• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:51:22 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FF Tactics, Swordskills edition.

Started by Zuka, December 14, 2008, 12:50:50 pm

What should the Geomancer change it's name to?

Elemental Knight
4 (25%)
Knight of gaia
2 (12.5%)
Elemental Blade
6 (37.5%)
Geo Swordsman
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: December 28, 2008, 03:21:47 pm

Zuka

December 14, 2008, 12:50:50 pm Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 06:15:23 pm by Zuka
This is Tactics, The Swordskills Edition, The Idea is to make swordskills more accessible and prevalent throughout the game, With this comes the complication of balancing out mosters to character strengths and balancing out classes to better deal with the massive ammount of swordskils. Any suggestions for new swordskills or mods on old abilties to better function in a world of ranged power are GREATLY appreciated.

I'll be needing 2 Beta testers, and if anyone is fluent with modding  story sequences, I could really use another programmer on the project. Feel free to e-mail me though I don't check my mail sometimes for days on end, lol.

Edit: Current Mods[/u]
All Characters can equip hair adornments and perfumes (that always bugged me)
All Monsters have increased stats
All Rare items are no longer rare, and are re-leveled

Lancer Changed it's name to Dragoon
Skillset Changed to Dragon
Added
Triple Bracelet - JP Cost 400
Triple Thunder - JP Cost 600
Triple Flame - JP Cost 600
Dark Whisper - JP Cost 900
Equip Spear
Dragon Spirit
Ignore Height
Move+3
Jump+3
Two Hands
Removed
Counter Tackle
Monster Skill
Equip Axe
Defend
Gained JP up
and Move+1

Dragoner
Skillset Has Been changed to Breath, to which All dragoner abilties have been added.

Monk[/u]
Can Wear Hats and Robes now. +1 Movement up to 4 from 3
Wave Fist: JP cost down from 300 to 150
to make up for swordskills being so cheap.
Y value Increased from 2 - 4, Lost Vertical Tolerance
Earth Slash: JP cost down from 600 to 300 JP
Repeating Fist: Gained Random Hits + Random Fire, lost vertical tolerance, Formula changed to 1E

Dmg_((MA+Y)*MA/2)#Hit(Rdm{1..X}) Y=5 X=5
Secret Fist to be renamed (Suggestions?) Range increased to 3,
Formula changed to 33 Hit_(PA+X%) X=85
Status Formula changed to All or nothing (Darkness, Silence, Poison, Or Death sentence)
Stigma Magic: Range increased to 3, AOE decreased to a single target Formula Unchanged, However, X
value was reduced from 120 to 75
Chakra: Gains Range 3, AOE reduced to a single target
Revive: Gains Range 3 Formula Unchanged, X value unchanged at 70, and Y value decreased from 20

to 10, Vertical Tolerance Removed

Wizard[/u]
Increased MP growth and Multiplier
Innate Short Charge
Added to Skillset:
Short Charge

Time Mage[/u]
Innate Short Charge
Added To Skillset:
Melt
Tornado
Quake
(support)Non-Charge, Lost Short-Charge
(movement)Teleport 2

Knight:[/u]
Equipment Break Skills now have Range 3 and require Sword.
Using the Mighty Sword Effects
Ability Break Skills (magic, power, etc) Now have a range 3, AOE 1 and mp cost 5, using the Magic Ruin,
Power Ruin, etc effects. Accuracy for Stat Breaks greatly increased. Equipment Breaks Changed to
Mighty Sword Formulas.
MP multiplier increased from 80 to 100

Geomancer: Gets a name change (Poll runs for 2 weeks)[/u][/i]
Skillset Replaced With Elemental Swordskills (Heaven and Hell Knight Skills, redone)
Can equip Knight Swords, and loses axes, also gains armor and helmets.
They Have Innate Any Ground
MP multiplier boosted from 95 to 110
Requires Knight lvl4 and Squire lvl4 Wizard lvl2

Other Changes to Skillset
Added:
Silent Walk
Move MP-UP
MP Switch
Equip Sword

Lost:
Equip Axe
Counter Flood (No longer has Geomancy)

Heaven and Hell Knight Skill Changes - Now Geomancer Skillset
All Formula's Changed to 2D,
All Require Sword,
None Are Random Firing,
None Animate on Miss
All Have CT 0
None can Hit Caster
     -Tier 1 All Have AOE Single target
Heaven Thunder - Y=1 Lightning Elemental
Asura - Y=2 Fire Elemental
Diamond Sword - Y=3 Wind Elemental
Hydragon Pit - Y=4 Water Elemental
Space Storage - Y=0 Ice Elemental Inflicts Random (Dark, Confusion, Silence, Frog, Poison, Slow, and Sleep)
Sky Demon - Y=5 Earth Elemental
     -Tier 2 All Have Aoe 1
Heaven Bolt Back - Y=1 Lightning Elemental
Asura Back - Y=2 Fire Elemental
Diamond Sword Back - Y=3 Wind Elemental
Hydragon Pit Back - Y=4 Water Elemental
Space Storage Back - Y=0 Ice Elemental Inflicts Random (Dark, Confusion, Silence, Frog, Poison, Slow, and Sleep)
Sky Demon Back - Y=5 Earth Elemental

Changes To Holy Sword Skills:[/u]
Stasis Sword:[/u]
Range Increased from 2 to 3
Formula 2D with Y equal to 3
Split Punch[/u]
Range Increased from 3 to 4
Formula 2D with Y equal to 4
Crush Punch:[/u]
Range Increased from 3 to 4 Vertical Decreased from 1-0
Formula 2D with Y equal to 3
Vertical Tolerance Removed
Lightning Stab:[/u]
Range Increased from 3 to 4 Vertical Increased from 1-2
Formula 2D with Y equal to 6
Holy Explosion[/u]
AOE 255 (enemies only) Vert: 255
Range target's self only
Formula Formula 32 Dmg_(Rdm(1..X)*(PA*3+Y)) NS  (X=25/Y=0)

Changes To Limit Skills:[/u]
ALL Limit Skills are now CT 0
Braver:[/u]
Jp cost down to 100 from 150
Formula 2D with Y equal to 2
Cross Slash:[/u]
AOE 1 Vert 0
Formula 2D with Y equal to 4
Blade Beam:[/u]
Formula 30 AbsHP_(PA*WP) NS
Climhazzard[/u]
Formula unchanged
Meteorain:[/u]
AOE 2(unchanged)
Formula Formula 1E Dmg_((MA+Y)*MA/2)#Hit(Rdm{1..X}) Y=20 X=5
Effect Changed to Choco Meteor
Finish Touch[/u]
AOE reduced to single target
Range Increased from 4 to 6
Formula unchanged
Statuses unchanged
Omnislash:[/u]
AOE 2 (unchanged)
Range Increased from 3 to 5
Formula 32 Dmg_(Rdm(1..X)*(PA*3+Y)) NS (X=150/Y=5)
Cherry Blossom:[/u]
AOE 2 (Unchanged)
Range Increased from 3 to 6
Formula 42 Dmg_(PA*Y) DmgCas_(PA*Y/X) NS  (Y=60 X=45)

Ramza Squire Changes:
Skillset:
Accumulate
Braver
Cross Slash
Blade Beam
Climhazard - Chapter 2
Meteorain - Chapter 2
Finishing Touch - Chapter 4
Omnislash - Chapter 4
Cherry Blossom
Heal Gains Range 3
Wish Gains Range 3, and JP cost 100
Scream Gains Range 3 Brave increase reduced to 0
Ultima (still have to be hit with it)
Gained Equip Sword, Lost Equip Axe.

Squire Skillset Changes (Basic Skill)[/u]
Added Stasis Sword
Added Split Punch
Gained Equip Sword, Lost Equip Axe.

Archers Lose Charge and Gain Snipe with Heal, Yell, Cheer Up, Wish, and Scream.
Engineers Gain Thief Skills in Snipe to make up for the difference, Gain use of Crossbows, and Bows

Mediator Most skills have become more accurate.
Vertical Tolerances removed.
Thief Most skills have become more accurate.
Vertical Tolerances Removed.
Priest MP multiplier increased from 120 - 150
Innate Short Charge added, and Faith added to skillset.

Agrias HP/MP/HPmultiplier/MPmultiplier/PA multiplier increased
Skillset Changes
Added
Cure
Cure2
Raise
Regen
Protect
Shell
Esuna
Equip Sword
Maintenance
Lost
Equip Axe
Defend

Mighty Sword Skillset Changes
Added
Shield Break,
Night Sword,
Dark Sword,
Stasis Sword,
Scream,
and Equip Sword
Lost
Eqip Axe

All Swordskill Skillset Changes
Added
Heal
Wish
Scream
Gather Power
and Equip sword
Lost
Equip Axe

Monster Over-hauls[/u] - Still Working on getting the monsters to actually equip their newly

useable equipments
All Monsters have increased stats

Chocobo Gains Choco - Ball

Goblins - All Gain Wave Fist (Gobledeguk loses Goblin Punch)
All gain use of Knife, Ninja Blade, Sword, Axe, Gun, Crossbow, and Bow Weapon Types.
(Black Goblin Gains Katana, Gobledeguk Gains Katana, and Flail.
All Gain use of Shield, Helmet, Hat, Armor, and Clothing Armor Types.
All Gain Use of Shoes, Armguard, Ring, and Armlet Accessory types.

Squids Pisco Demons Get Witch Hunt and Wiznaibus
All Gain Use of Rod, Hair Adornment, Robe, Ring, and Cloak
Squidlarkin Gains Use of Armguards
Mindflayer Gains use of Books, and Perfumes

Skeletons All Gain Stasis Sword
All Gain Use of - Sword, Knight Sword, Katana, and Polearm Class Weapons
Bone Snatch Gains Ninja Blade, Living Bone Gains Guns
All Gain Use of Shield, Helmet, and Armor class armors
All Gain Use of Shoes, Armguard, ring, armlet and Cloak class Accessories
Living Bone gains use of Hair Adornments

Minotaurs
All Gain Knight Swords, and Axes
Sacred Gains Polearm.

ALL of these changes are still up for discussion, if anyone thinks they are not a good idea it would be nice to know and to know why, the balance of this mod is VERY important to me[/u][/i]

And if someone could tell me how to re-name abilities and classes, that would be awesome.

The Issue at the moment seems to be that Geomancer's and Lancer's automatically have a surprising ammount of their skillset once actually in-battle, though while in the menu screen they may only have one or two abilities, but hopefully, it's just something I did in testing and I can figure the glitch out of it, otherwise this project might end up dead in the water. I hope not... let's see

DarthPaul

December 14, 2008, 01:53:38 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Make holy explosion hit everyone on the field for mediocre damage.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Shade

December 14, 2008, 01:59:19 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
LOl DarthPaul I had that idea before I got to here.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

DarthPaul

December 14, 2008, 02:00:29 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Well obviously it's an idea worth consideration.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zuka

December 14, 2008, 02:42:38 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
it does seem fun, Any New swordskills you can think of? I'm actually going to start editing the main post with updates, so if you guys have any other Ideas (gonna test the holy explosion) let me know, and if anyone wants to test it with me I'll have the demo together shortly.

I'm thinking of turning Rafa and Malak's skillset into swordskills for other classes, and I'm not really sure what to do with Rafa and Malak, any suggestions?

DarthPaul

December 14, 2008, 02:54:24 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Gods Plague - sword skill for low damage (really low) and has a chance to add lot's of negative statuses  like poison and sleep.

Lydyn

December 14, 2008, 03:24:38 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Make some Swordskills like Holy Explosion only available to units like Agrias...

Otherwise there's always Status Sword Skills, like chance to add poison (no damage), or like Darthpaul's suggestion. Though for that, make sure you click either random or separate, since the formula for Sword Skills is 100% status ... separate forces it down to 25% though.

There's always the idea of taking a sword skill and making it weaker, but adds 100% a status.

Edit: Oh, beware ... if you're using generics, you can't change Item, Throw, or Jump at all without glitches, and you can only change Draw Out & Geomancry formulas (well, and range, effect, etc. as well) without glitches. If you change the Draw Out formula to anything else, it'll still require the katana and will change to 100% break, despite it failing to show the "Break" message.

Zuka

December 14, 2008, 03:59:39 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
thank you very much for those tips Lydyn, I'm making a bunch of mods today and doing some playtesting tonight and should have a post of some listed mods up by the morning, hopefully, I'm ading some white magic to a few of the Story characters too, Like Agrias for example (Holy knight Screams it to me) And hopefully that'll help them retain their usefulness, I was also planning on distributing the Limit swordskills among classes, I mean, it'l make it tough on cloud, but I can make up for that i think by giving him scream, and leaving his stronger abilities to him alone. I mean, right now I'm just using you all as a sounding board, getting some great ideas and play-testing it solo, but I'm hoping that in the next few days I'll have a good demo up that i can post for others to play-test

Vanya

December 14, 2008, 05:32:18 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Don't really like the names for the Geomancer Knight. I suggest something bad-ass sounding like Gaia's Wrath. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

December 14, 2008, 05:44:14 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Who voted for Geo Swordsman......I will knife you.  ........*knifes self*

Zuka

December 14, 2008, 06:34:01 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "Vanya"Don't really like the names for the Geomancer Knight. I suggest something bad-ass sounding like Gaia's Wrath. ^_^

We'll consider that a write-in vote ^^

Vanya

December 14, 2008, 09:18:21 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zuka

December 14, 2008, 09:44:42 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "darthpaul"Make holy explosion hit everyone on the field for mediocre damage.

Everyone? or Enemies only? Right now it's enemies only but I haven't seen it yet, so we'll see about that, but what do you think?

Lydyn

December 14, 2008, 10:20:01 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Zuka"Archers Lose Charge and Gain Snipe with charge +1-+5

You can't mix the Charge, Item, Jump, Throw Out, Geomancry, or Draw Out skills with other skills within the same skillset.

Zuka

December 14, 2008, 10:21:13 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "Lydyn"
Quote from: "Zuka"Archers Lose Charge and Gain Snipe with charge +1-+5

You can't mix the Charge, Item, Jump, Throw Out, Geomancry, or Draw Out skills with other skills within the same skillset.

Does it Glitch or something?

Vanya

December 14, 2008, 11:05:24 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Yes. Even if you switch those out for a default menu type and put in custom skills, it still glitches.
You can remake them into new skill sets, but they will only work right for special units, not generics.
=(
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

December 14, 2008, 11:05:47 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Zuka"Does it Glitch or something?

Simply put, yes.

DarthPaul

December 14, 2008, 11:07:54 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Since it's Holy "Explosion" I think it should hit everyone except maybe the caster.

Shade

December 15, 2008, 12:53:10 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Quote from: "Lydyn"
Quote from: "Zuka"Does it Glitch or something?

Simply put, yes.

You have to use empty skill set. there is alot of them but they don't have names.
So you might have rename some of them.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Zuka

December 15, 2008, 12:56:31 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "Lydyn"You have to use empty skill set. there is alot of them but they don't have names.
So you might have rename some of them.

How exactly do I go about changing the names, I can't seem to find the TacTEXT editor here on the site