• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:16:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Quick Fix for the Balthier Softlock

Started by Nyzer, July 18, 2023, 04:20:01 pm

Nyzer

A while ago, I prepared a quick fix for anyone dealing with the Balthier softlock that comes from having 4 or fewer characters in Ramza's name, but I wasn't able to upload it here.

I don't have a save file that can test this myself, but it should work fine. But just to be safe, make sure to apply the patch to a different copy of your TLW/TLWotL ISO - the save file will still work with this other copy afterwards. Do not apply the patch to a vanilla ISO - it's just a quick fix patch, not a new version of TLW.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Nyzer on July 18, 2023, 04:20:01 pmA while ago, I prepared a quick fix for anyone dealing with the Balthier softlock that comes from having 4 or fewer characters in Ramza's name, but I wasn't able to upload it here.

I don't have a save file that can test this myself, but it should work fine. But just to be safe, make sure to apply the patch to a different copy of your TLW/TLWotL ISO - the save file will still work with this other copy afterwards. Do not apply the patch to a vanilla ISO - it's just a quick fix patch, not a new version of TLW.

Thank you
  • Modding version: PSX