• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:12 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Flashtics [*** 0.6 Available ***]

Started by dbp, December 30, 2010, 01:13:41 am

MysticKnightFF5

Story, all the spells, I'm sure equipment variety will have its problems to transfer, etc.
Flash...such a bastard.

That aside...I promised myself I wouldn't nerdgasm...but pretty soon I'm gonna break my promise >.<"
Keep up the fucking *awesome* work dbp!!!!

Dokurider

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on March 05, 2011, 09:25:39 pm
Story, all the spells, I'm sure equipment variety will have its problems to transfer, etc.
Flash...such a bastard.

Whenever the AI is implemented, a story can be done. But Spells? And most equipment? You can't be serious. That just leaves us with Melee: The Game. Are you saying that AoE attacks are impossible? Are you saying that spell animations are out of the question? Even simple ones like Fire, Ice, and Bolt? And how is equipment going to be a problem at all?

dbp

Hi.
Sorry if my last post was confusing. In my last post, what i intended to emphasize was only a matter of time.
Basically, everything is possible.
Almost the exact copy of FFTactics is possible, even with Flash.
But the problem is more a problem of time.

I do intend to add Magic.
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

Cheetah

Thanks for that clarification dbp.

That would certainly be an exciting thing to see. How is the online flash chat coming along?
Current Projects:

MysticKnightFF5

Quote from: Dokurider on March 06, 2011, 12:01:26 am
Whenever the AI is implemented, a story can be done. But Spells? And most equipment? You can't be serious. That just leaves us with Melee: The Game. Are you saying that AoE attacks are impossible? Are you saying that spell animations are out of the question? Even simple ones like Fire, Ice, and Bolt? And how is equipment going to be a problem at all?

No, I didn't mean it like that. But, I guess DBP knows more about flash than I, and he clarified nicely.

DrBreen

Just played v0.6.
It's awesome! Keep the good work.
When you'll finish this work(i hope you will),WHOLE Final Fantasy Tactics can be transfered to Flash! More hacking,maybe even sequel to FFT...

dbp

Thanks DrBreen !
btw, its very nice to see this nice fur shop dude for your avatar :D

QuoteHow is the online flash chat coming along?

Cheetah, i made some test in my company and it is working (Only very simple chat). So i understand a little bit more how multiplayer can work.

I have problems for making the configuration of my Router, the notice is in Japanese, and i think the configuration is only automatic... (No custom settings possible).
I would like to try chat with you guys but, for that, we need that someone become the server :D

Basically this is how it works :
You launch a java command in the terminal, and your PC become the host.
And then, everyone can connect to the chat through your ip adress.

Basically, Smartfox server default port is 9339.
So if you have a firewall/router, you need to open the port 9339, so other internet user can get access if you launch the server.

If there is any volunteer, i would be very happy to make some test with you guys.

overlon

well maby i could help in that matter ;) as long as you provide me with guide :P
yeah ... whatever

dbp

March 08, 2011, 10:22:10 pm #149 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:25:20 pm by dbp
Hi Overlon !
Thank you for being volunteer :D

(note that everyone can actually try this)

RUN MULTIPLAYER PART 1

1 - First you need to donwload Smartfox Server Basic.  http://www.smartfoxserver.com/products/basic.php  
2 - Next, in the Server folder, you need to set up config.xml and replace ServerIP with your computer IP. (You can go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/).
3 - Then, you need to start the server using the start icon. (On mac i had to launch the Terminal go to the Server Folder and write sh start.sh).

If the server run successfully, that mean that we can try to chat together !
Please tell me if you have any problem with it.
You can also pm me.

Good luck !

Eternal

Seems simple enough. I'll give this a try later.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dbp

QuoteSeems simple enough. I'll give this a try later.

If more people can host games it is good.

In the mean time, i try to create a simple single multiplayer chat with some avatar.
So people will be able to interact with each other in a funny and interactive way.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: dbp on March 09, 2011, 07:31:22 pm
If more people can host games it is good.

In the mean time, i try to create a simple single multiplayer chat with some avatar.
So people will be able to interact with each other in a funny and interactive way.

Awww yea that sounds awesome.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

MysticKnightFF5

March 30, 2011, 11:30:13 am #155 Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:34:08 am by MysticKnightFF5
Yeah, he's kind of in Tokyo and hasn't posted in awhile, since right before the disaster. So, he probably has more important things to do for the time being, lose not hope though!
ST. AJORA WILL RETURN!!! HE WILL I TELL YOU!

GeneralStrife

It's sad that dbp fell silent completely after the incident in march