• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:24:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Cheetah

Former, did you try to set the sprite and the portrait to the same palette? Because they should be different and on different rows.
Current Projects:

R999

@fdc: I went over this with you already. You do not need to place the arms in for him if you only used certain animations for him. Like Singing, Weapon striking, etc. Those Walking, Dancing, Confusion, Casting arms are not necessary for your needs. Just remove those added arms and he should be fine. He already has the arms attached while he is walking. Use the ShiShi's animator to see how the sprite is broken up (the yellow rectangles show you that).

Zozma

R999 is that avatar sposed to be a dark version of Agrais, cause i was thinking of making one for dd random lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

blade8531

I would like to see this Dark Agrias idea.  Although the artist didn't intend for her to be.  She's normally colored in the original picture.  I would attach it if I knew how and if it was allowed (comes from a adult manga cover)

Zozma

would be easy, a simple palette change making her hair silver, and her skin pale, and a custom portrait to allow her a different eyecolor

blade8531

sure but where's the fun in recolors?  maybe undo the english braid and give her some spikey armor.

Zozma

now u see, other than recolors i am retired from spriting :)

SilvasRuin

I would much sooner assume that is the Dark Arthuria or however her named is spelled from that Fate/ series.  That character's appearance (and personality, probably) is a very obvious ripoff of Agrias though, so it's not like it makes much difference.

And before anyone tries to debate that point, FFT came first by a longshot, and if you don't believe she's a ripoff, just do a google image search of the two of them.  They're twins, and the outfits aren't drastically different either.

Zozma

at any rate, a simple palette change making her have silver hair and eyes like that would be easy, plus it would make DD have one more special to randomly encounter for me anyway.

Agrias isn't playable in my patch, so its more like evil clones wandering around in DD

R999

@Zozma:  That's close. I am working on something like it. Although, it will probably be a while before I get back on her. Inspired by Alter Saber as per Type-Moon, and I will definitely work on it. Agrias and her are some of my favorite characters.

If you wanted to do a simple recolor, you might find this useful,

(Obviously needs a lot of touchup here, it was only a rough sketch.  Personally, I like these colors although she looks more like Ajora possessed than anything else).

@SilvasRuin:
(Not quite the same, in my opinion).

Knox

For some reason im oddly attracted to the recolor as is.
But maybe you're right, put some color in the skin and it'd be a winner.

And as for the topic title, still working on my custom sprite and whatnot.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

GeneralStrife

I've only done one sprite so far..but im too afraid to touch anything else as im afraid ill suck and lose what little self confidence i have...

mav

Very nice recolor, R999. You've got a good eye for this.

Zozma

R999 the recolor looks great actually, there are a small amount of pixel fixes but its perfect for what i intend
i think an altered portrait would be nice as well, one even less friendly looking then the agrias one lol

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Devon_v

This is my current experiment. I love trying to push the envelope within a limited system, so I am attempting a sprite with translucency effects.

Thus far I've dubbed her the "Egyptish Mage", and she's see a lot of revision and alteration to color choices. She used to have lighter skin and darker hair, but I had to give up on a "true" black (1,1,1), and was forced to include a white (255,255,255), so I had to make some changes.

She is very character-specific, as made apparent by the mana shields used in her defend frames, and the fact that palette selection is just flat out not going to work on her due to the amount of overlap and reuse of colors.

Her base is Arc Witch/Dancer/Mediator/Ninja/Monk and a hell of a lot of custom pixel slinging and Type1/2 re-alignment.

jimmyjw88

Interesting concept. Though few notes; her side view head is a pixel over to the left. Move it a pixel back to the right, her head looks slanting forward. Is she wearing any shoes? Because I don't really know what's going on with her leg on the critical frame. Also, damaged frame need some fixes. Her hips looks bit too thin and same issue with her leg. That black line around her ankle indicates she's wearing shoes, unless she is.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Devon_v

Not all of the frames are finished, I just picked a random assortment to show. Her side view head is actually exactly where it is on all of the other sprites. Perhaps it's her larger breasts that're throwing it off? I'll try moving it.

She isn't wearing shoes, though I haven't dealt with all of the remaining shading from the Ninja legs, which were. There're also still some shading issues with the Dancer arms, notably in the Talk Skill frame.

The critical frame has barely been touched. That one definitely needs more attention. The damage frame is suffering from my attempt to combine so many sprites. It shares parts with the Charge frames, and I need to do some serious realignment on both to make them work. I've been saving that work for later, as at the moment the sprite exists as over a dozen layers in Photoshop, so moving large parts around is not simple. I think I'm satisfied with the 15 colors I have now, so I can collapse all of the adjustment layers, and try to get back to working with raw pixels. That's the only problem with Photoshop. I find it too tempting to make every little thing it's own layer so that I can always remove or move it around without effecting anything else. :)

mav

You may wanna consider lightening the skin tone a tad bit. I know you want her to be dark skinned, but this is too much. Perhaps you could consider making the shades blend a little better? Lighten the lightest shade, darken the darkest, etc.