• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 27, 2024, 09:24:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

A total noob asks a lot of questions.

Started by DaveSW, October 19, 2010, 08:06:35 am

Jon

I think Counter and Counter Magic works better. Counter Flood doesn't really make any sense to me, they are Mimes not Geomancers. Damage Split also is a fine choice, but Counter+Counter Magic just seems cooler. If you get rid of Monster Skill, just plug it as an innate on Squires or something like that.

@Philsov: Thanks for that table. It is really helpful, this will help us all in the long run! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

DaveSW

More noobish questions:

I am in the process of turning Mediators into Assassins. Several Use Hand skills aren't appearing as usable in battle, but appear in the skill list as normal.  What am I doing wrong?

What is the easiest way to increase the amount of JP enemies have to spend on skills?

Thanks.
I am awesome.

VampragonLord

do you want them to be FORCED to USE more money to acquire individual skills? or did you want them to have more jp available? more jp available, use the ENTD to bump up their "jobs available" and set it to mime/calc or something like that.
if you want their skills to COST more, use the fftpatcher to make ALL skills cost more.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Melancthon

I've always loved the idea of a Blue Mage in FFT.  Here are some suggestions for Monster Skills I'd like to see.  Listed MP costs are just estimates, obviously.

Self Destruct (Bomb Family)
1 MP

Blaster (Coerl)
18 MP

Odd Soundwave (Squidlarkin)
12 MP

Throw Spirit (Ghost Family)
10 MP

Pooh- (Uribo)
6 MP

Leaf Dance (Dryad Family)
12 MP

Ice Bracelet (Blue Dragon)
15 MP

Mimic Titan (Sacred)
18 MP

Bad Bracelet (Great Morbol)
25 MP

Bio 3 (Queklain/Apanda)
30 MP

Hurricane (Monster Skill only)
30 MP

Dark Holy (Archaic Demon)
50 MP

I think this gives you a good variety of damage and status attacks as well as ease/difficulty to acquire.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

DaveSW

Been a while, but I figure it is better to ask a new question in a an old thread then add more topics.

Spell guns.  Any way to change what 3 spells they each fire off?
I am awesome.

Eternal

Through ASM, yes.

Or, a slightly different way is to change what spells are in Fire/2/3's, Ice/2/3's, or Bolt/2/3's slots.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

DaveSW

So, a Russian roulette gun that randomly casts Cure 4, the uber buff spell that Alma has, and Death is entirely possible, just by switching the spells in those slots?  Awesome.  Oh, and congrats on winning the Admin position, I would have voted, but I am a noob here.
I am awesome.

Pride

The death spell actually won't actually use the formula correctly (it'll do damage like 100*WP) and, further, magic funs cannot use status magic.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

DaveSW

Oh.  Damn.  Will cure still work correctly?  100 *WP would still be instant death on anything it hits though...  I figured it wouldn't ever miss, so that is just as broken.
I am awesome.

Pride

I'm not certain about cure... I've never tested it.

DaveSW

Ok... So, any way to raise a monster's Magic Evade?  Would forcing monsters to equip mantles work?

Also, I was thinking of creating a FAQ that would answer all of these basic questions.  Would that be a good idea, or just a waste of time?
I am awesome.

Pride

Yeah the only way to increase the magic evade would be to force a mantle on them through the entd which they would lose at the end of the battle.

I think creating a faq is always a good thing to help out users that are looking for answer, though, a search on the forums would generally answer most of the basic questions.

DaveSW

Ok, so what determines which piece of equipment gets targeted with break skills?
I am awesome.

Pride

The spots are hardcoded, you can only,correctly, use the ones that were originally the break skills. I believe (I haven't tested) if you use a slot outside of the original ones, it won't do anything and will display a 00% chance of doing something.

DaveSW

I did some testing, looks like all break skills can share both break formulas. Changing one to the other works just fine.
I am awesome.