• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:17:00 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ANNOUNCEMENT: FFHacktics Winter Sprite Contest 2009!!

Started by Vanya, December 02, 2009, 11:15:17 am

Kagebunji

I said that my entry won't be anything special I did it in rush, so I'm not surprised to be soo low :D
And PX said:
QuoteCreative: Recolor + Fangs, you get some points
I would give some points too, but every other sprite have recolors and some custom parts :/

I will stop my comments here, cause if I will go further, it might end bad. But srsly, someone should wear glasses, no offense at all.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SilvasRuin

I believe its back was edited too...  There was more removed and palette edited than there was added though.  The changes weren't as drastic as the others', which is supported by the fact that clearly not everyone noticed all of them.  It is a great edit, but it isn't Christmasy or special (beyond being Zodiac).

I'm pretty sure Zodiac would get rather tired of all the ass kissing anyways.  Ever see The 10th Kingdom?  Wishing someone's family would kiss your ass isn't all that great an idea, and having tons of people on the internet doing it is surely even worse.

PX_Timefordeath

QuoteWINTER SPRITE CONTEST[/size]

Also, does the Icy demon deserve such compliments just because he put it in the Ice4/Clops animation? If those counted, I'm sure it broke the 16 color limit somewhere. I simply like the Sabertooth more than the demon.

jimmyjw88

Haha. Px is right. I put those images just to make it look bit epic. So don't include those as my submission. Just that icy blob/glacier. ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Yeah Px it is winter contest, and? As far as I am concerned, every sprite submitted has some connections to winter...

SilvasRuin

I considered putting a note in there to feel free to drop the demon out of my rankings, but ultimately decided to just leave it.  The nutcracker wins for me even of the demon doesn't count, and I didn't figure it would change who won since winners are only counted once.

Vanya

I was happy with all the entries. So... who won? I'm too damn lazy right now to calculate it myself.
If you guys really want it we can do a Valantine's contest. I was gonna do one last year, but I got bit by the lazy bug big time.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

If I calculated correctly, Jimmy and his nutgrandpa won. I dunno how you calculate it though, there is probably some godly technique for calculating this :P

cold52

Quote from: "Kagebunji"If I calculated correctly, Jimmy and his nutgrandpa won. I dunno how you calculate it though, there is probably some St. Ajora technique for calculating this :)

dwib

I think I got 3rd with the penguin? Since jimmy can't earn 2 places in the rankings, otherwise the icy demon would have beaten me out

Vanya

The scoring is simple.
The Judges' ranks = score at a 1-1 ratio.
Combine all rank scores for final scores.
In case of a tie, the Judgemagister ranks the tied entries.

I really like the idea of a "Chinese New Valetine" contest. It would make for some interesting entries.
OK, I'll go ahead and post it tomorrow with the due date being Valentine's/Chinese New Year's day.
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

Hmm...how are we going to submit? One sprite for Valentine and another for Chinese?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SilvasRuin

I would favor either/or/and.  That is to say do whatever the heck you want as long as it fits at least one of them.

Why?  Because there might be some rather nutty stuff made to fit both of them.

Vanya

I like the idea of having "nutty stuff" that includes both themes. So I call for both together.
¯\(°_0)/¯

dwib

1. Jimmyw88 with Nutcracker (10+11+9 = 30)
2. Cold52 with Behemoth Rudolph (9+9+11 = 29)
3. Jimmyjw88 with Icy Demon (11+7+10 = 28)
jimmy can't win twice :(
3. dwib with Holiday Penguin (8+10+7 = 25)

yay holidays

mav

Many thanks for that, Dwib, and congratulations to all the winners.

Chinese Valentine is gonna be wicked.

jimmyjw88

Ah, I won? Wow...I can't really believe it. Haha. Thank you thank you ^^

Vanya

Congrats to the winners & my thanks to all the participants!
Dwib gets a special award for going above and beyond.
See you guys at the next one! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

Sorry to ask this but did we win anything? Just wondering. ^@^