• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Yasumi Matsuno returns to claim his throne!

Started by LastingDawn, July 22, 2010, 10:21:12 am

LastingDawn

As I gleamed from Zephyr's ambiguous post in Spam, he had said that Yasumi Matsuno had returned to Square Enix for a remake of Tactics Ogre. I couldn't believe the news, so I had to google it to be sure. Lo and behold our man is back in his chariot, running the show!

http://www.gamingplanet.info/tactics-og ... inal-staff

I have personally never played Tactics Ogre, so this is fantastic news for me who knows relatively nothing of the story! Another Matsuno produced game... I never would have imagined. And with Square Enix nonetheless. This is a restart of relations I feel. I think we can expect that this is just the tip of the iceberg for the return of the incredible man!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

winshmo2

[attachment=1:3va7l4kb]OFace-1.jpg[/attachment:3va7l4kb]

Oh-oh-oh-oh oh oh-oh-oh-oh my St. Ajora!!!!!

And that new art of theirs is just fantactics!!!
[attachment=0:3va7l4kb]Untitled.png[/attachment:3va7l4kb]

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "winshmo2"[attachment=0:be00uoi9]Untitled.png[/attachment:be00uoi9]

I came.  That is so fucking beautiful.  Vagrant Story-ish + Tactics Ogre-ish = Manseed all over the ceiling.

Zypher

I'm glad i made your day, i also read that he wants to update the story and expand upon what he sees as his amateurish writing of 15 years ago.

Also it seems i sorta misspoke as its not so much a remake but a re imagining of what Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together would be on the modern day PSP  and its trademarked title is Tactics Ogre: The Wheel of Fortune
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Zypher"I'm glad i made your day, i also read that he wants to update the story and expand upon what he sees as his amateurish writing of 15 years ago.

Also it seems i sorta misspoke as its not so much a remake but a re imagining of what Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together would be on the modern day PSP  and its trademarked title is Tactics Ogre: The Wheel of Fortune

That's only in Japan it's being trademarked as such, apparently a recent press release said that it will keep the subtitle "Let Us Cling Together". For NA.

Art of War

beawulfx

Ah man I wish I wish I wish it was a new Tactics Ogre game, such a great series. But this is still very exciting and I will DEFINITELY be getting this! At least it's more of a 'remake' than a straight port. That's always nice.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

winshmo2

original vs remake screens
[attachment=0:1h0kdkja]tactics-ogre-psp-vs-snes-20100722100800125.jpg[/attachment:1h0kdkja]

Denim's portrait = win
Kachua and Vice's portrait I object

Lijj

Quote from: "Pickle Girl Fanboy"
Quote from: "winshmo2"[attachment=0:15ine02r]Untitled.png[/attachment:15ine02r]

I came.  That is so fucking beautiful.  Vagrant Story-ish + Tactics Ogre-ish = Manseed all over the ceiling.
lol
It is very beautiful indeed
  • Modding version: PSX

winshmo2

[attachment=0:3r9cd3st]tactics-ogre-key-artwhite-1280.jpg[/attachment:3r9cd3st]

Shelley with no panties omsa!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

It's nice to see square keeping the scantily-clad-female-characters-in-video-games trope alive.

LastingDawn

As I said on chat, I would complain that video games sexualize women far too much... but...

This is Yoshida, he sexualizes both men (Ashley Riot, Sydney Losstarot, John Hardin, Balthier, Basch to name a few...) and women (Callo Merlose, Ashe, Fran, Lady Samantha I'm sure there are more...) equally, so complaining in that regard would be hypocritical.

Art of War

winshmo2

New stuff announced for TO remake! New classes, new playable characters(one sprite [s:g6qvfrit]even looks like Agrias[/s:g6qvfrit] is probably designed off Agrias).
I really couldn't help myself from getting a hard on from these new screens  :o

[attachment=1:g6qvfrit]image565.png[/attachment:g6qvfrit]
[attachment=0:g6qvfrit]image566.png[/attachment:g6qvfrit]

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/12/in ... r-classes/

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/29/ta ... character/

Lijj

Damn they're so good but what the hell's uppwith that outline? They all have overdone outlines!!!
  • Modding version: PSX

Phlashblazer

Very cool always been a fan of Tactics ogre... This is coming out for psp right?
Even so, my hands will bring relief to people who have learned to live without hope, a human being who feeds on his brother is not a man anymore... he is a mad dog, and should be dealt the same fate.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "LastingDawn"This is Yoshida, he sexualizes both men (Ashley Riot, Sydney Losstarot, John Hardin, Balthier, Basch to name a few...) and women (Callo Merlose, Ashe, Fran, Lady Samantha I'm sure there are more...) equally, so complaining in that regard would be hypocritical.

I really did love that about Vagrant Story.  Now, both women and men can run around in ass-less chaps and leather thongs!

Smash

Beautiful artwork, one epic inspiration reference.

Can't wait to try this out

Kagebunji

Man, I am so psyched up for this. Always wanted o try out TO, now I have great opportunity!

Note:
She will be on my frontlines
download/file.php?id=6583

PS: IMO sexualizing womens to some degree is very good, Yoshida knows how to not cross that degree, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Latest news, it will be released in Japan on 11th November!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

I am really excited for this. I played the SNES original completely in Japanese before I knew there was an English PSX version.
Current Projects: