3
Quote from: "Zenius"There is no point in playing old versions of 1.3 just to compare difficulty.

That's just like playing multiple versions of DotA in order to compare balance. Waste of time.

That sure looks like "getting my ass whipped on" to me, Wizzy. All those people agreeing with what I said. My ass MUST be sore!

Quote4th Sentence: YOU'RE the one who provoked the discussion in the first place by saying that playing 1.3032 after 1.3030 is pointless.
We can continue it here, I just didn't want the 13032 topic turning into your personal whinery. IT IS pointless, but you are free to do it anyway. And I suggest that instead of spending so much time PM'img me (then deleting those PM's before they are delivered and re-purposing them for Spam) and whining on here, why don't you get started on what you said you were going to do?
Which is record 1.3 playthroughs of 13026, 13027, 13028, 13029, 13030, and 13032. It sounds to me like you have a shit ton of work to do. Of course, you'll never have access to ALL the 1.3 versions, because I'm not giving them to you, but you might as well get started on the ones available to you.
As someone in the 1.3 topic very intelligently said:
Quote from: "Zenius"Anyway, wanna finish your current playthrough before talking about your next ones? A bit too early to talk about that IMO.

You complain about ad hominems:
Quotecalling you out on bullshit such as ad hominems like these: "Whoa, you have 1.3 videos on youtube!? NO WAY. You must be guy #382 to put up videos of 1.3 Izlude! You must be pro.
And then right after you say:
QuoteI truly feel sorry for you for exhibiting the attributes of a biased dickweed.
You're either trolling, or you really are that hypocritical.

Also I love the title of this thread. "Don't F*CK with me." lol. We're really scared now, Wizzy.

Melancthon

Honestly Wizzy, why get so worked up over other people's opinions?  Do it or don't do it.  Ultimately you are doing it for yourself, who cares what other people think?
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Dome

This is going to be linked in the "Pearls of spam" topic
Edit: Added

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kagebunji

*looks at topic title*

I fuck with you.

philsov

Quote4 HOURS

You could be in chapter 4 by now :(
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Wiz

I'm going to zoom in on this part again just to make sure you pay attention this time and please answer the other questions you ignored on purpose, in which you could make no case on.

WHEN THE FUCK WAS IT CONSIDERED OUT-OF-BOUNDS TO CALL OUT SOMEBODY ON FALSE CHARGES BROUGHT UPON THEM!?

Ad Homs, "You think Izlude's difficult n00b... I've met plenty of guys like you","Having the patience, the time... the energy!! oh my St. Ajora im going to cumm!!!!!", etc...

I deleted the PM because I was appeasing to you mostly, and realized that I'm not going to LET you trample all over me. I also did it in fear of you banning me from the 1.3 forum since you kindly requested for no further messages from me.

In response to your Ad Hom comment where you said I was being a hypocrite and/or a troll, you're DEAD WRONG because THE HUGE difference is that provocative description "biased dickweed", ACCURATELY describes your actions whereas yours was of malicious intent with nothing more and nothing less in mind. Biased for deleting my off-topic comment but not yours or others EVEN THOUGH they fall under the description as to why mine was. Dickweed for not admitting  your  own screw-ups.

Quoteif people saw the post and the context within it.
You forgot to mention that part before you went on your tangent. Pretty important f*ckin detail to note. Now that people can't see it all the way, you're making the case that the discussion was just about my "Personal Vendetta" against you, BUT the reality is there were false charges to it and I called you out on them. O, I said you WOULD'VE got your ass whipped "if people saw the post and the context within it". Just to jog your memory again, here's some of them:

Ad Homs, "You think Izlude's difficult n00b... I've met plenty of guys like you","Having the patience, the time... the energy!! oh my St. Ajora im going to cumm!!!!!", I BEAT 30 VERSIONS EVEN THOUGH THIS CLAIM'S UNREALISTIC FOR THE REASONS WIZ PROVIDED WHICH I DID READ BUT CLAIM I DIDN'T BECAUSE I'M A BIGOT AND CHOOSE TO IGNORE RATIONALITY OVER ANYTHING ELSE.

QuoteWe can continue it here, I just didn't want the 13032 topic turning into your personal whinery.
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WTF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE YOU APPARENTLY DIDN'T READ IT. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF IT'S A PERSONAL WHINERY FOR THAT SAME REASON (DIDN'T READ IT)!?
Quotewhy don't you get started on what you said you were going to do?
Because I'm holding you accountable for your blatantly false allegations and making sure people get the entire story (personal attacks and accusations which weren't true) as opposed to your twisted version where I look like a raging idiot only complaining about doing a 1.3032 playthrough.
QuoteIt sounds to me like you have a shit ton of work to do. Of course, you'll never have access to ALL the 1.3 versions, because I'm not giving them to you, but you might as well get started on the ones available to you.
As someone in the 1.3 topic very intelligently said:
"Anyway, wanna finish your current playthrough before talking about your next ones? A bit too early to talk about that IMO."

1. It's not work, but a hobby I'll get to when I can
2. I don't want beta-1.3025 for the reasons CT5Holy provided.
3. Again, I brought up the idea of testing other versions and you provoked the discussion.

QuoteAlso I love the title of this thread. "Don't F*CK with me." lol. We're really scared now, Wizzy.

Next time you delete a well-thought out post w/o ANY LOGICAL REASON (yes yours is a cop-out of the conv), I'll have copies/drafts that I'll just post here and people can see how big of a brick-walled JERK you really are ("brick wall" being a comment people say behind your back on chat if you want to know). Remember, the supposed name-calling/mudslinging on my part is accurate, yours isn't.

You-Establishment Republican
Me-Alan Grayson
QuoteHonestly Wizzy, why get so worked up over other people's opinions? Do it or don't do it. Ultimately you are doing it for yourself, who cares what other people think?

1st question: I'm not worked up about playing 1.3032 after 1.3030, I'm worked up over Arch's pompous attitude and apathy for his own actions. Whenever he's committed wrong-doing on something, he'll deny it. It's very noticeable now that each of us has really big egos while butting our heads and importantly HATE LOSING in general (this setting being the discussion).

2nd question: It's an issue of "he said she said". I'd prefer to have evidence on my side when I say I did something rather than the sentiment where people just ASSUME I did something. Having credibility feels really good to most and if you don't think it matters that much that's your problem.
I'll be making the vid of Yardow and possibly the next fight maybe tonight, but definitely will upload tomorrow. If cpu shuts down again, I'm going to rip off somebodies E-balls and feed them to some children in Uganda.

Archael

No one's trying to trample all over you, we're just trying to tell you that 5 playthroughs of 5 old 1.3 versions is a waste of your time.

Like I said in my previous post, you are free to go play them. But it won't change the fact that 13026 will still have the hardest Deep Dungeon, and 13032 will still have the hardest storyline. Do not confuse this for the claim that 1.3 is meant to get harder the more updates it receives, which is simply not true, and is a claim no one ever made. If the goal of 1.3 was to become harder as updates got added, then nothing would ever receive nerfs, and that's simply not the case.

I designed all those storyline fights, and I can tell you that 13026 having the hardest DD is a fact. I still don't understand why you have such a hard time believing me.

I made them too hard and I ended up nerfing alot of them in 13027 because of it. This isn't some claim I'm making because I'm trying to lie to you, this is the actual guy who made the battles telling you how they play out. Even if you don't believe that I play through every version before releasing a .PPF for it, is it really that hard to believe that I know how the battles I design play out? Seriously, if you have such low opinion of my work on 1.3, why are you playing it?

Similarly, 13032 has the hardest storyline overall, because although Gate of Riovanes was nerfed, the buffs to monsters affect every kind of play-through and buff Zigolis AND Finath River enemies, 2 problem spots for many players, now those battles are just hard. Overall, this creates a harder storyline progression compared to previous versions.

It's like saying that you must absolutely play through 10 versions of DOTA to determine what the guy who worked on them already knows - that Frozen Apparition was imbalanced during one version, and got nerfed the other. You don't need to play through earlier versions to figure certain things out about the gameplay, and it'd be stupid to think it isn't a waste of time. Changelogs speak for themselves.

You speak of rationality, and the only kind of rationality I'm seeing here is a guy talking about what 1.3 is and isn't when he hasn't even played 1 whole playthrough and has the hack creator and 2 of the people who have been playing / testing it since before you even knew what 1.3 was (Philsov and FFM) re-affirming what I'm saying - that it's a waste of your time. Again, please don't confuse this with people telling you what you can and cannot do. You are free to go waste your time on as many versions of the hack I made as you can get your hands on. Go nuts.

You'll still be wasting your time and won't be gaining any "credibility" for it, and it won't make you any less of a "n00b" around here, though.

You are welcome to finish a 1.3 play-through (or five) and then come to your own opinions about the mod, otherwise everything you say is just hot air to be quite honest.

Samuraiblackbelt

guys, just remember, this is the guy who freaked out when he was told he was banned from spam
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Kaijyuu

Hi guys, I just went to see a movie, got some coffee...
  • Modding version: PSX

Wiz

QuoteYou are welcome to finish a 1.3 play-through (or five) and then come to your own opinions about the mod, otherwise everything you say is just hot air and seriousrageposting tbqh.
I talked about how seemingly difficult the fights are the first time you play them. And I can attest to this playing from the beginning of 1.3030 to the first fight of UBS twice. The vids of me playing those 35 vids worth of fights (2nd run) were A HELL of a lot easier because I knew what I was going up against. Last time I checked, I'm entitled to my own opinion on a video game, and I don't see what's wrong sharing it when halfway done. You and a lot of other people have given me the impression that Ch.4's much more challenging so I'm inclined to believe the failure rate's going to skyrocket for me. I don't see what's wrong with me using deductive reasoning to establish my thoughts comprised of words used by you and others.

In regards to the hardest 1.3026 DD, hardest storyline, etc... I already clarified in the 1.30302 thread what my question was, which doesn't pertain to what you think I'm getting mixed up.

QuoteYou speak of rationality, and the only kind of rationality I'm seeing here is a guy talking about what 1.3 is and isn't when he hasn't even played 1 whole playthrough and has the hack creator and 2 of the people who have been playing / testing it since before you even knew what 1.3 was (Philsov and FFM) re-affirming what I'm saying - that it's a waste of your time. Again, please don't confuse this with people telling you what you can and cannot do. You are free to go waste your time on as many versions of the hack I made as you can get your hands on. Go nuts.

You keep on making the issue seem like I've ONLY got problems with playing 1.3 and that's 100% FALSE. Again: You made allegations against me, I cleared them up, you deleted them because you didn't like what you saw. I would clarify that Kaizo comment I made, but I already did and am not going to do it again because it got deleted. Even if it is true that you completed every version, then by you're own words you wasted your time playing them all and anybody else who's followed the same path.

Quoteguys, just remember, this is the guy who freaked out when he was told he was banned from spam

Remember that's the post from Mari that displays sheer fucking stupidity and bigotry. "I don't like real discussions in spamz." was another quote she made. Boo-Hoo, cry me a river and get over the fact that you wrote that for the sole purpose of trolling.

FFMaster

Everyone needs to calm their farms.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Samuraiblackbelt

QuoteRemember that's the post from Mari that displays sheer fucking stupidity and bigotry. "I don't like real discussions in spamz." Boo-Hoo, cry me a river and get over the fact that you wrote that for the sole purpose of trolling.
wut?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Archael

QuoteEven if it is true that you completed every version, then by you're own words you wasted your time playing them all and anybody else who's followed the same path.

I wasted my own time playing every 1.3 version because that was my job as the patch editor and I needed to make sure the changes made impacted the game in a positive way.

I did that so that people (such as yourself) can come play the most recent 1.3 version and not have to play through old versions to see how things were before, they can just read the patch notes and play the most refined, recent version (13032).

On the other hand, you're just getting to know 1.3 now from the point of view of the player. Huge difference.

And because I worked on all those versions to make the game possible for you, the player, I expect people to believe that I know what I'm talking about with regards to how each and every version works / worked. (Since I made them. Not that that's always the case, see: Blizzard games.)

That said, you still don't have to take my word for it. You can keep playing 1.3 while believing that the gameplay is a random result of luck and the guy who made it never played any version, never tested anything, and doesn't know what he's talking about.

PS: You should also take Philsov's opinion rather seriously, as many of the balance changes in 1.3 are his own as well (He created 1.2), and he's tested many iterations of 1.3.

Eternal

I'm not sure if you'll listen, since I'm pretty sure you have your mind made up already, but these are my thoughts on this.

For one, each version of 1.3 isn't an individual game. There's no real reason to play each one unless you want a harder DD or harder story battles. Elsewise, it's really a waste of time.

Secondly, the reason Arch plays each version is a for quality control. If you don't test through your patch, there's no way to make sure that it works how you'd like it. Take it from me. The very first patch I ever made for a game was FFVI. I was so excited to get it out, that I didn't fully playtest it and as a result, the testers found a ton of bugs. Thus, to prevent things like that, you need to go through the patch and play it yourself. That's what Arch did.

If you want to play each version, by all means, go for it, and have fun. I'm not going to begrudge you on whatever you choose, since it really accomplishes nothing. The best thing to do at this point, I think, is to just drop this matter altogether. As you can see, nothing is really coming of it, so it's really a waste of time to continue arguing about something as pointless as this.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

Wiz

QuoteThat said, you still don't have to take my word for it. You can keep playing 1.3 while believing that the gameplay is a random result of luck and the guy who made it never played any version, never tested anything, and doesn't know what he's talking about.
Wrong, I already know you beat 1 version of 1.3 and have acknowledged it (I think it was 1.3027). And no, the gameplay isn't a result of random luck, it requires your brain to be used on every fight. I don't doubt you've played many versions and know a hell of a lot more about 1.3 and vanilla FFT or any hack of FFT for that matter. Even so, I refuse to believe you did everything possible in 30+ versions of the same game and that you were 100% efficient at doing it.

Fine, I'm convinced now that some of the versions don't need full playthroughs (1.3030 then 1.3032), but I'd still make vids of the significant differences between the two battles like Zigolis, Riovanes, and whatever else comes up. I'd just play those fights on different versions by making extra saves prior to those battles.

QuoteYou're banned from spam.
Nice try.

Quote from: "FFMaster"025, 026 and 032 are significantly different, and if you want to, you can play all 3

Request: Could someone PM me the 1.3025 ppf?

If bored, I'll play the others (027,028,029) and probs record them for the lulz.

Archael

November 12, 2010, 04:37:22 pm #18 Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:51:46 pm by Archael
QuoteAnd no, the gameplay isn't a result of random luck, it requires your brain to be used on every fight.
You misunderstand. Read what I said again:
QuoteYou can keep playing 1.3 while believing that the gameplay is a random result of luck and the guy who made it never played any version, never tested anything, and doesn't know what he's talking about.
What that means is that the gameplay is the way it is because I designed it to be that way, it wasn't an accident. That implies that I know what is in every version, because I made them to be that way.

QuoteEven so, I refuse to believe you did everything possible in 30+ versions of the same game and that you were 100% efficient at doing it.
Ok. You have every right to believe what you wish to believe. That wasn't even the point we were trying to make originally, that was just something you threw out to try to discredit my knowledge of my own hack and all it's versions. The original claim was that you'd be wasting your time trying to play through every 1.3 version.

Also, I don't remember saying I was 100% efficient. What the fuck does that even mean? I used different units for every playthrough, I used whatever I felt like testing with at the moment. For some events (bosses specifically) I used multiple teams to make sure the battle is approachable with more than one strategy. There is no such thing as 100% efficient in FFT, it's all up to the player. If by 100% efficient you mean finishing the entire game (every battle), every optional battle, and the DD, then yes, I did that, for every version, since beta when the fights started getting edited.

Just remember, everything you can do in 1.3 in any version of it, I've done before you. I've tested it to make sure it's working how I wanted it to, that is why it works the way it works. I made each and every fight and each and every change, personally, then loaded up the game and played through it, making sure each change plays the way I wish. That was my job as the patch editor.

Sorry if you have problems dealing with that.