• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:01:51 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Quote from: "Zenius"Can we make katanas not Brave-dependent? >_>
Of course we CAN
I don't know if it's a good idea or not...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Barren

It was just a idea I thought of and hopefully it can be done. Although I'm not sure what specifically but I and hopefully anyone else who likes the idea will think of something. And to dinosaur who liked my red chocobo, yes red chocobos are cool and its a shame that i didnt move on from my match but i am in the loser's bracket still and hopefully my chocobo power will steal the win :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

philsov

/punt

Moving this topic to New Project Ideas.  If you want to spawn multiple topics, you're free to do so there.  Tag them all in the topic title with "1.4" or "Dome's 1.3 patch" or something.  If these extra topics are closed or don't see any activity for four weeks, they'll be deleted/moved to archives.  Keeping this master topic around to keep tabs on all the mini topics that'll be spawned, though.  Time to get organized.

QuoteI like it too, but I'm not skilled at all in event editing...

Thats because you've never tried.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

dinosaur

Quote from: "philsov"/punt

Moving this topic to New Project Ideas.  If you want to spawn multiple topics, you're free to do so there.  Tag them all in the topic title with "1.4" or "Dome's 1.3 patch" or something.  If these extra topics are closed or don't see any activity for four weeks, they'll be deleted/moved to archives.  Keeping this master topic around to keep tabs on all the mini topics that'll be spawned, though.  Time to get organized.

QuoteI like it too, but I'm not skilled at all in event editing...

Thats because you've never tried.

Thanks Philsov

dinosaur

I may have missed this point...

But monsters should have weaknesses. Because the Black mage becomes kind of pointless. The black magic all does the same just has element effect. Thus, making the black mage only useful for healing (black costume, rubber clothes, ect) and using only one of the three (blot, ice, fire) for damage.

[I know there is death, poison, flare. but death has such a low percent rate that I never use it. Poison does not hurt bosses or main character. I guess flare is the only good spell (though I think it is weak sometime) but still sage has flare 2 which is way better.]

dinosaur

Quote from: "Barren"And to dinosaur who liked my red chocobo, yes red chocobos are cool and its a shame that i didnt move on from my match but i am in the loser's bracket still and hopefully my chocobo power will steal the win ;) I was referring to your old avatar. It was a very cute yellow chocobo. Now it is some guy giving me creepy looks  :shock:

Dome

Quote from: "dinosaur"I may have missed this point...

But monsters should have weaknesses. Because the Black mage becomes kind of pointless. The black magic all does the same just has element effect. Thus, making the black mage only useful for healing (black costume, rubber clothes, ect) and using only one of the three (blot, ice, fire) for damage.

[I know there is death, poison, flare. but death has such a low percent rate that I never use it. Poison does not hurt bosses or main character. I guess flare is the only good spell (though I think it is weak sometime) but still sage has flare 2 which is way better.]
One of the (many) ideas that floated around was to give EACH monster at least 1 weakness, some immunities and to make the ice/fire/bolt spells different (More area/More damage/Faster Charging time, for example)

Barren

Quote from: "dinosaur"
Quote from: "Barren"And to dinosaur who liked my red chocobo, yes red chocobos are cool and its a shame that i didnt move on from my match but i am in the loser's bracket still and hopefully my chocobo power will steal the win ;) I was referring to your old avatar. It was a very cute yellow chocobo. Now it is some guy giving me creepy looks  :) and besides i like my avatar and thats all that counts ;)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dome

Posting to let you all know that I have an exam soon, so the work will slow down for some day...

StarScythe

I had another idea concerning improving the archer class.

Give Mustadio's skill set to archers. Arm aim, leg aim, seal evil, maybe a unique skill or two. We already know that the skill set is useful, and will be more so if accessible earlier.

Then we make Musty a new skill set that will see him used a bit more. Rough idea:

MACHINEST (experts in using forgotten technologies, iconic for using guns) [basically this class focuses on using guns]

all abilities require a gun to use. all abilities use the gun's attributes (range, ignores evasion) where applicable

Headshot: Aims for an enemies head hoping to end them in one blow (normal damage, chance to add:dead) [think weak, long range crush punch]

Explosive round: Fires a special bullet designed to explode on impact (1 aoe, normal damage)

Sticky round: Fires a special shell that coats the target in sticky substance that impedes movement (no damage, adds slow or stop

Piercing round: Fires a sabot round that pierces through multiple targets (less damage, strikes in a line, 4 aoe)

Basically the idea is to turn mustadio into the premier gun user. Sure anyone can aim the thing and pull the trigger, but musty know how to really put it to use. I would think with the gun damage equation being what it is that the damage from these skills would be easy to control. The idea is to have un-evadable low to medium damage skills that are instant ranged abilities.

MarblesX

Dome

Quote from: "StarScythe"I had another idea concerning improving the archer class.

Give Mustadio's skill set to archers. Arm aim, leg aim, seal evil, maybe a unique skill or two. We already know that the skill set is useful, and will be more so if accessible earlier.

Then we make Musty a new skill set that will see him used a bit more. Rough idea:

MACHINEST (experts in using forgotten technologies, iconic for using guns) [basically this class focuses on using guns]

all abilities require a gun to use. all abilities use the gun's attributes (range, ignores evasion) where applicable

Headshot: Aims for an enemies head hoping to end them in one blow (normal damage, chance to add:dead) [think weak, long range crush punch]

Explosive round: Fires a special bullet designed to explode on impact (1 aoe, normal damage)

Sticky round: Fires a special shell that coats the target in sticky substance that impedes movement (no damage, adds slow or stop

Piercing round: Fires a sabot round that pierces through multiple targets (less damage, strikes in a line, 4 aoe)

Basically the idea is to turn mustadio into the premier gun user. Sure anyone can aim the thing and pull the trigger, but musty know how to really put it to use. I would think with the gun damage equation being what it is that the damage from these skills would be easy to control. The idea is to have un-evadable low to medium damage skills that are instant ranged abilities.
I like the idea :-)

Dome

Quote- Storyline battle enemies level should be the same level of your party, and only bosses should be set on "Party level + something"
- Equipment of storyline battles enemies should be fixed, and just a "tier" upper yours (steal it's still worthy, because you can get things before you can buy them in stores)
- Random battles should only contain monsters, or immortal humans with maintenance as an ability, or humans with fixed equipment, in this way you can't steal better equipment that the one you can get in stores/storyline battles
- Almost every story battle should have 1 thing worth stealing (From chapter 1 to 3, pieces of equipment that you can get only much later, and chapter in 4 poachable-only items or very expensive items) in this way stealing will be very useful
The idea behind this is to make impossible for the player (and the enemy) to obtain better gear that the one you can buy in stores
You can still steal, and sometimes you can get some nice piece of equipment from storyline fights, but no more TROLOLOL FLASH HAT CRYSTAL MAIL in chapter 1

Like? Don't like? Think something should be changed?
Discuss

Dome

QuoteChocobos: Choco ball effect has been replaced with an istant, low % quick
Pathers: Cat kick (Tier 1 ability) sucks  IMHO, but otherwise panther family it's fine
Goblins: Goblin family monster skill should be based on PA, not MA (In order to get boosted from PA Save)
Bombs: Each member of the bomb family will represent an element (Fire, Ice, Thunder), will absorb that element and be weak to the opposite element (Fire->water, Ice->Fire, Thunder->Nothing since they float and they are immune to Earth xD) and instead of their normal attack, they will get the tier 1 black mage spell, no ct.
Their MS will do the same damage as small bomb but it will be fire, ice, thunder elemental, with cherry blossom animation)
Psico demons: They are fine
Skeletons: They are fine
Ghosts: I don't like the fact that tier 3 ghosts skill stops the enemy and monster skill ability does the same (Even if ranged): This should be changed
Evil Eyes: I don't like the skill that lowers brave by 10 (Tier 2), the amount is too low, IMHO, and they should halve all elements (If it has been removed)
Birds: They are fine as they are
Pigs: Pooh should return to 100%, and nose breath too (Or we should give it something like 80% accuracy) Otherwise, we can give them steal heart instead of nose breath. Monster skill should go back to moogle, or become 100% accuracy
Treants: Maybe their skill hit % should rise up to 100? (And a skill that target all the allies on the field for a small hp recover?)
Minotaurs: Maybe a better reaction? (And innate attack up - MA up?)
Malboros: Modball virus should be changed to something more useful (Maybe a 4 linear range, 1 panel 70% don't move? the spit something sticky to enemies leg, in order to make it unable to escape), and maybe their normal attack should have a chance to inflict posion
Behemots: Their monster skills needs a nerf (Charge time or lowered damage)
Dragons: I don't like tail Whip...some suggestion here? (Maybe 100% cancel: Charge?)
Hydras: they have been nerfed a lot, give back to dark whisper 6 hits, and to every hydra skill 0 vert tollerance. Give another skill to tier 1 (Ever monster has 3 skills + monster skill)

- Maybe every monster should receive at least 1 weakness and 1 absorb, and some status immunity
- Boco should be changed to a "Special monster" much like Byblos and Worker 8 (There is an asm that allows you to "Ride" a special job IIRC)
- Maybe we should make undeads able to come back to life 100% of the times, making every human job/monster that doesn't has it as an innate immune to it...

QuoteMonsters of the same family should have same stats: Only the skills will change

Discuss

Dome

QuoteRamza sucks right now, he is a nerfed squire: He should get lower multipliers, higher growths (On par with mime), and a unique skillset focused on the fact that he is the leader of a small army (And his class name should be changed to something else...something like Cadet - Mercenary - Heavenly Knight, for example...THIS IS NOT A LOLSWORDSKILL PATCH, just Ramza's class name will change)
My idea:
Chapter 1 skillset:
Everyone defend! (Instant, inflict "Defend" on every ally on the field, 100% hit 5 mp) (Basic strategy taught at the accademy)
Cheer up (Range 3 vertical 3 Remove every negative status from an ally, 100% hit 10 mp) (Basic leadership command, being able to "cure" the allies from doubts and such)
Throw stone (Still in training like a normal squire)
Dash (Still in training like a normal squire)
Wish (Now Ramza only, the same as 1.3 but 100% hit) (Represent the fact that he is pure of heart)
Bull's eye (Now Ramza only, same as 1.3 but costs 10 mp) (Accurate skill taught at the accademy)
Chapter 2/3 skillset
Loses dash and throw stone, (Not in training anymore) gets "Defensive position" (Auto-instant skill that gives him shell - protect - regen, 100% hit, costs 15 mp) (Being a mercenary taught him how to survive on a battlefield) and beatdown (The same as 1.3, but it's Ramza only and costs 10 mp) (Being reckless sometimes pays off, something that would never be taught in a normal accademy)
Chapter 4 skillset
Gets invite (Ramza is the only one able to use it, hit % increased by 5%) (The leader of an army should be able to "entice" others) and a unique skill (Ultima? I must admit I don't like it at all) that should be learnt when hit from an enemy

Discuss

Dome

Quote- Mime needs less requirements in order to be unlocked (3 geomancer, lancer, mediator, and summoner maybe?)
- Some skillset should be changed (Ninja, Archer)
Some idea for the ninja skillset:
Throw shuriken (Range 4, deals damage based on speed and PA, at 99 should deal something around 200 dmg)
Demistyfyer (Range 1, removes every positive status from the target)
Smoke bomb (4 range 3 AoE small damage skill that can miss (Magic evadable) and can inflict poison or darkness)
Some idea for the archer skillset:
Leg aim
Arm aim
Seal evil
An accurate attack that does less damage
(Mustadio should get a new skillset)
- Some class should be changed (Archer -> Hunter? Sage -> Necromancer?) and nerfed (Monk?)
Hunter should be a class focused on monsters (Should get the support skills tame and monster skill, for example
Necromancer should be a caster class focused on buffing - debuffing undead monster, should get dark holy

Discuss

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "StarScythe"I had another idea concerning improving the archer class.

That is a great skillset you dreamed up there.

MarblesX

Chrona

Silver Noble