• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Game Engine in XNA

Started by Vasago, October 21, 2010, 11:58:30 am

Vasago

If any of you brave souls would be so inclined to work on a Final Fantasy Tactics Game Engine in C# using XNA, I would be interested in speaking with you. I've been searching the net for the past week in hopes of locating something worth looking at, but I am at a loss. You would think that more people would be interested in a project like this. I will go as far as to say that I want to see an exact clone of the PSX version in C# as a base point for moving forward.

- Vasago  :wink:

Jon

That does seem like an interesting idea, but what purpose would it serve? Here on FFH we hack the cd iso itself directly, why make so much pointless work? C'mon dude, write the entire games code in C# language? Are you kidding? I tried doing something similar to that in Byond language and I didn't get anywhere after 6 months. 6! To rewrite the entire game as C would take years if only 1 person did it, and I doubt a team is going to form and just make this project happen. I am sorry, but be realistic, just hack the game with the tools provided on the site.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Archael

Quote from: "Vasago"I want to see an exact clone of the PSX version in C# as a base point for moving forward.

Why don't you do it?

Mari

I don't really see any point in doing this, to be honest.
Sure it'd help with learning some things and we might be able to do some extra stuff to it.

But we'll eventually be able to do that fine right on the disc.
Besides, you can't play a C game on your psx or ps2.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Jon

Yeah! If you ever dare post something so demanding again-
-well look for yourself what Zodiac did to the last guy:
[attachment=0:1u7uynei]darth vader.png[/attachment:1u7uynei]
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Vasago

That's too bad, I was hoping to hire some people to help with the project. Let me know if you change your mind.

Archael

Quote from: "Vasago"That's too bad, I was hoping to hire some people to help with the project. Let me know if you change your mind.

"hiring" someone means paying them money to do a job

you weren't hiring, you were looking to see if you could get someone to do what you wanted for you. as seen here:

QuoteI want to see an exact clone of the PSX version in C# as a base point for moving forward.

that sounds like an order you would give to an employee, except no one is going to do that for free

pay me 20 / an hour and I'll consider it

Vasago

How long do you think it would take you? I have no problem paying for a job well done.

Dome

October 24, 2010, 03:06:38 pm #8 Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:26:50 am by Dome
Quote from: "Vasago"How long do you think it would take you? I have no problem paying for a job well done.
For 20 US dollars/hour I'm willing to learn from scratch whatever program you want and do whatever you want with it
LOL

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Samuraiblackbelt

Quote from: "Dome"
Quote from: "Vasago"How long do you think it would take you? I have no problem paying for a job well done.
For 20 dollars/hour I'm willing to learn from scratch whatever program you want and do whatever you want with it
LOL

EDIT: WAIT! US dollars only, I dun want anything that ain't worth shit
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Dome

Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"
Quote from: "Dome"
For 20 dollars/hour I'm willing to learn from scratch whatever program you want and do whatever you want with it
LOL

EDIT: WAIT! US dollars only, I dun want anything that ain't worth shit
Yeah, fixed

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"