• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 03:37:59 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Ryqoshay

"It's bacon!" Yvonne proclaims proudly. "I love bacon!" She looks up at the server who had brought the bacon earlier. "I love you!" she says happily. "I love bacon! I love you! I love bacon!"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

st4rw4k3r

"Oh! Jakar! Sorry this waffles seem to be too strong to think around. Must eat them." says Elia, before filling her face with waffle.

Celdia

The front door to the inn opens, filling the room with early morning sunlight and outlining a tall, thin figure in the doorframe with an aura that nearly seems to sparkle. As he enters and the door closes behind him - for it is most certainly a him, standing at over six feet in height with a very wiry build - you momentarily think he is human until you notice why he appeared to sparkle; its because he in fact was. The newcomer is a maenad, roughly humanoid in appearance but differing by having naturally occurring flecks of psicrystal - a kind of amplifying material for psionic powers - growing in their bodies and noticeably visible in the skin.
         He scans the room for a bit, as if looking for someone or something specific, giving you time to look him over while his eyes adjust to the dimmer light of the common room. He has long, dark brown hair tied back in a series of tight braids and his eyes are nearly the same hue. His slightly tanned skin would make him almost completely non-descript if it didn't glitter in bright light.
         After a long moment, his eyes alight on your table and he begins to approach with a brisk pace that seems to exude efficiency and self-control. He stops about three paces away from the table, waiting for a pause in the chatter between you all before he clears his throat and bows his head just a tiny bit. "Excuse me, ladies. My name is Xavier Charsson. I apologize for interrupting your breakfast, but there is a matter upon on which I should like to speak with you about and with due haste. May I have a seat?" His gaze rests on each of you for a brief moment as he speaks, his voice nearly monotone but not unpleasant.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

st4rw4k3r

"Oh? Someone with manners, please take a seat. We shall gladly hear you out Sir Xavier."

Ryqoshay

"Hello, Mr. Xavier!" Yvonne says, not pausing her meal. "Try the pancakes! And the bacon!"

Kalas

"Yeah." Nathalie agreed, as she still devoured her breakfast.

Celdia

He nods and the hint of a smile comes to his face. "Thank you. I will have to decline the offer of food though as I've already broken my fast this morning." Xavier pulls out a chair and seats himself with a certain dignity and grace that seems at odds with his rough-looking traveling clothes. He once again meets each of you with a measured look before he continues speaking. "Forgive me for dismissing with the pleasantries, but I'm looking to secure assistance quickly and if it turns out that you cannot help me then I must be on my way. I represent a master artificer in magical wares who has had some few of the magical apparatuses required for his research stolen by a pair of lowly thieves. I have been tracking them across the kingdoms now for a few months, recovering the various apparatuses they have sold to fund their travels, but it seems they have gone to ground somewhere nearby." He opens a satchel hanging at his side and produces a pair of sketches, both of remarkably lifelike quality, each depicting a Goblin  - one male, one female - but neither looking particularly familiar to you.
         After letting you look over the sketches for a minute, Xavier continues, "My dilemma is a simple one. I believe they have reached their destination nearby to this city. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of what to expect there or even if they have other allies at their home. I'm looking to hire some brave souls to infiltrate their headquarters and recover the last few objects of value to my master. I was present yesterday at the Mages' Guild when that fire elemental began to wreak havoc and I was quite impressed with the skill your group displayed in banishing the beast. My hope is that the compensation offered for this venture will be adequate to secure your services and those of your allies to aid me in my goals. If not, I do have other prospective contacts to meet with, but I don't feel nearly as confident in their teamwork as I do after the display I witnesses yesterday."

Ryqoshay

"Sounds like fun. I'm in!" Yvonne says without hesitation.

Kalas

"I'd like to see some coin first before I start risking my life playing fetch-a-goblin," Nathalie quipped, eating her meal and taking a hearty sip of water, "Tracking these little mooks would be no problem, though, sir." Nathalie smiled and twirled her fork on the plate, waiting for the man to respond in kind with a favorable offer.

st4rw4k3r

Elia smiles. "Well then crew, it appears as though we don't have to part ways so soon after all. I will for sure take you up on your offer. Although three members of are team are not here to answer you."

EmmaNigma

"HAIL AND HONOR" Hogarth yells, forgetting her inside-voice, as she approaches, looking much like she just rolled out of bed which in fact she did. "Goblins, eh? Sounds like fun after dealing with those damned mages." It appears Hogarth missed half the conversation (or heard what she wanted to hear(killing goblins)) and doesn't notice that the man seated is SPARKLING. Slamming her fist upon the table, she puts on a huge toothy grin. "When do we eat? WHEN DO WE FIGHT."
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

"Hello, Hogarth!" Yvonne calls to the barbarian woman. "Try the pancakes! And the bacon!"

Kalas

"Roughly ten minutes ago," She said, sipping her water.

st4rw4k3r

Celdia

Xavier nods as you all speak, then looks at Nathalie, his gaze piercing and cold. "I can understand your skepticism and I, of course, would be willing to offer some payment up front as a deposit to secure your agreement if necessary." His eyes dart to Elia and he continues, "If need be I will wait for your allies to return and ask them each as well but I was hoping that perhaps you could endeavor to persuade them on my behalf. I have other interested to attend to in addition to this and my time is short."
         As Hogarth approaches and joins the others at the table, the maenad seems completely unaffected by her voice or demeanor, commenting simply, "That solves the issue of finding one of your allies at very least." Once again, that brief, almost undetectable smile curls Xavier's mouth just the tiniest bit.

EmmaNigma

Ignoring Elia, Hogarth greets Nathalie and Yvonne. "Glory to you, friend Nathalie and Yvonne." She grabs a few pieces of bacon and a pinch of eggs off Nathalie's plate. She narrows her eyes at the glittering guy, before shrugging and going to put in a proper order of sausage, sausage, bacon, eggs, sausage, bacon and sausage and a pot of coffee.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

st4rw4k3r

"Matters to attend to? In that case I'll gladly persuade them to join us."

Kalas

"Yes, we'll find our other companions," Nathalie agrees, her eyes transfixed on Xavier, "Wouldn't want to have all of us tripped up by a couple of petty goblins stealing the best of goods."

EmmaNigma

"Why are we still talking about this. What more do you need? There are GOBLINS and we MUST KILL THEM. Seems simple to me." Hogarth ignores the silverware provided with the plate and grabs indiscriminate handfuls of food, shoving it in her mouth and speaking between and during bites. The coffee is taken black.

Ryqoshay

"Ooooo... I knew I fergot something'" Yvonne says eyeing Hogarth's coffee. She hefts a mug over and pours the steaming liquid in, her arms barely making it around the handle of the pot. "It looks good 'nough ta bathe in..." she comments, dunking her own mug in and draining it quickly.