• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 02:02:39 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Riding Monster Status Effects

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, October 26, 2011, 05:55:06 pm

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

I was wondering what happens to status effects of chocobo's (or other monsters) when you ride them.  If the monster has poison, don't act, don't move, regen, etc.  what happens to that status when you mount it?  Does it disappear?  Does it transfer to the rider?  I only have saves that are pre-Dorter I, could someone check this out for me, or shoot me a later save state so I can figure it out myself?

The reason why I wonder is that I was thinking we could make a Magitek Armor type monster.  If the armor monster could have Innate: Don't Act, Don't Move, but those were negated when someone rode them, a Magitek Armor could be possible.  Right?

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Kuraudo Sutoraifu on October 26, 2011, 05:55:06 pm
I was wondering what happens to status effects of chocobo's (or other monsters) when you ride them.  If the monster has poison, don't act, don't move, regen, etc.  what happens to that status when you mount it?  Does it disappear?  Does it transfer to the rider?  I only have saves that are pre-Dorter I, could someone check this out for me, or shoot me a later save state so I can figure it out myself?

The reason why I wonder is that I was thinking we could make a Magitek Armor type monster.  If the armor monster could have Innate: Don't Act, Don't Move, but those were negated when someone rode them, a Magitek Armor could be possible.  Right?

The mount loses those status effects until the mount is dismounted.  In fact, the flag under "Can be Targeted" in the status tab is devoted to this property.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Nice necro-save there, fdc.  So that would work perfectly for a kind of vehicle.  Awesome!