• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:07:33 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Active Time Battle for FFT

Started by FFT, June 23, 2008, 03:38:57 pm

FFT

June 23, 2008, 03:38:57 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFT
Active time battle - Meaning, each character would have a speed gauge. The speed gauge gradually feels up, even when you're in the menu and selecting stuff. Characters can act or move at any time once the gauge is full. Multiple characters can do various things at once.

Well, I don't think it's really possible to add ATB for FFT, but wouldn't it be interesting?

It'd make the game more challenging and crazy.

Maybe Square-Enix should try ATB in the next FFT.

Maybe 3 options of gameplay:
1. Full ATB(like I described above)
2. Wait ATB(The game waits while you're in a second menu or above, like when you're selecting magic)
3. No ATB(Classic FFT style).

Anyway, who else thinks it'd be interesting for ATB to be in FFT?

VincentCraven

June 23, 2008, 05:43:13 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
uh, yea! That is a wonderful idea. Are there any games out at the moment with real time strategy but plays kinda like FFT style?  I know warcraft is active time, but its soooo different. No personal interaction between you and your units.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Vanya

June 23, 2008, 06:04:53 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I think the closest thing would be FF12 Revenant Wings, but even that is very different.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Asmo X

June 24, 2008, 12:32:18 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
if you're talking about the kind of thing they did in FFX-2 where attacks weren't really queued then this is not even close to possible. Would be an interesting clusterfuck though.

Archael

June 24, 2008, 01:18:09 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
A damage fuck fest!

FFT

June 27, 2008, 12:41:58 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFT
Quote from: "Asmo X"if you're talking about the kind of thing they did in FFX-2 where attacks weren't really queued then this is not even close to possible. Would be an interesting clusterfuck though.

I think in FF4, FF6, 7, 8, 9 had some sort of Active Time Bar thing, a bar that gradually fills up as as (real) time passes, when it's full you can use your characters.

FFX-2 does have the active time bar thing so yeah, kind of like that except used in Final Fantasy Tactics instead of the normal CT bar.

So, for example, instead of the CT meter going up only after each turn, it'd go up every "real time second", that is, every real life second, the CT meter/bar goes up.

This means that:

1. All units/characters can do actions at any time, once their CT bar is filled up. That means that a unit can act while you're still deciding on what to do next with your character.

2. You have to think fast because the game will be moving forward at all times, the only time it doesn't is if you're pausing the game.

3. You have to plan out attacks quickly and careful as both enemy units and your own units can move or attack WHILE your own units are moving and attacking.

4. Although it may seem chaotic, remember units can only move or act if their CT(or ATB) meter is full. You can pause the game and look at each individual character or units on the battlefield and check to see if their CT meter is near full or full.
If it isn't full, you'll be able to safely target an attack that unit without worrying that the unit will move away.

Of course like in Final Fantasy 7, 8, etc, you could be able to set how fast the game moves so it could be either slow or insanely fast.

Well, anyway, it'd be nice if they make some sort of FFT sequel with Active Time Bar or something similar, it'd make the game a lot more interesting.