• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 11:32:43 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Document Program Suggestion

Started by SentinalBlade, August 20, 2008, 08:20:26 pm

SentinalBlade

August 20, 2008, 08:20:26 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Hey all

I recently came int oa money situation, oddly enough, i whipped out a CD i lightscribed a few days ago with a photoshop abstraction i made myself, and someone across the hallway at school said "That looks kickass"... he offered to buy it. 3$ for about 10 minutes work and one out of the 20 cds i have.

I decided, since im good at it, to start a very small business in CD-Image-Custimization and Requests. I would take on commissions, provide a brief 1 day wait, and collect pay the next morning.

Simple no?
Well instead of writing out a form, or some such, id much rather print multiples out. The forms would be kind of an official record. They would also consist of the limitations i have, rules, expected wait, examples of what i can do, and then have an area where they can formally write a description of what they would like.

Does anyone know a good program for doing this other than microsoft word(or microsoft anything to do with what normally comes on a computer), as i never got my disk with the programs on it when buying this computer

Also, A HUGE help here would be a fair payment. should i charge by the hour? and if i scratch my work, im obviously not gonna charge them for the time i spent on what im not gonna give them. or should i charge a flat rate... in both cases, i need suggestions.

gojoe

August 20, 2008, 10:15:34 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
as i recall when i was in school selling stuff was not allowed but since youre gonna do it anyway, charge a flat rate depending on the cd, i.e.- dvd movie more than music or music they don't have etc, just play it by ear and don't get caught
I never learn from my mistakes.

Vanya

August 21, 2008, 07:53:03 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I use a program called 'Invoices & Estimates'. It's not free, but I'm sure you can find a way around that! =D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Tersius

August 21, 2008, 08:46:37 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tersius
OpenOffice is a very good word processing suite (I actually prefer it over the latest Microsoft Word) that is absolutely free.  Download it at OpenOffice.org.  Be prepared to be amazed at the power of free!