• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:22:11 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Portrait palette color transfer issues?

Started by Ansehelm, November 24, 2018, 12:54:19 pm

Ansehelm

Hey homies,
So for several sprites I'm working on, I've had this problem where the portraits look funny in Shishi, even if they look fine on the spritesheet (I am aware that the portrait palette is the 9th row down in Graphicsgale).  The problem is that there is apparently not a 1 to 1 relationship between the sprite colors (first row) and portrait colors (9th row) - some sprite colors are not represented at in the portrait (meaning some portrait colors cover 2 sprite colors).  Anyway, the whole reverse engineering portrait palettes seems, tricky - Is there a simple way to insert a portrait (from a separate .bmp and insert its palette without it getting all wonky or losing colors?

Thanks
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Here, I went and whipped this up quickly for you or anyone else with the question in the future.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ansehelm

This looks brilliant.  If only I  wasn't handicapped from the beginning...So I find no way to access the "Load Palette" Option - I'd thought it might be an outdated version of GG, but I got the latest version and I couldn't find it there either...So, how does one find this mysterious "load palette" button?

Xifanie

It's the button with an arrow pointing down with a bar under it, i.e. the first thing under the 256 colour grid.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Do you have the ability to see the palette turned on? Should be in the view option up top, iirc

Ansehelm

Wow, dunno how I missed that...takes a village I guess.  But hey - it workssss!  You're a wizard Harry everyone involved.  Hecka easy  too.  Thanks guys  :cool:  :v/:

3lric

Quote from: Ansehelm on December 01, 2018, 12:00:30 am
Wow, dunno how I missed that...takes a village I guess.  But hey - it workssss!  You're a wizard Harry everyone involved.  Hecka easy  too.  Thanks guys  :cool:  :v/:

Glad you were able to get it sorted