• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:29:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT The Lion War ReMixed [PSX]

Started by Nyzer, December 22, 2023, 12:35:48 am

Nyzer

You can only change music in random battles.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Raidus

February 26, 2024, 02:40:36 pm #41 Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 03:09:25 pm by Raidus
The mod was very good. Could you include leveling up enemy units in campaign battles to make the game more difficult?
(Translated by Google Translate from Portuguese to English)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Murse_Jon

Sorry quick question. I'm trying to do a job. I've selected a character and it shows on the screen but no button I push gets past that. And it says only one character for a job for me right now anyway. After it's selected I can't seem to get it to do anything with any button except to choose another character or go back. Am I possibly too low level? Trying to do a hunting job with Luso after I got him. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the most recent patch. Psxfin emulator.

Nyzer

Quote from: Murse_Jon on February 27, 2024, 10:28:16 amSorry quick question. I'm trying to do a job. I've selected a character and it shows on the screen but no button I push gets past that. And it says only one character for a job for me right now anyway. After it's selected I can't seem to get it to do anything with any button except to choose another character or go back. Am I possibly too low level? Trying to do a hunting job with Luso after I got him. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the most recent patch. Psxfin emulator.

Start doesn't do anything?

Murse_Jon

No it doesn't seem to do anything. I know the button works because you have to hit start before picking a character for the job. I just tried again and still nothing. Strange.
The text describing the character grays out when chosen and he/she raises their arms, but can't move past that.
The rendezvous mission worked fine.

Nyzer

Raised arms is them being picked up to be placed somewhere. For when they're moved between slots on a three-slot mission.

Murse_Jon

February 28, 2024, 06:18:13 pm #46 Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 10:54:02 am by Murse_Jon
Yes I was just trying to give some detail about where I was having issues. Propositions were doing the same. But I had 'start' assigned to the tab button by default which also brought up emulator settings, so I resassigned start to the return key and it's working like that. Problem solved. Thanks!

Baofu

Registered just to say thanks for helping me rediscover FFT, everything about the mod is on point and absolutely helped reinvigorate my love for this game. That being said, I went through New Game Plus and had problems with the Bench menu. I'll lend you my save file for you to test and look into.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qe5UkVqKXqpQyxofhhyoTAUFMDzfc9SJ/view?usp=sharing

Should be File 1 or so. Also, Alma did not learn Ultima 2 or All-ultima, and she cant learn them from being hit by them, I tried that.

Kaiden

Hello, sorry im new to this site , so how i can download this mod to play ? i dont find anywhere a iso to download ! i really liked the mod , i would  fell happy if someone point me a link to download the iso ! thanks  <3

delitagang

March 02, 2024, 01:41:43 pm #49 Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 04:00:19 pm by delitagang
Hey man, tostonesgg here from Youtube. Still loving this mod but wanted to say I've been having some problems with the Bench system as well. I trained up Beowolf/Balthier/Marach to Bards, gave them Move + 3, and benched them to farm some pigs and dragons for Luso to learn/poach. Upon unbenching them, all their jobs have 0 current jp, but retain their job levels + some, but not all of their total JP. (for example, I benched my dark knight Lavin with Squire lv 5, 1075 total squire jp, and 775 current squire JP on hand, and upon unbenching her, she came out with Squire lv 5, 800 total squire JP and 0 current JP on hand.)  Their bard level is 0 with 0 total and current jp (however, the move +3 they learned is still preserved unless I use the unlearning special training (which i used to try and fix this but bc bard is set to 0, they ended up forgetting move +3).

Nyzer

Quote from: Kaiden on March 01, 2024, 02:17:03 pmHello, sorry im new to this site , so how i can download this mod to play ? i dont find anywhere a iso to download ! i really liked the mod , i would  fell happy if someone point me a link to download the iso ! thanks  <3

ISOs are not provided. You have to get the PPF and apply it to an ISO, typically through PPF-o-matic or some other online patcher.
Quote from: delitagang on March 02, 2024, 01:41:43 pmStill loving this mod but wanted to say I've been having some problems with the Bench system as well

What you described is how the Bench system works. It only remembers Job Level, because it would have taken too much data to remember Current and Total JP.

delitagang

Quote from: Nyzer on March 02, 2024, 11:15:55 pmISOs are not provided. You have to get the PPF and apply it to an ISO, typically through PPF-o-matic or some other online patcher.
What you described is how the Bench system works. It only remembers Job Level, because it would have taken too much data to remember Current and Total JP.

Ahhh, fair. I'll have to remember to spend that JP before I bench folks. I just managed to steal all of Elmdore's gear for the first time ever. Definitely looking forward to the last bit of dispatch missions and diving into the later rendezvous battles.

Nyzer

Version 1.1.08 will be up in a second, and I've also finally included an updated version of the Resources.

Nyzer

March 03, 2024, 01:26:40 pm #53 Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 05:37:34 pm by Nyzer
Quote from: Baofu on March 01, 2024, 10:33:55 amRegistered just to say thanks for helping me rediscover FFT, everything about the mod is on point and absolutely helped reinvigorate my love for this game. That being said, I went through New Game Plus and had problems with the Bench menu. I'll lend you my save file for you to test and look into.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qe5UkVqKXqpQyxofhhyoTAUFMDzfc9SJ/view?usp=sharing

Should be File 1 or so.

Oh hey, I was expecting this task to take a good long while of searching before I could find out where it was breaking, which wasn't going to be all that feasible since I'm currently out of the country visiting my sister, but it took like two minutes. It resets at the very start of NG+, and I'd never actually put in the event instructions to make sure the Roster Size variable was set in a new game. My Super Flexible Roster Expansion hack auto-sets its initial value when Ramza's name first gets put in, and I never thought to do anything more at the start of the game after that.

The Orbonne Prayer event will now correctly set the Roster Size to 20 in NG+ if there is no value in that variable. And for anyone who already has an NG+ save file, so will the Military Academy event - even when viewed in the Brave Story's Records.

Since I've just made edits to two events, here's a new Resources file as well!

Gokajern

Hello. Cool hack you got here. Question, does it have a cursor memory option? Is that something I can make as a suggestion to further improve the hack?

Tusk

So...it says in the description of dagger and mythril knives that they can be equipped by Priests and wizards but thats not the case with what im experiencing.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tusk

Tusk

Back to say; that the archer's "aim" ability description says it always hits but i've been missing alot and the percentage of landing a hit seems to be the same as a normal attack. Also the text in the bar that explains the dispatch and other things seems to run off the screen at some point. Maybe it has something to do with my emulator settings but it only happened the one time in the bar.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tusk

Nyzer

Quote from: Tusk on March 05, 2024, 01:59:44 pmBack to say; that the archer's "aim" ability description says it always hits but i've been missing alot and the percentage of landing a hit seems to be the same as a normal attack. Also the text in the bar that explains the dispatch and other things seems to run off the screen at some point. Maybe it has something to do with my emulator settings but it only happened the one time in the bar.

Certain reactions (and the terrain) will block it.

The text issue isn't anything I've ever seen before. In fact, it shouldn't be possible. The game does NOT like putting dialogue boxes off screen.

I would assume these are emulator issues. What are you using?

Quote from: Gokajern on March 04, 2024, 08:07:30 pmHello. Cool hack you got here. Question, does it have a cursor memory option? Is that something I can make as a suggestion to further improve the hack?

It is not. There might be something in the Options menu that allows it though.

Quote from: Baofu on March 01, 2024, 10:33:55 amAlso, Alma did not learn Ultima 2 or All-ultima, and she cant learn them from being hit by them, I tried that.

Oh, whoops, I forgot about this! I believe you mentioned it happens in Continue+ and/or NG+ before - I never even checked, but I expect I put a check in there to skip it in those cases, rather than skipping it if she's already in the Roster, which is what I should have done instead (not that it's even all that necessary).

AdmiralHabibi

Hello, I'd like to ask how is the difficulty of this mod? is it unchanged from vanilla?

SerahOnlyFans

I just wanted to thank you for making Rafa and Malak extremely viable in this mod. They are some of my favorite characters to play in Tactics and normally it is a huge pain to make that happen due randomness of their skills and etc. I can now enjoy them way more and that is amazing! Keep up the great work!