• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:56:50 pm

A Glitch in FFTPatcher?

Started by The Damned, March 20, 2011, 01:12:45 pm

The Damned

It's something of a minor glitch, but it's more disconcerting than it should be given that I only noticed now and I have to assume that it occurred some time ago (if it hasn't always been present).

While finishing up my revisions of Malboros/Morbols, I noticed that for some reason the FFTPatcher displayed that they, quite naturally supposedly, had a Jump of 131. I've already fixed it back to the initial Jump of 3--thank you BGM--but it shows that as being a "change" rather than the correct original value. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Or if it's even always been a part of FFTPatcher that just never gets mentioned because it's so damn easy to change?

Regardless, as I aforementioned, it's a bit disconcerting to only realize this now after seeing that it didn't correct when I reloaded my patch (and briefly undid my work on Malboros), which leads me to believe that it's been like this for a while. I'm somewhat paranoid that "it" has affected other, not as noticeable stats in a similar way since it seems to be doing this from Malboros through Hydras and then skips to do the same to Steel Giant and only Steel Giant.

So...yeah?

P.S. Is it possible change the text of FFTPatcher itself? I could have sworn that I've seen it done and it would really help so very much with me changing the name of at least 75% of the abilities among many other things.

Regardless, thank you in advance and such.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RandMuadDib

Yeah you have to extract resources.zip and then edit the files within. Don't know about jump glitch though never noticed it myself. Ill take a look at it when I get home from work
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

philsov

that's not a glitch, that's just their jump value.  The 128 byte is the byte that enables them to be used as platforms/stepping stools/whatever.

(Naturally, 131 jump = 3 jump, 130 = 2, 132=4, etc)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

The Damned

*The More You Know Star goes by*

Oh. I suppose that makes sense (in both cases). I never knew that Morbols, Behemoths and Dragons could be used as a stepping stones. Probably because it literally only ever comes up in Nelveska where you have Hydras and Steel Giants already.

Out of curiosity, are you aware of what happens should Chocobo be given such a value? Mainly, I wish to know if it would infer with riding.

Regardless, thanks.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

philsov

never tried myself, but it should be easy to test.

On a guess I'd say "nothing".  If you stop on the monster you ride it.  If you step over the monster you simply pass through. 
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Stepping Stone effect doesn't let you stop on top of them, it lets you use them as a stepping stone to reach areas you couldn't normally reach.