• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 06:05:11 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ability Animation Problems (Fixed)

Started by Hisui, July 21, 2011, 06:53:49 pm

Hisui

July 21, 2011, 06:53:49 pm Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:05:08 pm by Hisui
Hi, I've been tinkering around in FFTPatcher, and I've run across an animation problem on one of my abilities. I was trying to change Mustadio's skillset by making some custom abilities for him, and it mostly succeeded, except one problem... the ability I'm having trouble with is a single target ability called Blaze Shot that just uses the Fire effect, I'm envisioning it to be like a Blaze Gun (Glacier Gun, lulz) type attack, Mustadio fires the gun, target gets a faceful of fire. Lame I know, but when I attempt to put this into action, Mustadio simply punches with his fist and the effect appears. For the animations, I simply copied the Weapon Break flags in the animation tab, and I'm sure Weapon Strike is on. I then switched Mustadio's weapon to a bow and sword, and it still uses his fist... here are some screens for you to look at.

Blaze Shot is 0CD, Biora in the screen.

Weapon Strike checked...

Blaze Shot... with a fist.

I also did a search, and I understand certain values for the animations count for weapon strikes... and I also found a fellow who had the same problem as me, but seemed to get the answer to his problems. So my real question is if it's possible? Or if I'm doing something wrong? Sorry if this has been covered before, I've only been using FFTPatcher for a short while. Thanks!

Hisui

Haha, thanks for the help guys... just kidding, I'm sure you're all pretty busy. I fixed it myself after finding out it was the formula I was using for some reason... it kept me from using the weapon strike animation. You can close this topic now, thanks.