• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

SolidSnakeDog

December 26, 2009, 08:08:38 pm #400 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I just got a weird idia for a new patch...

The patch will be a Solo Ramza using Necromancer job to *Summon allies and make em fight for him*
The enemy will aslo do the same.
The idia is making all the monsters Start's dead an the start of battle.(Unsumoned) The necro will use a skill to *Summon* (in other words , revive the monsters that started off dead) And using Skills to help out his *Summoned allies* or being on the offensive.

Each battle will have a enemy Necro (or 2) you will have to beat. Doing the same stuff has you. (Summoning monsters,buffing em and ect.)You aslo have a skill to invite monsters so u can use em in the later fights.
The necro emself will have little offence. The main strenght will be the Summoned monsters.
In short..this will be sort of a Summoner's war. (Or necromancer's war)

Yeah this is sort of weird but may be interesting if done right.Wat u guys think?

Zaen

December 26, 2009, 10:20:37 pm #401 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
So you'd make your party members initial: Dead or something like that? That's a great idea.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SolidSnakeDog

December 27, 2009, 11:39:56 am #402 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Once i get the next update of my own hack i may start making it. I noticed that the hacks here somewhat lack variety.
(I don't mean there are bad, just most of em looks the same in the long run) Im trying to do completely new stuff.

Dome

December 27, 2009, 12:00:10 pm #403 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Just give everyone (But not to Ramza and the others necromancers) initial dead, and rework guts with the skills
If you make a solo patch, a lot of abilities can be created
I like the idea, btw
Also a Zombie patch would be nice...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

SolidSnakeDog

December 29, 2009, 01:55:35 pm #404 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Zombie patch? u mean making anyone initial dead, permanant undead status or something?
Can u give a bit more detail about your views on the *zombie* patch?

Dome

December 29, 2009, 02:02:37 pm #405 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
I love the zombie games, so a patch focused on them would be nice
It would require a lot of new sprites, because all the monsters should be changed to his undead version
We would need to remove some monsters to allow different kinds of special undead (Vampire, ghoul, ghost, revenant, etc...)
The final boss should be the one that plagued the whole world, and every boss his minion (With some unique ability to buff the undeads)
The priest would become uber powerful, so he should be changed to a special unit
Every enemy should have the permanent undead status, and you shouldn't be allowed to recruit new units at the office...you have to save them in random battle (That occour 100% of the times in every spot, and are very hard)
Items should be a lot more rare and Expensive...and the blood suck status should also add invite, and should represent the virus, so an infected unit would be permanently lost
The only place where you can buy stuff should be your "base", and the equipment sold is from a low-tier, so better equipment should be obtained only from battle rewards
Just some random ideas thrown around

SolidSnakeDog

December 29, 2009, 03:07:52 pm #406 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
I see, not bad at all. But spriting and story events are my biggest weak point sadly...i can change about anything easly in the patcher/test but wen this come to events editing and sprites...i will just say this is out of my league sadly.

Dome

December 29, 2009, 03:22:22 pm #407 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
In fact it's just an idea, not a project
I'm slowly trying to learn 2 edit, maybe one day I will be able to create a patch like that...

ffta707

Someone should make a cirque du freak patch lol. One of my favorite books. The vampenize fight the vampires in  a huge series of battles. Like vampagonlords patch.

Shade

Here is idea.

were 3 sides in battle. one is ramdon enemy group. then two another teams are the guys that try invite them to their side with 100% invite. The guys who invite are immune to status of course.

You would have one guy only throught hole game. enemy migh have more of guys that can invite or better position or better equiment. We would balance this with giving special ablities to special class that enemy won't use.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pseudo

What about a patch where Ramza works with Delita after the closing of Chapter One. Ramza and Delita would both work for Goltana in retrieving the Zodiac Stone's from Larg's people who wish to use them to change the tide of the war. The Shrine Knights that appear later in the story can be their own group who want the stone's to ressurect St. Ajora to conquer both the White and Black Lion. I don't think it would require a lot of changes (not exactly sure, still a newbie [first post]), just text changes for the new story, a perm Delita in the party or one that stays and leaves at specific points in the story, and a still-alive Algus that will be Delita's nemesis. The story would make Ramza a person of corruption who wishes to see Goltana made King and does so faithfully to the point where he kills Dycedarg to get the stone (and Dycedarg uses the stone to turn into Adramelk to defend himself :D), etc etc. I saw a sprite of Ramza in some dark armor with a cape, that would go well with the story I think. ;o

There's probably some points I'm missing or messed up, but I came up with the idea pretty quickly so it's very rough.

Anyway, this is my first post and I'm excited about this discovery (FFHacktics that is). So heyyyyy ;o

SilvasRuin

That would change quite a lot of the story if you want to make it believable.

Pseudo

Yeah, the story is a big "What if...".

I'll develop a plot summary and post it. But I need to crack out the PSP and play FFT again. It's been so long since I've played the game all the way through.

SilvasRuin

The main thing to worry about is keeping true to the characters.  Yes, a small change in circumstances can wind up having a huge ripple effect, but making drastic personality changes without a very good reason or explanation is just going to make people dislike the story.

R999

Hmm I think I have posted this before... I would love to see Delita's point of view of the original FFT, how he came to be who he is... etc. We already know a lot about what happened in a lot of the cutscenes. Just need more details and battles. The most interesting phase is probably the timeframe between chapter 1 and 2.

Pseudo

Well Ramza, from his point of view would still be fighting for the "greater good", it would just be under Goltana's banner. His personality would be the same, he'd just be more of an anti-hero.

Atma

so, i've skimmed through a lot of these pages, but not all.  Is something like a FF7 Battle Square, or FF6 Colloseum possible?  i was thinking something like a spot on the map like the Deep Dark Dungeon, but the party size is limited to 1 (or maybe groups, too) and go through a number of battles to either gain duplicates of rare items/weapon/armor...
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

formerdeathcorps

Atma, there's an unused map that's perfectly flat with the symbols of the Zodiacs in the middle.  You can use that one and if you modify Attack.OUT and Test.EVT, you should be able to incorporate that battle as a 1v1.

Pseudo, as for your idea, you need to work out this idea much more.  Technical and character issues aside, if Goltana is "smart" enough to know about the stones, why wouldn't Larg and Barenten also learn of it (from spies, if not just from whatever source that allowed Goltana to learn of it)?  Also, if Ramza and Delita are working for the Nanten (and your first mission is to capture the princess and then fight off Hokuten troops at Zirekile Falls in Ch. 2), where would the characters go in Chapter 3?  It sounds highly improbable the two would be allowed to return to Orbonne or enter Lesalia (which is the heart of the Hokuten command).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pseudo

Well the story would be re-worked, it wouldn't follow the story that we all know. As for a situation at Zirekile Falls, something would be created to fit into its place. I mentioned Delita leaving the party at certain points instead of him being a perm-party member 'cause while I was typing it I remembered that part at Zirekile Falls.

Although I won't be able to get to it right away, I'm trying to make a patch for the PSP version. :D

Skip Sandwich

March 09, 2010, 10:33:51 pm #419 Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:33:23 pm by Skip Sandwich
I've been experimenting with a new elemental system for a personal patch
Element Name (Flag in Patcher)

Fire (Fire) --> Wind (Thunder) --> Water (Ice) --> Fire (Fire)

Slashing (Holy) --> Bludgeoning (Dark) --> Piercing (Water) --> Slashing (Holy)

Heaven (Wind) <--> Earth (Earth)

All weapons deal damage of one of the three physical types (with the exception of books, which deal fire, water or thunder damage and use the magic gun formula)

Armor is divided into 3 categories; Plate (heavy armor, strong against piercing, weak against bludgeoning), Chain (medium armor, strong against slashing, weak against piercing), and Leather (light armor, strong against bludgeoning, weak against slashing). there are also "outfits" that act like accessories but are worn on the body slot (forfeiting hit points for stat boosts and status protection)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com