• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 05:39:39 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Fangame] Megaman Powered Down

Started by Vanya, October 16, 2008, 11:49:11 pm

Vanya

He will have other abilities. In the original game "Super Arm" only let Megaman pick up these big blocks scattered around the stages and throw them. The rocks woulds shatter into 4 smaller blocks on impact with anything and the smaller ones would fly off in the direction the rock was thrown. As Megaman, you'll be able to punch the rocks to make them shatter into the 4 smaller blocks. Plus since Gutsman can make earthquakes when he jumps, Megaman will be able to make earthquakes by punching the ground. When you play as Gutsman in the PSP version he actually creates the big rocks by pulling them up from the ground which doesn't make a lot of sense since they always look the same no matter what the stage graphics are. I'll still let him do that, but they'll match the stage graphics sort how that junk vacuuming weapon in MMX2 did. Megaman will be able to do this too, but he'll only pull up the smaller sized rocks which he can then throw.
There are a couple more thing that Gutsman can do in the PSP which only he will be able to do in mine. He can place the large rocks back on the ground to build platforms to reach higher places or place them over spikes so he can walk over them. Also, he can break weak blocks by smashing them with his head sorta like the way Mario does.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

Good news for PSP owners. There are some interesting things going on with GameMaker that will eventually allow you guys to play MMPD on a PSP!
This is all legit, too. No need to mod your PSP.
Check it out:
http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=762
¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

QuoteHe will have other abilities. In the original game "Super Arm" only let Megaman pick up these big blocks scattered around the stages and throw them. The rocks woulds shatter into 4 smaller blocks on impact with anything and the smaller ones would fly off in the direction the rock was thrown. As Megaman, you'll be able to punch the rocks to make them shatter into the 4 smaller blocks. Plus since Gutsman can make earthquakes when he jumps, Megaman will be able to make earthquakes by punching the ground. When you play as Gutsman in the PSP version he actually creates the big rocks by pulling them up from the ground which doesn't make a lot of sense since they always look the same no matter what the stage graphics are. I'll still let him do that, but they'll match the stage graphics sort how that junk vacuuming weapon in MMX2 did. Megaman will be able to do this too, but he'll only pull up the smaller sized rocks which he can then throw.
There are a couple more thing that Gutsman can do in the PSP which only he will be able to do in mine. He can place the large rocks back on the ground to build platforms to reach higher places or place them over spikes so he can walk over them. Also, he can break weak blocks by smashing them with his head sorta like the way Mario does.

Guess thats awsered my question about the *Enemy on the cliff* problem.  :mrgreen: )
Not really needed yet but Gutsman is just kickass for my view.

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

Yeah nice...most of em looks very good.
But i don't like the purple color for Timeman personally. I think he will be more fiting being blue istend.
(Idk what game he is in,but if he is actually purple in the game nevermind.) (Will probably be my less favorite if he keep this color.)

Other i am not hot about is Pickelman,he should be the smallest playable character, he is usally 1/2 of megaman size in normal game. (But this is just a personal taste so don't mind too much about it.)

Wow...i like the looks of Gutsman...alot!
His large size will probably make it harder for him to avord hits...but i don't really mind personally. He is just...GrEaT looking! (So badass!)
I aslo like the Oilman one.
Cutsman made me *lol* after seeing his head xD.

Nicely done.

Say i got a question : Is larger/slower characters gonna get more defences that normal form attacks and smaller/faster ones will take a bit more damage that normal? Probably not but i'd ask anyway.

Vanya

Thanks. ^_^
Yeah, Timeman is purple. He's from Megaman Powered Up. He and Oilman were the 2 extra Robot Masters added to the game to round out the roster.
I think you are confusing Pickelman for Metool/Metaur. Pickelman has always been Megaman's size.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Eternal

Nice to see things coming along, Vanya.

I'm not a huge fan of the Megaman series, but I might just have to give this a try when you release it- it looks like you've put a lot of work into it. ^_^
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Vanya

Thanks. I have been working pretty hard on it.
I hope you enjoy it when it's done. ^_^

Now I need a little assistance which of these looks best?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

I vote for palette option #1.

Palette #3 is too light, and #2 doesn't have enough contrast
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Vanya

That's been pretty much the choice across the board.
My only concern is that he looks a bit funky against a black background.

How about these?
It uses a shade of dark gray that Capcom basically made up for MM9 & 10 that the NES didn't have.

¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

Just spent all last night optimizing the code that drives the menu system. Also updated some graphics:

New WIP 8bit-ish Capcom Logo:

Title Screen with 'good' Megaman Head for a more classic feel:

(Plus it didn't make sense to use the 'evil' Megaman face which is now going to be used for 'Megaman?'.)

I fixed up the GAME MENU screen to match up with the NEW GAME screen:
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

Quite good vanya.
Do you mind telling me where this one came form and his story if he got one?
Id like to know a bit more about QUINT  :wink:

Tigerspike

Quint is an evil version of Mega Man from the future--Dr. Wily brought him back in time (I think) to battle against the current Mega Man.  He appeared in one of the Gameboy games.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Vanya

That's more or less right, Tigerspike.

SolidSnakeDog, you can read all about Quint here:
http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Quint
¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

*Cliking on link* I see, quite an interesting character indeed!
Tx for the info.

Archael

Vanya

Final, fully functional stage select menu:
¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

Nice! Thats means that you gonna start making the levels soon right?
I will help you test em if you want to.