• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:22:33 am

Change the menu image

Started by Rfh, December 29, 2011, 06:13:38 pm

Rfh

In a lot of FFT mods the menu is different, for change SCEAP.DAT is easy, but... the image of menu, How I change it?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

3lric

Quote from: Rfh on December 29, 2011, 06:13:38 pm
In a lot of FFT mods the menu is different, for change SCEAP.DAT is easy, but... the image of menu, How I change it?

You mean the title menu??

Rfh

Wiz

In order to change the image, go download shishi v.478 and open it up. After doing so, click on the "Other Images" tab, look for SCEAP in that directory, then export it. After doing so, edit it as you see fit in a program like MS Paint, Adobe PS, GraphicsGale, etc...

The attachment's a test I did and it worked :P

And as a prerequisite, this'll only work on a PC. Mac Users, you're kinda out of luck, because the old method of converting a "DAT-to-PNG" and vice versa using Melonhead's tool has been squandered (I.E. "This Account was Suspended"). However, you could get Wine32 for a virtual PC to run PC apps of your Mac, or scour across the internet navigating through google typing int ".DAT to PNG/PNG to DAT" converter. Personally, I wouldn't recommend trying the latter.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

It is in Shishi under other images, but its called OPENBK1

Durbs

Hold on... the title menu? You mean what the cursor hovers over? e.g.:

New Game
Continue
Tutorial
Options

As far as I know, you can't change the text. You can change the background for the title screen and the SCEAP, but not that.

3lric

Quote from: Durbs on December 31, 2011, 05:03:22 pm
Hold on... the title menu? You mean what the cursor hovers over? e.g.:

New Game
Continue
Tutorial
Options

As far as I know, you can't change the text. You can change the background for the title screen and the SCEAP, but not that.

I believe he meant the title screen, but i could be wrong

Rfh

Thanks, it is easy, I have only import the image with shisi. Yes, I meant the title screen.