• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Celdia

"Your enthusiasm is quite refreshing, though I will note that I'm not asking you to kill anyone. Admittedly though, I won't lose any sleep over it should matters come to that end." Once again, Xavier reaches into his satchel and produces more sketches for you to look over, this time of various objects on strange design. "Here are some schematics of the few apparatuses I have yet to reclaim. I will leave these copies with you as well as those pictures of the thieves. You'll forgive me if I can be only so generous with an advance payment, but my master - and by the extension of his will, myself as well - are interested in paying only for results and not for attempts. I would be willing to give you a hundred gold pieces as a gesture of good faith for accepting my request. Should you recover any or all of the apparatuses, I am willing to pay you one thousand gold coins to each of you, per object recovered. As I said, these are considered to be of great value to my master and their recovery, intact preferably, is of the utmost importance."
          Looking over the sheets, you can count that there are only four of the magical creations to find. The notes detail them as follows: a staff made of blue-tinted ceramic, about 4 and a half feet long with a clear, sharp-edged crystal set into one end of it; a glass globe that glows blue-green and appears to contain a swirling mist. Its about the size of a small melon; a silver astrolabe with irregular crystals set into its surface, about the size of a dinner plate; and finally, a wooden statuette of a soldier with posable joints and a small steel spear held in one hand. It is roughly 12 inches tall.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

EmmaNigma

Continuing her trend of ignoring that which she doesn't want to see or hear, Hogarth eagerly accepts the job. "Aye, stranger, you have a deal. We will get these things and deal with the dishonorable thieves!" She rattles her pelt and axe-belt in confirmation.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Kalas

"Anything extra we should know about these thieves?" Nathalie asked, examining the sketches of the goblins, "I'd rather not go in blind."

Celdia

Xavier frowns slightly, the tone of his voice dropping a bit as he speaks. "I suppose that depends on how much you know about goblins. They can be a nasty, foul lot, making their homes in caves and warrens unfit for civilized creatures. They are cruel, ruthless and gather in great numbers because they mate and reproduce in such a way that would embarrass a rabbit." With a slight shake of the head, his previous calm overcomes him and he continues. "I've located what I believe to be where they have gone into hiding. It is a cave in the marshes West and South from here, maybe two days travel on foot." As he says this, Xavier reaches into the satchel once more and pulls out a map that is far too large to possibly fit inside the container. He unrolls a portion of it and you can see notations pointing out the location of the marsh cave in relation to Tevinar. "While I wish I could part with this map to aid you, I'm afraid I cannot. You are welcome to study it and make your own copies as necessary though. Also, I do have this which I can loan you to aid in your quest." Once more he reaches into the very-probably magic satchel and produces a fine bone wand, looking to Yvonne as he places it on the table. "I believe your talents will be sufficient in making use of this tool. I will require it back after you've completed the task at hand, though. I will instruct you on its use before I take my leave."

st4rw4k3r

Elia asks the Innkeeper lady for Paper and charcoal. Elia begins drawing a copy of the map.

Kalas

"Somebody draw this! I have the artistic genius of a mentally deranged ogre," She ordered, trying to memorize the map as it were anyways, "Well, at least there will be plenty of goblins to see and 'befriend' along the way." Nathalie cracked the knuckles in her hands and stood up from the table, pleating out her clothes as if to fix them.

"If anyone knows where Rhy is, I'll be glad to pick him up," She explained, "I need a more suitable outfit than this as well.."

Ryqoshay

"Pretty..." Yvonne says, mesmerized by the wand before her. "Wha'sit do?"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

st4rw4k3r

"I think he left to do errands." replies Elia, trying to focus on what she is drawing.

Kalas

"Oh that reminds me!" She shouted, returning to the table to find many empty plates, "Where..did I eat ALL of that?" Nathalie stood with a gaping mouth for a few moments before walking away and shaking her head in disbelief. She walked out to the lobby of the inn, wondering where Rhyhorn was. She remembered something about the mage guild, so decided that was as good a place as any to start.

"See you all tonight!" She called, and was never seen of againand walked gingerly out of the door to the mage guild. When she was looking around, nothing seemed to jog her memory until she came across a man talking about his armor being enchanted. With that, Nathalie rushed over to wherever that happens.

It took her a few minutes.

EmmaNigma

"Just let me know when Rhyhorn says he'll do it. I'll be at the marketplace, for I have business to attend to." This time, it totally is not to buy apples to throw at things. Hogarth is paranoid that the fruit merchant is on to her. No, this time she seeks weapons and items.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Celdia

Xavier takes a few moments to instruct Yvonne on how to make use of the Wand of Locate Object, finally warning that its power would not last forever and that she should use it sparingly. He also hands over a small pouch of coins, presumably containing the previously mentioned 100gp. "You all have my thanks for accepting this job. I shall check back here each day for word of your return and in hopes of a positive result. I wish you luck and speed in your endeavors."

st4rw4k3r

Elia hands Xavier the original copy of the map that she copied. "And if we were all to have our answers before then, where could we meet you, if at all?"

Ryqoshay

Yvonne accepts the pouch and drops an inch from where she was hovering. "Vendrid's wrath, why don' people use platinum more often?"

st4rw4k3r

Celdia

"Sadly, my work will be taking me frequently out of the city and back again and I don't know when I will be available, nor where I will be staying on any given night. Just be certain that I will do my best to check back here. Now, if you'll excuse me," he stands up and re-rolls the map scroll, sliding it back into his satchel, "I really must be off."

EmmaNigma

Hogarth, meanwhile, finds she has all she needs. Nothing matches the greatness of her greatnessaxe. She plods along, noticing the fruit vendor giving her the Evil Eye, and she hurries past and finds a different cart to buy vegetables from. She hands the vendor 1 gold for an armful of tomatoes, which she carefully puts in her sack. Rather than repeat her offense against the mage's guild, she decides to head towards the chapel district to throw them at places which refuse to honor her confusing amount of gods.

Ryqoshay

"I like that Mr. Xavier guy." Yvonne says, stowing her magic missile wand and playing with her new bone wand instead.

st4rw4k3r

"I do too. Its refreshing to see one who hasn't forgotten what manners are."

Ryqoshay

"Le's go get Rhyhorn an' Xun and get goin'!" Yvonne bounces in the air excitedly. "Those treasures mus' be magical if they're worth tha' much, I gotta see 'em!" Without waiting for reply or consent, she drops a silver coin on the table before flying off to find Rhyhorn.

st4rw4k3r

Elia laughs. "Indeed. But Nathalie went to go find Rhyhorn, so that leaves Xun." She stops to ponder for a second. "You know, I do not believe I saw him come to the Inn after the Mage Guild..."