• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 03:22:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

increased roster size and pallette question

Started by efrate, September 01, 2010, 12:04:41 am

efrate

Three questions.  

1.) Is there a way to increase the roster size in the PSX version to be similar to the size of the WotL version?  I imagine it would require ASM and possibly an expanded iso but wondering if it had been done, etc.

2.) Is there a utility somewhere that can take a pallette for a unique sprite, generate another pallette with approximately the same difference in tones (similar to how the red mage sprite on the site has a full blue mage color scheme) so I can expand the custom sprite without having to manually recolor it since I have the artistic talent of a color blind cross-eyed hamster with parkinson's.  Or do I have to manually recolor everything and try to make it not look like something my three year old gives to me to hang on the fridge?

3.) Is there a way to overwrite math skill into something else and have it display properly on a calculator?  It keeps works just like math.  I wanted to replace it with something along the line of a highest tier magic class, however, I was using skilslet 19 which I changed drastically (and took off of Ramza) and its all buggy.  I had a similar issue with bards and dancers, but I just rewrote what I was using over sing and dance no problems now, but calc doesn't appear to be that easy.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

philsov

1) Pretty sure no, not even with asm.  I think it defies the RAM capacity.

2) no clue

3) make sure the math skillset is flagged as default?  It works fine, though it does experience slowdown on multi-target effects.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

efrate

September 01, 2010, 03:48:53 pm #2 Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:09:33 pm by efrate
Too bad about about #1.  Number 2 I looked through spriting and unfortunately I didn't see a mention of something so I'll have to do math and see if I can find an appropriate way.   Yaay spriting.  

What do you mean flagged as default?  I changed the calc skillset back to math under the job tab in patcher, and when I go to attempt to use a skill it says I don't know any parameters.  I found a cheatyface fix, but I'm not happy with it, basically I took a unqiue sprite (balmafula) replaced with my chosen calculator sprite, changed Teta's skillset to what I want and gave it to her, then had her join after and event.  Did the same thing with the Rudivich spite for the male version.  It's not ideal but it works as a quick fix for now so I can evaluate the power of the skillset.  

Edit: Do you mean in the ability menu section?  Replacing where it says math skill with where it says arithmeticks?  If thats the case I feel like a fool.

Edit 2: Found and fixed thank you phil.  I really wish I know how to use all the features of patcher porperly,but it cna do so much and I'm too lazy to read the tutorial and I'm a kinetic learner so... thanks again.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Zozma

"action menu" section where it says what type of skillset it is

"default, item, geomancy, math-skill, draw-out etc..."
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!