• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:35:45 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Hacking R/S/M abilities?

Started by BeoulveBlack, September 12, 2008, 10:01:40 pm

BeoulveBlack

September 12, 2008, 10:01:40 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
the idea for this stemmed from my desire to edit silent walk into the ability it should have been...an ability that adds [Transparent] at the end of an AT wherein a unit moves, but does not act (adding it immediately after the move would render concentrate completely redundant and nearly useless)

so far, i hear that you can change the effect used for reaction abilities; anyone have any ideas as to whether it's possible to change the qualities of support and movement abilities?

DarthPaul

September 12, 2008, 10:05:44 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
i dont have enough experience to say for sure but im sure you can because we do have abilities like lifefont

which come to think of it would be funny to change to hurt the character when they walk lol "Zalmour has athletes foot"

i dont use the move and i hate Zalmo *which sounds better than Zalmour*
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Vanya

September 13, 2008, 01:00:09 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
The answer you seek lies in the mysterious and scary world of ASM hacking. We're just beginning to hack formulas and as soon as we have a better handle on that we should also be able to hack R/S/M abilities too.

The only thing I can think of that could be a problem is that I don't know where the code for them is, and I don't know that anyone else has found it yet.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯