• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:27:01 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Make monsters cast spells or perform more skills

Started by rrs_kai, February 14, 2022, 04:34:49 pm

rrs_kai

I want to know how to make monsters cast spells or how to skip ahead of that animation. For example, Backdraft is an unarmed punch with fire, yet the Bomb monster won't do it.

FFTA has many name-only monsters called that appear as "Foreign Fiends" and "Falgabirds". I was a kid and was hoping for a super boss and all I got was the same old monster, not even a recolor. Leonarth pointed out that there were many skill-set-only job slots, so I added Yellow sprites and gave them better stats (think elite monsters). It'd be nice to make them do something more.

If the above is not possible, then I'll just resort to adding target-only specials. For example:
   Dragon Force = Raise target stats + Quicken (monster only)
   Bad Breath = Multiple status effects (non-monster) + Haste (monster only) + Re-raise (monster only)
This way Blue Mage won't get these benefits.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

FlamingZelda

Each monster type is it's own race. Each race has a number of animations associated with it. Each ability calls an animation. A bomb will not call Fire punch because it has no animation for punching. This is why most monster spells are different from their human counterparts.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown