• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 10:30:33 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

3lric

If the attack.out had 5 set why is one not showing up o_O
  • Modding version: PSX

Kaffe

Didn't get a screenshot of it, but Alma says "some silver-hairedpsycho just", guessing it is missing a blank space there.

I'm just assuming you know exactly where that is. (After Sephiroth battles, outside the castle)

Pride

Maybe RAM corruption or a dirty ISO? It seems like a strange error that other people haven't really gotten.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Elric on August 05, 2013, 04:41:32 pm
If the attack.out had 5 set why is one not showing up o_O

Because it's supposed to only be 4 since Cloud deploys automatically now and I just forgot to make the 5 into a 4.

EDIT: I also can't recreate the Miluda Portrait bug on my master ISO, but I'm gonna patch one later and try that to be certain.

Kaffe

I could try different emulators to see if I get different results as well.

Xifanie

No this wouldn't be an emulator issue... you might've used a specific hacked skill or something or triggered a hack's buggy effects which corrupted the RAM, I don't know. You have the latest version right? If you had an older version this could totally happen.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

August 05, 2013, 06:05:22 pm #206 Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:07:29 pm by Elric
Also, just to verify, you are using the newest version and did not add any other hacks to the game correct?

Also, you downloaded the Vanilla ISO from EP not the 1.3 iso from there right? You might try finding an iso/bin/img from
somewhere else, since there have been issues with the EP iso before.

Kaffe

August 05, 2013, 06:34:58 pm #207 Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:07:50 pm by Elric
Yes, EP iso (I lost my own personal ISO long time ago). I'm using the latest version (downloaded two or three days ago). No extra hack. Just stumbled upon a funny issue again:

Guess I'll have to find another iso... I've personally never had problem with EP one before.

ETA: This is another ISO, actually my original one, I actually found it:

ETA2: This is also an odd place to be able to stand...

ETA3: And now Dante got messed up. Anyone in the back row seems to get strange. Or the last person I choose. Don't know which just yet.

ETA4: Sorry to be bombarding you, but here Ganondorf is in some way standing on top of the tile, so I can't hit him. It doesn't alter between two levels either, as it usually would if there were tiles "on top" of each other.

Xifanie

I don't think that will work Raven, if the squad allows 5 units, I'm pretty sure the game will forcefully allocate space for only 4 other spritesheets (9 - 5). Or maybe I'm just confusing myself with random battle stuff, dunno.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Something is wrong here, I thought Twinees fixed that map for us before we even released?

Pryn

August 08, 2013, 10:19:40 am #211 Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:26:40 pm by Pryn
Greetings,

I would like to notify that since the release of the patch (v1.97b):

-The reaction ability "Nature's wrath" of the Piscodemon procs at a higher rate, I did not see any change about this in the patch notes. (Got 1 character petrified and 3 characters "stopped" within 4 consecutive procs).

-The "paralyze" effect of mustang did not occur for me after nearly 25 hits. Maybe it's just bad luck. I don't know.

-The "Immobilize" effect of Cross-slash did not occur after 12 hits although the spell's description states that it's a 100% add.

-The passive ability "Ignore Terrain" as a geomancer does not work. If the character is not on the field's associated ability, he cannot use the geomancy talent.

- Steal techniques don't show 0% chance to steal when an item is already stolen helmet, armor and accessories and the following message is shown when an item is stolen a second time : Got "".

kyozo22

August 13, 2013, 10:37:49 am #213 Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:04:25 am by kyozo22
Hey, here to be a pain in the arse again! It would appear that Monster's Kin/ learning blue magic isn't working. After using the skill to be learned, when the choice is due to pop up/ exp gain is then the game just crashes. Tried it with multiple monster skills, Animist and non-Animist jobs alike on the same freshly-patched ISO that I've been using fine for years (been patching a clean vanilla version every update, of course.)

Assuming that its something ASM related? Thought you guys should know, in any case. Cheers
  • Modding version: WotL

kyozo22

if I ever see him around the forums, will make it a point to hurl some abuse. ;D
  • Modding version: WotL

Advent

Got a text bug for ya.

3lric

Well that's a bit strange, is that on the most recent Patch?

RavenOfRazgriz

I already know why it happens, people giving me incorrect information.  I'll fix it when Pokeytax gets back to me on the PM I sent him regarding the other thing or I can get someone else to handle it.

DaTruthDT

August 15, 2013, 03:46:31 pm #219 Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:10:26 pm by DaTruthDT
I encountered the same one as kyozo22.

A monster used a learnable Animst skill on my Animst. Right when you would get the message to learn the skill the game crashed.

Also a lot of the proc %'s seem strange. Agrias gets procs on her skills maybe 80 or 90% of the time.

I've noticed the same with both the Pisco Demon's Nature's Wrath reaction & the Green Skeleton's Aqua Soul frog proc.