• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Remove Weapon Strike Fix and Reflexes doubles C-EV ASM hacks

Started by Rfh, January 06, 2012, 02:21:26 pm

Rfh

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

RavenOfRazgriz

You could just extract a Vanilla BATTLE.BIN, go to the offset the hack lists, highlight the original hex, copy it, and write it over each of the ASM hacks you applied.

Alternatively, you can just get a fresh BATTLE.BIN, insert it into your ISO, and then reapply your hacks via OrgASM, which should only take a couple minutes tops.

formerdeathcorps

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Rfh

I go to to the offset  0x000E92AC in my Battle Bin, and I see ''e7'' and in the vanilla Battle Bin I see ''00'' Now, What I have to do?

Rfh

Quote from: Rfh on January 07, 2012, 09:59:28 am
I go to to the offset  0x000E92AC in my Battle Bin, and I see ''e7'' and in the vanilla Battle Bin I see ''00'' Now, What I have to do?

(...) This is very rare, in my other ASM Hacks appears the correct Hex, maybe I've put on top another Asm.

formerdeathcorps

No, this is right.  The 0xE9000 section of BATTLE.BIN in vanilla is the space reserved for Kanji characters.  Since a US ROM doesn't need those characters, we overrode those with ASM hacks.  You don't even need to change the Kanji section back as long as you restore the code from the 0x110000-0x130000 section (which is the code for battle mechanics).

However, you still haven't said why you want to delete these hacks.  If something is bugged about them, I'd like to help out.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.