• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 04:22:42 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Need Software Help!

Started by thisisstupid999, July 24, 2010, 08:37:48 pm

thisisstupid999

July 24, 2010, 08:37:48 pm Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:26:11 pm by thisisstupid999
I downloaded this pack- http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=31 It's the link to the most recent pack of FFTPatcher, FForgASM, FFTacText, and Shishi Sprite Editor. I have a .net framework higher than 2.0 (I have 3.5) which I downloaded especially for the purpose of using these applications. When I extract the files via WinRar to a place in my documents, they work at first, but after a minute or so every time I double click on one of the 4 applications a notice comes up saying that the application can't bu used due to an error. It really doesn't describe what the error is though. Therefore, if I want to use these 4 applications on a regular basis, then I'll have to keep extracting the files from the download and quickly open the applications. I don't want to have to do that all the time. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

DAmessenger

that's a good point. I thought it was just me (and the fact that I'm using the files from a network virtual drive). I ended up extracting to a flash drive and it runs just fine from there, never have had to reinstall or anything. I'm sure this would be a little inconvient at home, but maybe it's a good fix for now?

thisisstupid999

Hmm...I don't really want to do that. Did the notice you get look like the one above?

thisisstupid999

Nevermind. I believe I figured out the problem. I was trying to separate everything that came in the pack from the 4 applications. I didn't think they were important. I guess they are. And someone told me to put all of it in the program files, and it worked.

DAmessenger

Yea I got that, but yes that's a good point. I'll keep that in mind too (but since I work between 2 different locations the flash drive is the way for me right now). Glad it all worked out.