• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:50:17 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] A new b(eta)eginning [Latest update 1st October]

Started by Dome, September 14, 2015, 10:58:32 am

Dome

Just DL'd and starting the journey!
I'll report back if I find anything fishy.

<3

QuoteAlso Dome, any chance we can get a small class list?

Please be more specific about your request.

QuoteI'm also curious about if you did anything to the Poaching with the item updates you do, or if it's the same just the items have different effects.

Some item is different, but there is no more common-rare poach, so you can easily farm all the items you want...if it's at least ch3 :p

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Ridiclued

Please be more specific about your request.

I meant like a job class tree, dont need to draw it out, just wanna make sure I play with all of 'um ya know?

Some item is different, but there is no more common-rare poach, so you can easily farm all the items you want...if it's at least ch3 :p

That's fantastic news. 
No more poaching Hydras for days trying to get my Rubber Costumes is a "YAY!" moment for me haha.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate but that we are powerful beyond measure."

Dome

October 09, 2015, 02:12:09 am #62 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:18:30 am by Dome
QuoteI meant like a job class tree, dont need to draw it out, just wanna make sure I play with all of 'um ya know?

If that's the case, this should do the trick.

QuoteThat's fantastic news. 
No more poaching Hydras for days trying to get my Rubber Costumes is a "YAY!" moment for me haha.

Except that Rubber costume is not poachable anymore :p

Ridiclued

October 09, 2015, 02:29:38 am #63 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:31:10 am by Dome
If that's the case, this should do the trick.

Sweeeeeeeet, tyty

Except that Rubber costume is not poachable anymore :p

:shock:
I'm guessing you have all the 'uber'-items as a side-quest rewards?  (Ribbons, Rubber, ect.)
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate but that we are powerful beyond measure."

Dome

Alchemek

New report:

I'm at the part where you're about to fight Gafgarion in the Execution Site, and I noticed that in Warjilis Trade City there are a few things I'd like to mention:

1. Why does the Adaman Vest cost 1000 more gil than the Mythril Vest when it only gives 5 HP more than the Mythril Vest? I noticed that other body gear doesn't have a difference of just 5 HP when you're looking back and forth between new and old armor; they usually had a difference of 10 HP, which made it worth it to upgrade.

2. What is your reasoning behind taking away most of the stat boosts in normal equipment? For example, the Twist headband doesn't give any stat boost, while the headgear does; and the Triangle Hat doesn't increase MA anymore.

3. Since Warjilis Trade City happens to be right before the Golgorand Execution Site battle, what do you think about including more stuff in that store, just so that people aren't forced to restart if they failed to buy a bunch of armor before that battle, for example? Either that, or perhaps putting more stuff in Goug Machine City would be nice.

Onto other stuff:

4. I've been noticing a lot of physical classes (most notably knights) using magic abilities. Is that intentional? If so, it's curious to me, since knights don't have very high MA, but their armor kind of makes the magic casting tank, which is a bit interesting.

5. Alright, I don't know if it's just me, but Golgorand Execution Site seems WAY harder than any other battle I've faced thus far. I know that's supposed to be how it is, but it doesn't seem like it has to be AS hard as it currently is. To be clear, in this battle, there are numerous magic casters, lots of knights that are very hard to kill (that use magic such as Yin Yang Magic, which includes paralyze), and there is general overwhelm considering you are greatly outnumbered, let alone the fact that Gafgarion is very hard to kill, too, unless you break his weapon. I've had to try this battle about five times so far and I still haven't beaten it; I never really experienced this at any other point in the game before this battle.

6. Counter magic skill: I used it in that Golgorand Execution Site battle, and I had a unit killed BECAUSE of it. I had a unit that used counter magic on Ice 2, and she ended up killing herself, due to the large AOE, which prompts me to think the following: Is it possible that counter magic could be changed in such a way that it doesn't kill the person who is countering under any circumstances? Or is that not sensible or possible?

7. I checked out the ability list for scholar, 'cause I was planning on using a scholar eventually, and I noticed that there are spelling and capitalization errors; and it's not that way anywhere else in the ability list for any other job, as far as I know, though.

__

I think this is it, but if I manage to find something I missed, I'll include it in another short post.

Dome

Here I come with a fresh batch of answers!

1) I'll fix the bonus hp values in order to give more consistence to the upgrades.

2) I feel the game is more balanced without huge stat boosts all around. And makes the items that actually give stat boosts more unique. But if you feel that a specific item is useless without stat boosts, tell me the name and I'll see if it needs an improvement.

3) I think items available in the stores are fine for that point of the game.

4) Well, there are 2 main reasons: First is to spice things up, and second is to avoid fighting the same unit over and over again (There are few optimized setups and many non optimized)

5) Could you please post the team you are using? It's a very important information (I remember a guy that claimed the Velius fight was too hard...then he said he had a team of 5 Knights and refused to change jobs XD )

6) Tbh I don't know if it's possible (No knowledge in hacking outside the basic tools...)

7) Could you post some screenshot? It would make easier to fix the typos

3lric

Don't forget to get me a list of derpy EVTCHR as you guys play through... I can't fix em if I don't know which ones have issues

(for those that don't know what EVTCHR are, they are anytime the sprite glitches during a cutscene due to not being the original sprite that was using during that cutscene in Vanilla)
  • Modding version: PSX

Feelie

Dome

October 22, 2015, 06:59:49 am #69 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 02:57:55 pm by Dome
Posting to let you guys know the next release will have a fully playable DD.
QuoteThere are no brakes on the rape train!

Taylor778

October 22, 2015, 03:15:49 pm #70 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:21:52 pm by Taylor778
Just little housekeeping things: When Agrias casts Holy Cure for me the spell name is put on the screen as Carbunkle.  The spell quotes for Dark and Darkra are for the old spells they used to be. Equip Bow doesn't seem to be letting me equip bows, just crossbows.

Dome

WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!
Thanks for the reports, added