• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:41:01 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on May 22, 2018, 12:14:24 am
I didn't really had a bad time at it but the Green Mages in the "Green Dominion" Quest did seem to have used it a lot but it did prolong the battle.

Yup, it get's better when enemies start using Hi-Potions and Secondary abilities they didn't have before.  :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

BearPRIME

Hey Zeke,

I'm just trying out your mod and haven't gotten very far, but its pretty sweet!  GREAT JOB!

I was curious about how you went and added another gria job.  I have tried changing an existing human job into one for another race but I cant seem to get the abilities to transfer over.  I basically changed the hex in the job data to be for a different race with the same skillset, and then I changed all the skills in that skill set to be learn-able by the new race instead of the old one. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: BearPRIME on May 25, 2018, 10:55:29 am
Hey Zeke,

I'm just trying out your mod and haven't gotten very far, but its pretty sweet!  GREAT JOB!

I was curious about how you went and added another gria job.  I have tried changing an existing human job into one for another race but I cant seem to get the abilities to transfer over.  I basically changed the hex in the job data to be for a different race with the same skillset, and then I changed all the skills in that skill set to be learn-able by the new race instead of the old one. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Uh, it was pretty simple well to me, But you did everything correct though; however, you needed to make sure that the "AP" hexes for the Race you want to have a new job is empty/available for that race.

So pretty much the order would be this:

• Changing the job index in the hex editor.

• Change the hexes for the learnable AP(You'll need to write down all the available "Learnable AP Hexes that free for your race")

• Before doing so, make sure the abilities are on the skillset for that job to use, i recommend using "Lennart's job editor to set set the skillset for that job."

• Then use "DeSgeretin's command list editor to set the skills in that list correctly in order.

• You'll need to assign them these "Learnable AP hexes" slots, if the slots still show you can't learn the abilities for that job.

• If there's abilities you can't learn still, cross out the "Learnable AP Hexes" that didn't work for that race and then use new ones that you wrote down, so repeat steps 2 and 5.

• If all the abilities show up the way you want too, make sure to edit the AP values for them, (The AP they need to master the abilities), you'll have to go through other races jobs to make sure you didn't accidentally change their AP hexes and fix those "AP mastered hex values"

For example, a learnable AP hexes list that i wrote down to use for the Gria would be this:

The AP they currently use for their jobs:

43 - Sonic Boom
55 - Oust
50 - Advice
4D - Vitals Shot
47 - Hunting
3C - Counter Force
3A - Ultima Shot
3E - Sidewinder
45 - Bulwark
46 - Power Crush
49 - Mind Crush
41 - Speed Crush
42 - Soul Crush
44 - Cyclone
3F - Shield Bash
4B - Whirlwind
52 - En Garde
4C - Battle Cry
3B - Over Power
56 - Tenacity
3D - Full Assault
57 - Sneak Attack
54 - Sweeping Spin
51 - Blast Wave
40 - Shining Flare
48 - Venom Squall
39 - Avalanche
4A - Mist Storm
4F - Nature's Embrace
4E - Artifice's Embrace
53 - Life's Embrace
58 - Earth's Embrace
97 - Gil Transmute

Free Learnable AP hexes i wrote down blank ones are ones i haven't tested yet:

73 -
BC -
6E -
94 -
95 -

Ones i used that was empty for that Race:

87 - War Cry
88 - Hammer Stun
92 - Hammer Crush
76 - Hammer Smash
7C - Hammer Force
64 - Hammer Wave
9E - Shatter
9A - Shield Toss
9C - Shield Charge
9F - Hammer Down
71 - Dash
98 - Piercing Cry

So once i've found the empty "Learnable AP Hexes", i then just needed to adjust the Mastered AP values, the order the skills would show up in the game/mod, and then add the abilities to weapons for that/the job so they can equip and learn the abilities from.

Here's a list for the "AP Abilities Mastered Hexes" to help for ability mastering.

BearPRIME

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on May 25, 2018, 01:41:05 pm
Uh, it was pretty simple well to me, But you did everything correct though; however, you needed to make sure that the "AP" hexes for the Race you want to have a new job is empty/available for that race.

So pretty much the order would be this:

• Changing the job index in the hex editor.

• Change the hexes for the learnable AP(You'll need to write down all the available "Learnable AP Hexes that free for your race")

• Before doing so, make sure the abilities are on the skillset for that job to use, i recommend using "Lennart's job editor to set set the skillset for that job."

• Then use "DeSgeretin's command list editor to set the skills in that list correctly in order.

• You'll need to assign them these "Learnable AP hexes" slots, if the slots still show you can't learn the abilities for that job.

• If there's abilities you can't learn still, cross out the "Learnable AP Hexes" that didn't work for that race and then use new ones that you wrote down, so repeat steps 2 and 5.

• If all the abilities show up the way you want too, make sure to edit the AP values for them, (The AP they need to master the abilities), you'll have to go through other races jobs to make sure you didn't accidentally change their AP hexes and fix those "AP mastered hex values"

For example, a learnable AP hexes list that i wrote down to use for the Gria would be this:

The AP they currently use for their jobs:

43 - Sonic Boom
55 - Oust
50 - Advice
4D - Vitals Shot
47 - Hunting
3C - Counter Force
3A - Ultima Shot
3E - Sidewinder
45 - Bulwark
46 - Power Crush
49 - Mind Crush
41 - Speed Crush
42 - Soul Crush
44 - Cyclone
3F - Shield Bash
4B - Whirlwind
52 - En Garde
4C - Battle Cry
3B - Over Power
56 - Tenacity
3D - Full Assault
57 - Sneak Attack
54 - Sweeping Spin
51 - Blast Wave
40 - Shining Flare
48 - Venom Squall
39 - Avalanche
4A - Mist Storm
4F - Nature's Embrace
4E - Artifice's Embrace
53 - Life's Embrace
58 - Earth's Embrace
97 - Gil Transmute

Free Learnable AP hexes i wrote down blank ones are ones i haven't tested yet:

73 -
BC -
6E -
94 -
95 -

Ones i used that was empty for that Race:

87 - War Cry
88 - Hammer Stun
92 - Hammer Crush
76 - Hammer Smash
7C - Hammer Force
64 - Hammer Wave
9E - Shatter
9A - Shield Toss
9C - Shield Charge
9F - Hammer Down
71 - Dash
98 - Piercing Cry

So once i've found the empty "Learnable AP Hexes", i then just needed to adjust the Mastered AP values, the order the skills would show up in the game/mod, and then add the abilities to weapons for that/the job so they can equip and learn the abilities from.

Here's a list for the "AP Abilities Mastered Hexes" to help for ability mastering.

Legend! I will give it a try!

Zeke_Aileron

DeSgeretjin

The healing on ultima flask doesn't work because you set the accuracy to perfect on hit, your transmutes also seems to lack some kind of targeting flag so those don't work either.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 25, 2018, 09:34:33 pm
The healing on ultima flask doesn't work because you set the accuracy to perfect on hit, your transmutes also seems to lack some kind of targeting flag so those don't work either.

That's strange, they should work, the accuracy is set as that because the initial effect of doing damage to a Foe has to happen, so if the flask misses any foe, no one gets healed and or debuffs removed.

For the Transmute abilities, the Foes have to be in "HP Critical" for the targeting flag to show up, they worked on my side as well, I tested them all out before releasing the mod, hmm i'll have to check through them when i'm able too since i'm currently busy with irl stuff again.

DeSgeretjin

The accuracy is done per unit.

I tried the transmute on hp critical foe, just after the ultima flask dealt 90% hp dmg.
But what happens is that it won't let me target any of them.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 26, 2018, 09:05:21 pm
The accuracy is done per unit.

I tried the transmute on hp critical foe, just after the ultima flask dealt 90% hp dmg.
But what happens is that it won't let me target any of them.

Ok, that's strange, it worked the first time i tested the mod before releasing that version, i'm currently in the middle of fixing that and Ultima Flask was fixed as well; however, the patch release won't go up for a day or so, since irl stuff and work.

BearPRIME

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on May 25, 2018, 02:06:09 pm
If it works out, you're welcome.

I think I'm doing something wrong because i wet through 00-AF and couldn't find a proper unused ap value for a new gria unit (no abilities can be learned).  I'm trying to change the illusion skill set for human into gria, unsure whether this matters or not.

I also want to double check when that all i need to change for the job is the hex for race.

thanks for your help!

chocolatemoose

I started playing the mod with a brand new game and came across what appears to be a game-breaking bug: after the story mission in the Rupie Mountains, to proceed with the plot you have to visit Grazston and then Moorabella for cutscenes. Visiting Grazston triggers that cutscene fine, but when I enter Moorabella (the town, not the region), the screen goes black and the game appears to freeze. Anyone else have this problem? It's happened a few times in a row. I'm using Drastic on Android.

One other thing: the Pearls in the Deep story mission, which is (relatively speaking) one of the more difficult ones in vanilla, was really easy here because the boss seemed to skip close to half of its turns (just wait without taking any actions). Did anyone else notice that?

Thanks for the mod! I'm hoping to play it through further before giving more detailed feedback on it.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: chocolatemoose on May 27, 2018, 04:49:17 pm
I started playing the mod with a brand new game and came across what appears to be a game-breaking bug: after the story mission in the Rupie Mountains, to proceed with the plot you have to visit Grazston and then Moorabella for cutscenes. Visiting Grazston triggers that cutscene fine, but when I enter Moorabella (the town, not the region), the screen goes black and the game appears to freeze. Anyone else have this problem? It's happened a few times in a row. I'm using Drastic on Android.

One other thing: the Pearls in the Deep story mission, which is (relatively speaking) one of the more difficult ones in vanilla, was really easy here because the boss seemed to skip close to half of its turns (just wait without taking any actions). Did anyone else notice that?

Thanks for the mod! I'm hoping to play it through further before giving more detailed feedback on it.

I've never experienced that bug before, hmm...

Oh yeah the bosses tend to not do much when they don't have the MP required for their moves, i'm planning on doing a overhaul for the bosses, and for some of the side-quest bosses as well to make them a bit more of a fight to do, and thank you for playing the mod.  :)

R000ster

For the next mod, can you include some way to verify our patch version in-game?

I'm still experiencing the blank textbox with the Gria unit after patching .91 on a blank rom and renaming my existing save data files and states to work with the new rom. Want to be able to confirm somehow through some change or otherwise that a renamed rom file was properly patched to continue my existing game from .90. Hope that makes sense.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on May 29, 2018, 02:58:56 am
For the next mod, can you include some way to verify our patch version in-game?

I'm still experiencing the blank textbox with the Gria unit after patching .91 on a blank rom and renaming my existing save data files and states to work with the new rom. Want to be able to confirm somehow through some change or otherwise that a renamed rom file was properly patched to continue my existing game from .90. Hope that makes sense.

Unfortunately, i don't know how to do that, but the issue is fixed in the 0.91 release though, Depending on how far you are in the game.

If you're still around the first 20-25 quests in the game, i recommend starting over a new file in the 0.91 version to get the Gria unit to have her dialogue updated since it doesn't work on pre-existing units before the patch(sorry about this, but it's the only and last patch you need to fully fix her), every patch afterwards is going to be quest adjustments, ability changes, and Engineer getting a full rework, and i'm also planning on doing cross job abilities.

Like for example, the Juggler can use the Rogue's Cloak and or Quick Blow abilities in their own job ability set, But the job can't learn them on it's own, this way you can use jobs you rarely want to use just for action ability setting, and it'll make sense to why these particular abilities/skills would be in that job's ability list, this would be something to help out the player if they like having certain job classes, but don't have the abilities they need to help in the fights.

R000ster

Thanks. For what it's worth, I love the mod. I'll just restart.

One thing I've noticed in a few missions is weird behavior with specifically Warrior Bangaa. First time I ran into this was I believe the Dragoon mission. One of the Bangaa ONLY uses First Aid, and usually moves and passes his turn if he can't even with my units in range. I've only saw him attack once; did you get so in-depth with the AI that they will sometime move and pass the turn to gain the MP to use their abilities quicker?

Zeke_Aileron

May 29, 2018, 01:11:24 pm #155 Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:21:57 pm by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: R000ster on May 29, 2018, 12:13:49 pm
Thanks. For what it's worth, I love the mod. I'll just restart.

One thing I've noticed in a few missions is weird behavior with specifically Warrior Bangaa. First time I ran into this was I believe the Dragoon mission. One of the Bangaa ONLY uses First Aid, and usually moves and passes his turn if he can't even with my units in range. I've only saw him attack once; did you get so in-depth with the AI that they will sometime move and pass the turn to gain the MP to use their abilities quicker?

Early on the AI will rely on healing abilities like First Aid, and Potions if they get hurt for small scratches which is pretty funny, i like it cause it let's the player learn new patterns to deal with for AI enemies they fought in Vanilla FFTA2, but they'll do different stuff in this mod, if they don't have debuffs or need healing of any kind, the AI will pass their turn to gain MP instead of doing something to reduce their turn timers for their next turn to do better actions if needed, halfway through you should notice enemies using Hi-Potions, Ethers and Rend Skills to your units, i changed a few of the Blade Enchanter's abilities, fixed some missing text, redid the Transmutes and a few of the flasks abilities that wasn't working as intended for the Alchemist.

Also i'm planning on making a Scion Summon ability onto Luso's custom accessory to give him more options to use while he's still in his Tactician Job.

I technically wanted to make it in a way that Luso's Accessory got stronger throughout the story, for example it's starting stats would've been:

Move: +0
Jump: +0
Evasion: +1
Speed: +0
Attack: +2
Defense: +2
Magick: +2
Resistance: +2

Ignis wouldn't be learned from this one, but the next one would let you learn Ignis.

and then the final version of it would be exactly as it currently is:

Move: +1
Jump: +1
Evasion: +5
Speed: +0
Attack: +11
Defense: +10
Magick: +11
Resistance: +10

Tactician's Ultima learnable from it.
Custom Scion Summon Ability on it.

So this way his accessory would change throughout the story missions, when i'm able to look through on how to do this, i'll definitely make this happen to make Luso's custom job much more viable in terms of the free stats that his accessory gives him.

DeSgeretjin

The easiest way to do that would probably be to make multiple versions of the accessory then add those to the mission rewards of certain story missions.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 30, 2018, 05:05:24 am
The easiest way to do that would probably be to make multiple versions of the accessory then add those to the mission rewards of certain story missions.

I wish i could do that, but hex editing mission rewards is confusing compared to hex editing all the other stuff, and i haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

Also have you checked your private messages, i sent you a message asking about something if you have the time to reply to that?

R000ster

May 30, 2018, 10:00:47 pm #158 Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:24:48 am by Zeke_Aileron
Can the "25% Quicken Rate" on Media and other skills be doublechecked?

It is very rare that I don't string together at least 2 consecutive heals, and my record is 9 in a row with an average of about 3-4 in a row. As much as I love healing critical units to full from basically one unit spamming Media back to back every time a turn comes around, and understanding that probability states these occurrences aren't TOTALLY impossible, it just doesn't feel right.

First Edit:
Ran into a weird issue today where Luso had his unique book equipped along with a Short Sword. I had done some job changing and believe I may have equipped his book first, then the sword; in the following mission, Luso had 0 attack range. He couldn't attack adjacent units with a regular attack.

Second Edit:
As a followup to prior post: Could still target normally with Ignis.

Additionally, Luso had an opportunity attack during the mission. I moved in position to use Flurry. The first swing was with the book; there was no damage done or indication it had connected, then the sword was swung and did the normal two hits for Flurry, when I wouldve expected 4 (2 per weapon.)

Sounds like when the book is primary, Lusos attacks are weird? Was this already known?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on May 30, 2018, 10:00:47 pm
Can the "25% Quicken Rate" on Media and other skills be doublechecked?

It is very rare that I don't string together at least 2 consecutive heals, and my record is 9 in a row with an average of about 3-4 in a row. As much as I love healing critical units to full from basically one unit spamming Media back to back every time a turn comes around, and understanding that probability states these occurrences aren't TOTALLY impossible, it just doesn't feel right.

It's an interesting saving grace mechanic since the AI can do the same thing, but not as much as the player lol.

Also 9 in a row, nice, also this is slightly nerfed for the White Mage since they have innate half-damage from Holy element which makes heals on themselves really low compared to healing other units which is to balance the Quicken chance if you try to spam heal the White Mage them-self, plus it's supposed to mimic XCOM's Medkit where the Support/Specialist would use their heal ability more than once per turn, sadly there's no way to make a hard cap for the Quicken chance limit lol, so the 25% Chance is there, and getting 1/4 of a chance is pretty good in terms of a Free Action considering the AI monsters have abilities that "Ignore Defense" and if they end up behind a unit and use said ability, well that unit is probably going to suffer..., or what Phil Swift says. That's a lot of Damage.

Quote from: R000ster on May 31, 2018, 03:13:51 am
Ran into a weird issue today where Luso had his unique book equipped along with a Short Sword. I had done some job changing and believe I may have equipped his book first, then the sword; in the following mission, Luso had 0 attack range. He couldn't attack adjacent units with a regular attack.

Quote from: R000ster on May 31, 2018, 03:22:33 am
As a followup to prior post: Could still target normally with Ignis.

Additionally, Luso had an opportunity attack during the mission. I moved in position to use Flurry. The first swing was with the book; there was no damage done or indication it had connected, then the sword was swung and did the normal two hits for Flurry, when I wouldve expected 4 (2 per weapon.)

Sounds like when the book is primary, Lusos attacks are weird? Was this already known?

Yes the bug is known since you always want to equip his accessory equipment almost last on his equipment list to make sure it doesn't happen, it's something that can't be fixed since the Book he has is technically a "Saber" weapon type, but is an accessory at the same time as well.