• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

SOR-Item Suggestions

Started by SentinalBlade, April 07, 2009, 04:42:46 pm

SilvasRuin

April 29, 2009, 10:35:39 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Terra, Gaia, Petra, Lithphage Cleaver (stone-eating cleaver)...

Poco Loco

April 29, 2009, 11:03:47 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
I meant to put fire as my correction but it didn't go through and I had to step out srry

but yea fire lol

as for an Earth Axe I guess Titan Axe would be a better name
"I'm Dr. Rockzo The Rock & Roll Clown... I Do Cocaine" LMAO

Skip Sandwich

August 10, 2009, 04:35:23 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Flails!
damage formula: random PA-based damage (the default)

This toy is a favorite among travelers, because it's sturdy design allows it to be used as weapon in a pinch, with surprising effectiveness
Kendama (Flail)- WP 9, may reset target's ct to 00

This clerical tool is used during rituals to spread sacred smoke
Censer (Flail)- WP 12, holy element, may reset target ct

This flail makes a distinctive shrieking noise when spun, in order to intimidate the enemy
Screamer (Flail)- WP 16, wind element, may reset target ct to 00

This flail is given to an alchemist upon their graduation, it's design evokes the image of a streaking comet
Starry Night (Flail)- WP 24, Ice element, may reset target ct to 00

This grim lantern is carried by the monster Tonberry, it's flame grows brighter as the wielder nears death...
Everyone's Grudge (Flail)- Deals damage equal to the difference between the wielder's max - current hp, Dark element, Always: Poison
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

FFMaster

August 12, 2009, 07:00:13 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich" This grim lantern is carried by the monster Tonberry, it's flame grows brighter as the wielder nears death...
Everyone's Grudge (Flail)- Deals damage equal to the difference between the wielder's max - current hp, Dark element, Always: Poison

If that is possible, please add that in. Brilliant idea.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

SentinalBlade

August 13, 2009, 11:05:38 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I like the concept on flails. CT 00 would definatly be a nice change of pace and reason to use them. the 100% hit seems kinda like it could go on other weapons.

The last one is definatly going in. im pretty sure its possible, but thats to good an idea, ill force it in >:)

Skip Sandwich

August 14, 2009, 12:02:50 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Poles- Formula PA * WP, Forced 2-hands, range 2, Wev 30%, linear attack

Just a sturdy stick, like any you'd find on the ground
Cypress Stick (Pole)- WP 6, Jump +2

A carved staff suited for self-defense
Battle Bamboo (Pole)- WP 7, Jump +2, earth element

The wood for this staff was taken from a tree felled by lighting, even now, the faint smell of thunder lingers on
Jujube Staff (Pole)- WP 8, Jump +2, thunder element

An iron ladle with an elongated handle, favored by those with a passion for cooking
Big Dipper (Pole)- WP 9, Jump +2, fire element

This metal staff breaks into 3 sections, increasing it's reach
Monkey Staff (Pole)- WP 10, Jump +2, range 3

This grim-looking staff is made from human bones, and is specially blessed to put the undead back to rest
Ivory Rest (Pole)-  WP 11, Jump +2, holy element, cancels: undead, blood suck

This staff can break into 8 separate sections, vastly increasing it's reach
Octagon Rod (Pole)- WP 10, Jump +4, range 6

Legendary staff capable of growing to any size
Goku Staff (Pole)-WP 12, Jump +6, range 9, earth element
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

crystal

August 14, 2009, 05:34:00 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by crystal
How about making rapiers with 100% hiw, but WP lower than swords? Formula speed*WP

Short Rapier - 2 WP, speed +1

Battle Rapier - 4 WP, speed +1

Fire Rapier - 5 WP, speed +1, fire element

Voice Of the Wind - 7 Wp, speed +2, wind element

Work Of the Master - 10 WP, speed +4, Move +1, Jump +1.

FFMaster

August 14, 2009, 06:28:52 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Quote from: "crystal"Voice Of the Wind - 7 Wp, speed +2, wind element

Work Of the Master - 10 WP, speed +4, Move +1, Jump +1.

Nice ideas, but if the balance of this game is anywhere near vanilla FFT's, those would instantly become the most powerful weapons in the game. 2 of those on 1 unit would effectively double the units speed... think Excalibur, that gives more move, jump, speed and 100% hit.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Skip Sandwich

August 17, 2009, 09:04:41 am #28 Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 03:49:43 pm by Skip Sandwich
Spears!
PA * WP, range 2v4, linear attack, Wev 20%

disposable lightweight throwing spear, not really suited for prolonged battle
Javelin- WP 8, wind element, cancel: Float

Metal harpoon used by fishermen, capable of pinning the target in place
Harpoon- WP 9, water element, inflict: Don't Move

Ceremonial staff used in occult rituals by certain witch cabals
Magic Broom- WP 10, fire element, MA +2, Initial: Float
*note* might be better as a pole type weapon, but I didn't think of it when I was designing pole types, so i'm putting it here

The many hooks on the end of this weapon are designed to catch the target's clothing and armor, preventing their escape and allowing for easier capture
Mancatcher- WP 11, may steal opponent's armor

This lance is blessed with a chocobo feather charm around the hilt, making it unstoppable on the charge
Chocobo Lance- WP 12, thunder element, Move +1, Jump +2

This cursed spear leaves especially grievous wounds, but in exchange the wielder must share the pain of his victims
Backbiter- WP 13, dark element, casts "Impale" (deals PA * 13 damage to the target and the caster equally, unevadable), Immune: all positive status

This mighty trident is said to posses the power to control storms and bring earthquakes
Neptune- WP 16, water element, strengthen: thunder & earth, Cast: Leviathan, Wev 40%
"Dave?  Are you there?"

Skip Sandwich

August 17, 2009, 09:31:25 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Books!
MA * WP, range 4, Wev 5%, forced 2-hands

Book of potion recipes used by apprentice alchemists
Potion Book- WP 6, MA +1, casts: Bio

Exceptionally heavy and thick book, full of boring formulas and confusing charts
Thick Book- WP 8, PA +4, range 1, damage is PA * WP, may inflict confusion or sleep

This book is filled with research about the elements of energy
Elemental 101- WP 15, MA +2, fire element, randomly cast Fire, Ice or Bolt

This book is filled with research about the physical elements
Elemental 201- WP 15, MA +2, ice element, randomly cast Aero, Quake or Water

This book once belonged to the sorcerer Eldibis, it contains powerful magic of the highest order
Eldibis Journal- WP 15, MA +2, thunder element, randomly cast Holy, Dark Holy, or Flare
*notes* the three random spell weapons shown above just alter the base black magic spells so that when the weapons are set to the appropriate element, they cast random spells of differing elements at the same power level, rather then random spells of the same element at different power levels. Because of this, the 'random' element of the base weapon really doesn't matter any, since the attack itself should take the element of the spell it casts.
"Dave?  Are you there?"

PX_Timefordeath

August 23, 2009, 05:18:13 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Claws
These weapons may not increase how hard you punch, but the variety of effects they can deal should be worth the trade off.
Bare Fist formula, 1 range, 10% evasion, 2 swords

Known to provoke, they make also confuse.
Cat Claws: WP=0, 25% Confusion/Berserk

While the elements are sealed within, they may be able to escape under great pressure.
Elemental Claws: WP=0, chance to cast (insert generic spells)

Created by the destruction of a city, the anger welded in this weapon pours into the user.
Claws of Myst: Use formula PA*WP, WP=10, Always: Berserk

Molded into the shape of a famous monk's fist, it wields the power of the monster he called.
Golem Claws: WP=0, generates extra rage

SentinalBlade

September 14, 2009, 12:53:51 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Voids: A weapon that drains the target, making it void of existence, and erasing body form the face of the earth.
The description makes it sound like it would crystal/treasure, doesnt it? lol

Hellgate: Fire Element, Range of 3
Absorb HP: MA * (Current HP / 20)
                 14 * (434 /20) = 308.8
                   4 * (55/20) = 11

Obviously, this weapon wont be available till later game. Though I'm thinking about replacing 20, with 10. If the damage would equal over 150 HP, then it divides it by half. So....
19 * (582 / 10) = 1105.8
1105.8 / 2 = 552.9

Maybe if its over 500, add another check? cause 19 MA and 582 seems appropriate for level 78. that would easily get a little higher(multiplication though makes everything count)

Which at 582 on a caster(woot 19 MA), you probably sacrificed some shit for HP over MP. im having trouble working out the numbers for this weapon type, so please comment.

Note: i realize, since this seems more caster related, that it should be based on MP, but the idea behind voids is that its physically exaughsting, but magical. HP for enduring the attack, and MA to amplify its strength, if you would