• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:20:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

AI

Started by Archael, June 26, 2008, 09:53:09 pm

Archael

AI
June 26, 2008, 09:53:09 pm Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 03:35:35 pm by Archael
Here I am going to share some things Lasting_Dawn, ASMO, ZODIAC and I have found while working on our respective projects:The 6 Unknowns near the bottom of every ENTD unit represent AI flags. Both rows seem to be used. It looks kind of like a grid of fields.

[  0  ]   [  0  ]   [  0  ]
[  0  ]   [  0  ]   [  0  ]

From looking at some of Square's ENTD's we can identify some unique AI's that can be assigned to some units.

1) The Coward AI:

[  0  ]   [  0  ]   [  8  ]
[  0  ]   [  4  ]   [  0  ]

This one is used by Ovelia.
It will try to run away from it's enemy and buff / heal itself FIRST. Only when it has applied all possible buffs to self & nearby allies will it dedicate CT to attacking. This AI is smart in that it won't waste CT if it can do what it wants without having to move. It knows to save CT so the next turn comes faster. The normal AI seems to always move when possible, even if not necessary. This AI will retreat to safety whether or not the direction of saftey is towards the allied team or not. It's team might be dying on the other side of the map and it won't go help them. It only cares about survival of this unit. This AI is great for solo units who do everything possible to stop the enemy from killing it. It wins through perseverance. This AI would make the Zodiacs on 1.3 ridic insane so I'm not using it.

2) The Support AI:

[  0  ]   [  0  ]  [ 48 ]
[  0  ]   [  0  ]  [  0  ]

This one is used by Alma in the final battle.
It is very similar to the coward AI in that it prioritizes buffing / rezzing / healing first, but it will seek the saftey of it's team, and will run into danger if it can get a kill on an enemy unit. This is probably, in the practical sense, the most useful AI we have found so far.

3) The Guard AI

[ X ]   [ Y ]  [ 28 ]
[  0  ]   [  0  ]  [   0  ]

This AI is used by the Knights in Bethla Garisson Sluice.
The X and Y represent coordinates on the map. It seems the 28 tells the AI not to move from these coordinates. If the AI does not start on these coordinates, it will try moving to it. Once there, it will not leave that panel. The ONLY way to make this AI leave it's panel is the Confusion status. I have never tested Berserk or Charm though. This AI is useful for creating guards that won't leave their posts, say, Archers atop a castle.

4) The Murderous AI - thanks goldblade0

[ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ 58 ]
[ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

Used by Algus vs. Delita at Fort Zeakden.
This AI will spend every single turn trying to kill the unit designated in it's TARGET UNIT ID disregarding threats from other units. It WILL retreat to safety once it's HP gets low, though, and is not completely irrational.

5) UNKNOWN Riovanes Archer (Sniper?) AI

Female Archer 1
[ 0 ] [ 5 ] [ 20 ]

[ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

Female Archer 2

[ 0 ] [ 9 ] [ 20 ]

[ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

Female Archer 3

[ 0 ] [ A ] [ 20 ]

[ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

These archers start at the top of the castle. Maybe the [20] is related to hold position near that area? Untested.

6) UNKNOWN Wiegraf II AI

[ 4 ] [ 6 ] [ 20 ]

[ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

Wiegraf uses this the 2nd time you fight him in 1A8 Underground Book Storage First Floor.

7)Rofel II (LINE GUARD AI)

[ 6 ] [ 0 ] [ 8 ]

[ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

Rofel uses this AI when you face him in 1B4 Underground Book Storage Fifth Floor. I have personally had to fight this AI many times, and I believe he NEVER crosses a certain X coordinate on the map. In this case, it might be X = 6 since that seems like the middle point of the map. So perhaps this is another version of the GUARD AI, but with the ability to move anywhere except beyond the designated X line of coordinates.

9) UNKNOWN Kletian II AI

[ A ] [ 5 ] [ 8 ]

[ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

Kletian uses this AI when you face him for the second time in 1B6 Murond Death City. We know he never chases you towards the back of the map where you start, but (A,5) is not a coordinate, although this AI has the same [8] as Rofel II's and the GUARD AI.

IN PROGRESS..... THX!

goldblade0

June 26, 2008, 10:27:11 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
There is also the one for Fork Zeakden, with Algus and Delita.  They both seem to have the same one.  It seems to make them focus on eachouther in the fight.

• [58]
  • [0
It'll be a good long time until someone flushes another guitar string.

Archael

June 26, 2008, 10:34:26 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "goldblade0"There is also the one for Fork Zeakden, with Algus and Delita.  They both seem to have the same one.  It seems to make them focus on eachouther in the fight.

• [58]
  • [0
OH YEAH!

Any. Does the [58] make them focus solely on TARGET UNIT ID?

??? How does it work?

melonhead

June 26, 2008, 10:43:04 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Wow. This is cool.

goldblade0

June 26, 2008, 10:57:04 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
No idea.  Gafgarian has it at the Falls and at the Gate battles.  Strangly enough, Alma in 1A4 Back Gate of Lesalia.  I'm bored at the moment and will go though the story battles looking for the special ones.

Archael

June 27, 2008, 12:15:05 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
thanks man

I believe Wiggy 2, Rofel 2, Balk 2, and Kletian 2 all have unique AI's

they may or may not be associated with map Coordinates

but I know from testing Rofel 2 that he won't go past a certain line on the map, he more or less stays on his half, so maybe it is coordinate based, just a different type of GUARD AI

goldblade0

June 27, 2008, 12:48:53 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
Ok finshed the list.  Rather long and a few notes for Archeal in it

Cheetah

June 27, 2008, 02:14:00 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Very cool stuff.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

June 27, 2008, 05:37:28 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
[A] [C]
[D] [E] [F]

A: Position X
B: Position Y

C: AI
Seems to be somehow highly related to the previous coordiantes.
0x40 = ???
0x20 = ???
0x10 = ???
0x08 = ???, allows coward AI

D: Always 0*

E: Coward AI set

F: Always 0*

When I mean always 0, is that there is not a single time in ALL the 4 ENTDs that it is other than 0.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Archael

June 27, 2008, 08:28:24 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
:shock:  :shock: !!!!

Kourama

June 27, 2008, 08:30:09 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Quote from: "Voldemort7"
Quote from: "goldblade0"There is also the one for Fork Zeakden, with Algus and Delita.  They both seem to have the same one.  It seems to make them focus on eachouther in the fight.

• [58]
  • [0
OH YEAH!

Any. Does the [58] make them focus solely on TARGET UNIT ID?

??? How does it work?

There already is a TARGET UNIT ID, its right under Team Color. Just change it to the ID of the character you want and presto enemies focus on that person.

Like in the battle outside the gate of Lionel Castle (last battle against Gaffy) the target unit ID is 2 so he focuses totally on Ramza. Although I'm not sure if the "58" you mention makes them even more aggressive.

Archael

June 27, 2008, 03:37:54 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Kourama"There already is a TARGET UNIT ID, its right under Team Color. Just change it to the ID of the character you want and presto enemies focus on that person.

Like in the battle outside the gate of Lionel Castle (last battle against Gaffy) the target unit ID is 2 so he focuses totally on Ramza. Although I'm not sure if the "58" you mention makes them even more aggressive.

I know, TARGET UNIT ID is the field I was talking about. So they go after the target unit ID even without the 58 AI?

I thought you needed the 58 AI there on top of an assigned TARGET UNIT ID for it to work?

Xifanie

June 27, 2008, 10:15:57 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
The target will either have protection priority or killing priority depending on whose side the target is. Setting one self's idea would probably turn unit into a coward.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful