• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Quote from: dinosaur on February 21, 2011, 05:06:38 am
The magic guns are stronger, have much more range and don't initial petrify. Why is the point of the rifle??

The rifle is dmg: 14, range: 4 and initial: stone- right?

No, no initial stone at all
Also, the magic guns damage depends on the Faith of both the attacker and the defender, while the rifle is just fixed (14*14) damage

P.s: Magic guns range will be nerfed in the next release

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

I think that stats could be organized in tiers, range from 1 to 10
What do you think?

GeneralStrife

Yes, I am interested to see if doublecast can be implemented, Not sure if it would have to be ASM.

philsov

that's... pretty much how it already is.  Tier-wise, I mean.  In general I think you're forcing specialization too much.  Too few people have decent MA or MP on the fighter side and vice versa.  Bard MA is way too low, and from the looks of it Wizard and Summoner have god-tier MA, then there's a huuuuge gap (oracle, lul) before any other class that actually uses MA comes into the picture.

Also, wtf @ time mage class... crap HP, moderate MP, lower tier speed, crap PA, and lower tier MA?  Every class should be viable.  And, while ideally every class should be also unique, its better to have two duplicates than something that is just outright horrible.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dome

Quote from: philsov on February 21, 2011, 12:57:22 pm
that's... pretty much how it already is. 

Yeah, it's very similar, but it's a sistem that allows more differentiation between classes

Scearcely

QuoteAlso, wtf @ time mage class... crap HP, moderate MP, lower tier speed, crap PA, and lower tier MA?  Every class should be viable.  And, while ideally every class should be also unique, its better to have two duplicates than something that is just outright horrible.

other than "lower tier speed"  time mage needs to be the weakest of the mages to balance its skill set.  meteor shortcharge haste and stop, while all expensive, once learned are all top tier abilities that are routinely stolen for other classes use.  so the balance tactic is: make the time mage weak to increase difficulty while learning those skills, and make those skills expensive so can't be realistically picked up by jp spillover.  make mid-game harder for elite late game mages

I do have a problem with time mage's speed tier though.  they should be the fastest of the mages(which with the way charging works gives them at least some role as a carrier)  a 7 speed rating would probably be for the best, still not competitive with archer/ninja/thief(the true speed jobs) but high enough that they have a calling card:

mage roles as I see it:
wizard = MA
oracle = def/HP
summoner = MP
priest = PA
time = speed
sage/red/blue = balance

philsov

Quoteother than "lower tier speed"  time mage needs to be the weakest of the mages to balance its skill set.

So just be a wizard/priest/oracle/summoner/sage with time magic secondary.  There's no reason to be a time mage with XXX secondary.  Ever. 
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Scearcely

you missed it:

time mage should be the fast mage.  it should have weak stats OTHER THAN SPEED.  That's your reason for being a time mage main, to ensure silence before that black mage gets off flare, to get fire2 off before cure 2 procs or the chemist gets over there.

Lucifer_zero

@Dome

IMHO (and a persistent one) making one job command that have Damage (even if low, that can kill low HP enemies ), Buff, Debuff AND RAISE, is to make one Job command that can make much thing alone.

As you propose, i would take of Raise and Haste and Demi at least, RAISE as it makes you dont need a secondary job if you need suport; Haste, as it is one, if not the top, best buffs you can have; DEMI, great ofensive skill that make Time Magic usefull even if unit have low MA ( at cost of Hit-Rate ).

When you said about Double Cast... something came to my head... why wont try to make Malak a Red mage, instead of having random hit, make skills with 2 hit, ultimate have 3 hit an non elemental, and one AOE 1 Buff with 2 hit ( and mid % ) that give a random Buff each hit ( like nameless Dance song, but 2 times and AOE 1 )... but... this still a little... lame... but... it an ideia ^^
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Dome

Sorry, 4 as speed of the time mage was a typo, thanks for pointing it
Fixed

EpicSolidSnake

Guess no ones wants to remplace the dancer and bard class with those classes...oh well.
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Lucifer_zero

These are my visions of classes and their roles, after that, what i thhink about rank multipliers.

• SQUIRE - the most balanced, but still, a little less than standard

• CHEMIST - they should have stats worse than quire, except for speed, that should be equal, as they have innate throw item, and their Job Comand is one of most usefull, as it don depend on stats

• KNIGHT - they use heavy armor, they HAVE the ultimost strengh, and this makes then slower than other units

• ARCHER - they are kinda more fast than standard, a little more strengh, but as they are long range, they sould have not much HP, and they dont care for magic.

• MONK - Vitality, that the word that could define the monks, tanks with high strengh, but, the shine is on their Health, but they still cares a little for spiritual energy ( MA, not MP ).

• PRIEST - They are defensive mages, the more balanced stats as mage, but more focused on magical, of course

• WIZARD - They canalize evething to make the most powerfull speels, and when i say everything, it´s REALLY EVERYTHING

• TIME MAGE - Time... one of most powerfull buffers, as Scearcely said, this one is a mage focused on speed, as they know how manipulate time ( and Space... )

• SUMMONER - The one who makes pacts with the summons, the more focused on spiritual energy to make the pacts heal work, but to make they be at most of they capacities, they need time and much spiritual energy.

• THIEF - They are fast... they steal your pockets before you even realise that is something there... on a fight they can throw some few punches ( and stabs ), but never they can make more than it... ( means... no magic )

• MEDIATOR - They don´t care for strengh or magic, they just use words, like... they are the troll of FFT, and HEY they can use guns !!!

• ORACLE - As Time Game is the most precious buffer, Oracles are the DeBuff who would make enemie team  suffer from diseases and curses, with the help from the ghost they have less speed than time mage, but still more than others mages.

• GEOMANCER - They comunicates with land... they like to maintain balance, so they are balanced... ( yes, this one was lame ), think their stats as SQUIRE upgrade, but more focus on strengh

• LANCER - They use heavy armor as Knights, but they focused a little more on speed, for their lances can stab the enemies as they fall from sky.

• SAMURAI - Oriental Warriors that speaks to their weapons, they use heavy armor for they need to protect themselfs better, as their vitality in´t so good as other warriors, in stats terms, they have strengh like a monk, but more MA, at cost of HP and MP

• NINJA - If you think that Thief are fast... Ninja can steal your pockets WITH your pants, and you only realise it when it´s too late, as wizard sacrifies everything for their strong speel, Ninjas don´t make their muscles too much strong as it would make they a little less fast, and they knows a little of magic, but only the necessary

• SAGE - Not much ideias here, it like... Geomancer, but instead of making it have more strengh, they have more magic

• BARD - They sing about how beatifull life is... to always look at the bright side of life... they focused more on magic

• DANCER - not ideias here, but they are the counterpart of Bards, more focused on physical, but with more speed

• MIME - ... the one generic used to make stats better... now that growth is no more... they could have high health ( for they don equip anything ) and MID~HIGH MA, PA, to make they useful, and a Time mage speed ( that is a nice one... ) the usefullness should come on INNATES.

Now lets put some numbers, using 1~10, 5 is standar and 10 is excel, only one 10 on each stats, and only one 9 too

• SQUIRE -
    HP 05; MP 04; SPD 04; PA 05; MA 05

• CHEMIST -
    HP 04; MP 03; SPD 04; PA 04; MA 04

• KNIGHT -
    HP 07; MP 02; SPD 02; PA 10; MA 01

• ARCHER -
    HP 04; MP 01; SPD 06; PA 07; MA 01

• MONK -
    HP 09; MP 01; SPD 06; PA 08; MA 03

• PRIEST -
    HP 05; MP 06; SPD 05; PA 04; MA 06

• WIZARD -
    HP 02; MP 05; SPD 03; PA 01; MA 10

• TIME MAGE -
    HP 04; MP 05; SPD 07; PA 03; MA 05

• SUMMONER -
    HP 04; MP 10; SPD 02; PA 01; MA 07

• THIEF -
    HP 05; MP 01; SPD 09; PA 06; MA 01

• MEDIATOR -
    HP 03; MP 01; SPD 06; PA 03; MA 03

• ORACLE -
    HP 04; MP 09; SPD 06; PA 04; MA 06

• GEOMANCER -
    HP 06; MP 05; SPD 06; PA 06; MA 05

• LANCER -
    HP 05; MP 01; SPD 07; PA 08; MA 01

• SAMURAI -
    HP 03; MP 03; SPD 05; PA 07; MA 06

• NINJA -
    HP 02; MP 01; SPD 10; PA 04; MA 03

• SAGE -
    HP 06; MP 06; SPD 06; PA 05; MA 06

• BARD -
    HP 03; MP 07; SPD 05; PA 03; MA 07

• DANCER -
    HP 06; MP 03; SPD 06; PA 07; MA 03

• MIME -
    HP 10; MP 01; SPD 06; PA 08; MA 08

Some notes
- First, when i put 01 i mean that it multiplier is the lowes possible that will give it something, in case of PA/MA the min is 25, for HP/MP is 8, note that there isn´t one ever HP or SPEED stats with 01 on my scale;
- as i said, 10 and 09 means the top and second top on the stats, and they are unique;
- As 01, 09 and 10 are specific things, the scale is, in fact, between 02~08, that make 5 the standard number
- For now there is no 09 for MA / PA, still thinking
- YES, from above statment, that means my scale could and SHOULD be changed ( but still is MY opinion, using it or no its not my call )
- YESS except for speed NINJAs sucks, for my experience on plays, speed is the moust signifcant stats that you want, and ninja have it and innate Two Hands, that makes they a bit much strong, they reallly need some nerf, so even a wizard they cannot 1HIT-KO, that way you could end using more their job command

- before the end of week i should re-think something here...
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

GeneralStrife

I wonder what dome thinks. Personally I think those two classes are broke, and Should be replaced SSD, so whatever Dome thinks.

Dome

Quote from: GeneralStrife on February 21, 2011, 05:48:09 pm
I wonder what dome thinks. Personally I think those two classes are broke, and Should be replaced SSD, so whatever Dome thinks.
Which class is broken in your opinion?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Dome on February 21, 2011, 05:11:43 am
A magic class that allows you to equip swords (Because you have the possibility and the PA to make it worth) and gives a very versatile skillset isn't trash, at all

Something like
Fire/Ice/Thunder/Cure/Raise/Wall/Haste/Slow/Demi/Poison/Faith and an unique skill (It's possible to re-create the double cast feature of FFTA into FFT?)

I'd use that class any day

It's trash because you're just rehashing the same shit the player can already do and giving it a sword when the player can easily make a faux-Red Mage by putting Time Magic on a Geomancer or something.

There is nothing defining about the class and the point you're trying to cover by making it is covered by the very design of FFT's mechanics unless you put a unique spin on the mechanics of its skills similar to how Calculator tried to do.

It's the kind of class that FFT was designed to not need.  Also, you can replicate single-target doublecasts on a per-skill basis, but using the vanilla formula they won't have a Faith component since you need to use the Tiamat's Triple Flame formula.  Using FDC and I's giant formula hacking monstrosity, however... though that's still a ways off from being done.

dinosaur

Quote from: Dome on February 21, 2011, 09:42:30 am
No, no initial stone at all
Also, the magic guns damage depends on the Faith of both the attacker and the defender, while the rifle is just fixed (14*14) damage

P.s: Magic guns range will be nerfed in the next release

Okay well the initial stone is still there! Make sure to fix it please :)

Oh so that is why the magic guns are acting differently.

dinosaur

The typo says Bravi 2 (suppose to be Gravi2)

Did you notice the oracle in my video? Whats up with that?

(Thank you for fixing the AI elixirs, I like to save them and the AI just think they are like potions XD)

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on February 21, 2011, 05:59:08 pm
Which class is broken in your opinion?

Id say Dancer class is quite broken.(Most dancer skills too.) Bard is somewhat broken too, but less that dancers.

A few nameless dances are usally eneuf to turn the entire battle in your favor. (Unless you face immortal enemies, but im guessing most of em will become back to normal in your patch.)

And the Dancer seem to stand out more by instantanly randomly turing enemies into frogs, silence on casters and blind on knights and even slow em.
Aslo saying that the AI will try to cure em using items, istend of killing one of your team, there sometime would heal the mage having darkness on it, completely wasting a turn

And it may get used 2-3 times in an row sometimes...and thats just insane.

I once turned the entire enemy team to frogs with the dancer alone...

Not sure about the bards...
But personally, id like a totally new class...(A class that can support the team, using about the same kind of skill that the bards has, but istend of performing, it would be instant cast. (And cost MP) And don't taget the entire map.

Same thing for dancers, but there are many classes that can add harmfull status at enemies and disabling em aleardy, it should change to a role that is less common....

The Damned

If Dancer is broken, then it's broken because Slow Dance and Last Dance, not something as simple as just making sure that Nameless Dance doesn't stupidly inflict Frog anymore by changing the appropriate Inflict Status. 100% Nameless Song would likely be overpowered.

If any class is broken, it's still Monk.

Anyway, I rather agree with Raven. Unless it's either the very beginning class of the game (IMO) or a special character, then a Red Mage that just completely rehashes all but a couple of spells from other classes is at once both pointless and defeatist of the entire Tactics job system.

Personally, of the three job options, the only one I can get behind is Blue Mage since I've already said how I feel about Necromancer given the state of formulas (or lack thereof) regarding them.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on February 21, 2011, 05:24:33 pm
Sorry, 4 as speed of the time mage was a typo, thanks for pointing it
Fixed

The Time mage don't seem very...good in this info...even MP are *Meh*
3 for MA? even a squire got better magic power that the Time mage... :/ (In fact, i think squire got too much of it)

I think 6-7 for MA and 7 for MP would be better for time mages..