• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:32:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

3lric

...now I want to use it at you because he's been using it for over a year...
  • Modding version: PSX

brittmarv

It happened on a Mandalia Plains (aka Holycrapthere'samillionofem Plains) random battle if that helps

RavenOfRazgriz

Were there two Priests present in that battle when the error occurred?  I have a small theory on what happened and I'll laugh if it's correct, but it relies on both Priests being present.  I've gone through and other than what I'm thinking, there was nothing wrong with either the Ability settings on Protect or that battle's ENTD settings.

brittmarv

April 30, 2013, 09:50:53 pm #103 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:02:04 pm by brittmarv
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 30, 2013, 09:31:25 pm
Were there two Priests present in that battle when the error occurred?  I have a small theory on what happened and I'll laugh if it's correct, but it relies on both Priests being present.  I've gone through and other than what I'm thinking, there was nothing wrong with either the Ability settings on Protect or that battle's ENTD settings.

Hmm.. I can't rightly remember.

But, I think I know what you are thinking - in some way, when the game checked the wizard it found him within range of a priest, even though it wasn't the right priest?

That would be funny. I know nothing about PSX code, but that seems highly unlikely. It would surprise me if that were the case.

What if, by astronomically slim chances, both priests had the same name? That would increase the odds of that particular error a bit more toward plausible eh?

EDIT: turns out I had a savestate from the loading screen for that battle.

There are two priests actually.

Two wizards, two knights, and a ranger ( just for reference sake )

The priests both have distribute.. now here is a crazy ( and dumb ) idea..

What if distribute wigged out because the priests were at full HP and then distributed the protect across the field to the wizard? Have you guys messed with it's settings any?

Lastly, I can attempt to recreate to the best of my memory the moves I did leading up to the bug. It wasn't long into the fight because I was just checking one last Move-Find item and the only character I was really moving around was Snake (pre-fight Invis is my favorite kind of Invis!)

EDIT 2.0: The priests have different names :)

EDIT 3.0: One dry run yielded no success. Too many turns involved for everything to turn out the exact same.

RavenOfRazgriz

It has to do with the Unit ID.  For some reason both Priests in that fight have the same Unit ID, and I've never intentionally messed with that so I don't know what the hell that could cause.

I'm checking through all the Random Battle ENTDs now and making sure I catch all these errors in one sweep.  I'll put out a v1.94 in a bit to fix this since it affects gameplay in a clearly negative and buggy manner and is present in multiple fights.

brittmarv

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 30, 2013, 10:19:31 pm
It has to do with the Unit ID.  For some reason both Priests in that fight have the same Unit ID, and I've never intentionally messed with that so I don't know what the hell that could cause.

I'm checking through all the Random Battle ENTDs now and making sure I catch all these errors in one sweep.  I'll put out a v1.94 in a bit to fix this since it affects gameplay in a clearly negative and buggy manner and is present in multiple fights.

I had assumed no two units could have the same ID, which is why I was skeptical of the two priest's scenario matching the situation I had imagined.

It makes perfect sense of course now knowing they do in fact have the same ID.

I'm glad we caught that!  :mrgreen:

Choto

I smell a Corsican Brothers Patch!!!*

(The Corsican Brothers was a movie made by cheech and chong in which if one brother was hit by something, the other would feel the pain from it)

brittmarv

small grammar stuff

"MA Save" help file reads "Stats: PA +1"

"Linen Robe"'s description is identical to "Leather Clothes"

3lric

Hahaha @ Choto. I was thinking the exact same thing when I read it was unit ID related but i didnt think anyone would get the reference! XD

brittmarv

May 01, 2013, 09:14:32 pm #110 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:40:39 pm by Elric
couple things

grammar: Besrodio: "If this person mistaken or lying"

And here is an overlooked Move-Find Item table. It's all Phoenix Downs
Possible spoilerage if clicked.
http://jot5.wikia.com/wiki/File:Goug_mfi.png

On that note - Is Lionel Castle Interior supposed to be 4 x Linen Robes? Not that I'm complaining. Phat lewt. Maybe too phat.

Also.. Zigolis Swamp move-finds seem just a bit disproportionately weak and not consistent with the trend. At the very least, the Wide Edge is far behind the times. The rest are not too bad. Of course, for variety's sake, its fine as it is. Just thought i'd mention it while I'm at it.

RavenOfRazgriz

May 01, 2013, 09:20:34 pm #111 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:40:51 pm by Elric
That isn't an overlooked MFI table.  In Vanilla, that map has no MFI data.  If you've beaten that fight, you've probably figured out why it's four Phoenix Downs, but it's definitely intentional.  You're in for rough times so you'll probably need those chicken feathers.

The four Linen Robes are also intentional since that battle is fairly hard to control if you've been playing through "normally", so you get proportionately large reward.  Zigolis Swamp is mostly just making sure you have the items you'll need for the upcoming battle series.  Wide Edge is still the strongest knife in Chapter 1, after all.  The only one that might need to change is the Linen Robe with a Crossbow because I don't think you can get a Crossbow from Move-Find Item in Chapter 1 but it's fine as is I think, honestly.  The point of these items though is to make sure you're ready for the Chapter's boss, not to give you ahead-of-the-times loot.

3lric

Dammit people, we have dem spoiler tags for a reason, use em.

brittmarv

Understood.

Actually found Ganondorf easier than Sephiroth. Due mainly to coincidence, based on how my units were set up. They really had no strong advantage over Seph. I'm trying to round out everyone though for completeness sake, rather than max out the more useful ones.

Needless to say, two units with Melt obliterates the Death Brigade, especially if oil lands.

I enjoyed both fights. I think they are balanced very well, and as long as people realize they need to grind abilities they should do fine.

Lol.. the thought had crossed my mind that the phoenix downs were a message of some sort. And I would have probably lost Ramza due to silence, had Agrias not hit him with that feather.

3lric

Be sure to leave some feedback on the event proceeding the next battle ;P Worked quite hard on tht one.

RavenOfRazgriz

And now you know why the last two fights have Phoenix Downs in their Move-Find Item slots.

You should probably move your post to the Battle Logs, though.

CT5Holy

Just some small things. Also found some typos, but I told Elric about them already.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

The Damned

May 08, 2013, 06:00:35 am #117 Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:08:23 am by The Damned
(I can vouch for the weird "crossbows not showing the damage they're doing on hit" bug.)

Having just upgraded to v1.941 and fought two matches/fights, I've noticed two bugs already:

1. Piscodemon's Energy Blast still says it has Effect: 1 instead of the Effect: 3 it has now.

2. Wizard no longer has Tornado. They instead have Death twice.

As per bold, the latter is the far more important one and I'm honestly not sure how no one had noticed that (or at least hadn't spoken up about it) since v1.94x has been out for a week already. But, yeah, when reshuffling things, it would seem that Tornado accidentally got left out this time, which is a shame since I wanted to buy it this time to have the fight against those damn turtles go faster.

Quick EDIT: Speaking of speed, I'm not sure if the order is wrong in the v1.94 update in the download thread, but Dimensionalist actually has Float before Quick in-game and not the other way around; personally, I think this is for the best if the update post is not what's in error. The order of that and the other changed classes I can see--so all but Summoner & Lancer--seems otherwise fine.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The Damned

(I apologize for double-posting so soon again.)

Considering I already edited the above post and possibly have seen another significant glitch/bug already, I think it's merited though.

So, having literally just finished the Zirekile Falls battle with the Ranger, upon winning this time, unlike in v1.92, I received no prompt to actually recruit her despite the fact that she was still alive/not Crystallized. I'm not sure though if she's supposed only randomly join you, since I know that's possible, which is why I only said it was a "possible" bug.

Still, if she is, then it seems as with Tornado and the crossbows, something got knocked out of place in the upgrade.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Arek

Not sure if this is a bug or not, and I don't have a SS of it, but once (a while back) on Barius Hill South I ran into the Beastmaster/Chocobos fight....and there weren't any chocobos there, just the BM.  Is this supposed to be able to happen?  It seems odd in retrospect. :)

--Arek