• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTA2 Hero Mod

Started by jestherr09, September 11, 2019, 08:40:58 am

jestherr09

September 11, 2019, 08:40:58 am Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 07:53:12 am by jestherr09
Hi guys. I made FFTA2 mod for myself and been playing it. I just want you guys to judge my mod.  I've been playing fft since child so i wanted to make my own version. And if anyone like to try my mod i can share it with you. Im open for criticism  :lol:

This is the first main mission

And this is the second main mission

I focused on main character and one specific  job in one race. Also i make the enemy more challenging that they have many skills

Update:

Change log:
Thanks for taking the time to see my work and yes its not yet final and i think its far from final.

Ok lets start first with the formation.

Ally unit - changed from 6 to 8 (because i want to use many classes as i can)

Enemy units - nothing changed. But boost their Base Hp by adding 100 and 10 for Hp growth. So they will not be kill easily.

Main mission - all the enemy will changed from monster to non-monster(i will test first and see if it need changing) and change their gear and skill to the max(means they'll have most powerfull equipment instead of leather jacket, short sword etc.)

Side quest - some are changed e.g. the four green mage. I added one skill to each one of them like fire, lightning, blizzard and protect.

Next is the main character. Im a fan of isekai like someone came from another world with powerful stat or skill. So i make some change on stat and skills for the MC.

Luso - starting job Emperor. Command: King of knights. Originally a seer job.
i make actual gameplay for skils

Viera - starting job Queen. Command: Savior. Originally summoner job.
This job is focused to help ally.  Buffing,  healing reviving etc.

And im sorry i dont know how to make patches for my mod.  Can anyone teach me TIA.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

chocolatemoose

Congrats on the mod!

Could you maybe post a summary or more detailed log of the changes you made? I see different skills/jobs, and it looks like you increased the max number of units from 6 to 8 - did you similarly increase the number of units in enemy formations so the game isn't completely easy mode?

jestherr09

Ahh yes i increased the max party to 8. If you say its easy mode maybe its true. The thing is i dont know how to increase the enemy units. I'll post here the changes that i made.

Zeke_Aileron

A bit hard to judge since there's no change-log of the mass amount of changes for the mod you did, as well there seems to be no file to download to check as well, assuming you're still working on it before a finalized release?

So yes, a change-log would be nice.  :)
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

Chronovore

I really like some of what I see here. Giving the main hero that flame attack was cool. The convenience should make it a staple. Giving the Thief Shadow Stick feels right and adds some helpful diversity to the normal thieving skills. I hadn't realized that normal characters could use Draw In! That actually looked great. You've just inspired me to explore that as a Blue Magick skill in my mod.

I'd second the request for a change log, or at least the class and skill trees.

jestherr09

Thanks im also inspired with all the ffta2 mod here. They give me ideas to make my mod. But its still incomplete nd i dont know if i make it right when changing stats.

Chronovore

One thing I've learned from modding FFTA2 is that glitches can occur whenever particular graphics are called for and don't exist. (For instance, a Hume besides Vaan using a rapier.) Creating unusual circumstances can cause problems too. Draw-In was in a category of spells I didn't consider for normal use because it involves moving an enemy unit. I'm very curious to know if it causes glitches against large-sized or fixed-position boss-type enemies like the big birds, big plant monsters that spit malboros, or the sand king who actually uses it.

I've been a bit busy with another project but as you play-test your mod here, would you mind testing out Draw-In under different conditions and make sure there are no bugs for player use?

jestherr09

I've been a bit busy with another project but as you play-test your mod here, would you mind testing out Draw-In under different conditions and make sure there are no bugs for player use?

Here are some test. I see that its playable but the graphic glitch when using draw in in big monster or boss

Chronovore

Thanks for checking that. It was funny to see the sand king moved way up the bank. Do any issues occur after the enemy has been moved? For instance, can the enemy still use all of their skills without problems? Are there any problems with certain skills targeting or affecting the enemy in their new location? In one of the videos, it looked like the new enemy location overlapped another character. Are there any issues with that?

chocolatemoose

You might want to check out Eternal's FFTA2 mod for pointers. I think he gave the Fighter a skill called Grapple that had the same draw in effect.

jestherr09

September 23, 2019, 02:44:02 pm #10 Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:19:56 pm by jestherr09
Sorry i discontinue this mod. im busy with another.

I'm planning to add this job to my other mod which I'm doing right now.

Zeke_Aileron

This thread was asked to be locked/closed, so it shall, good luck to your other mod that you're working on.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606