• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:59:52 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Check Project Ideas

Started by Mando, January 25, 2011, 07:13:03 am

Mando

Wow, lots of notes, I have tried to fix thief's fort but for some reason it always goes over the sprite limit... I am tempted to make the enemies all thiefs - .-;

I'll fix the basic issues real fast, I'll post a note for the text issues, I am burned out at the moment. Patching is major work and changing text will require me to build a new file from scratch (apply text, replace the .bins, apply patch, apply asm, reconfigure sprites (this takes like 40min + alone because 457 shishi cannot make a shishi file for the entire thing :/)

I'll make the range of apply poison to be weapon range. Oh an about Coronach, the reason it isn't nama's arrow is because there isn't an animation that shoots a beam of holy light at an enemy. The animation used it like dark energy being fired so Coronach was more appropriate imo.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Scearcely

January 31, 2011, 06:36:37 pm #41 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:37:49 pm by Scearcely
I'm sorry, i meant fort zeakden(algus fight) I didn't have a save for before thieves fort so didn't replay it.  I really don't like chapter 1 but replayed it for testing purposes.

I'm actually playing through with notebook open, and just typing down things as I find them then do a major post so posts tend to be long

just some info, so you can get an idea what classes i'm running/planning on and can see where my impressions are coming from:

standard set-up is ramza(current ramza/knight, future mystic or blessed) male melee(current merc, future sam) male caster(current whm, will have everything but smn available, is also my chemist) female melee(current ranger, will have ninja and thief, mustaido might go here) female caster(current spritualist/redmage, not really sure for long term, agrias goes here once i train her)

hopefully dragon will hit up smn, drk, and illusionist, since while i will touch on them, unless they prove to be crazy powerful they aren't in my plans for this playthough.

initial notes on chapter 2(no battles fought) 1.20 version in case you chaged something for 1.21

gaf as a blm, twins have some skills learned and rad's a rdm... good choices all around

agrias' sprite is nice, that all grey look was a bit drab, she catches the eye now, will end up replacing my female mage slot so those whm levels will be great once i get her equip sword

won't use the twins(I'm not fond of female melees)  but having them actually have knight skills learned makes that decision a bit tougher than usual.

to work, next notes won't be til after queklain unless something is VERY broken

Mando

damn it was the zeadkan fight? I was afraid of this... I was looking at the fight counting different sprites and it lands at 10....

I could release the fix for that, if you guys want(but if you guys can bare with it for now that would be awesome and i can just wait til a bit more fixes pile up)

I think if you take a black mage male or knight male it won't go over the sprite limit though. (just a suggestion) I can fix later by making them all something like all mercenaries with different subskills.

Once again becareful of the falls and lionel castle gate!

Scearcely

QuoteI could release the fix for that, if you guys want(but if you guys can bare with it for now that would be awesome and i can just wait til a bit more fixes pile up)

just leave it til more come up, since i play with 5/6 different sprites on my team 90% of the time I'll catch any of the ones in chapter 2 so they'll be in my chapter review notes

Mando

January 31, 2011, 07:36:00 pm #44 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:01:13 pm by Mando
Awesome, thanks for being a great tester Scearcely.

Same goes for Lucifer and Dinosaur. You all are great testers. :)

Now if only I can find some great patch/text assistants lol!!!

(I already have Lijj who helps me when he can with sprite issues ^^)

RODS currently do not work correctly. Damage isn't reflecting MA *WP; testing out a fix on my own patch currently.

Either way I'll update this whenever i release another big update.

Lucifer_zero

February 01, 2011, 08:44:37 am #45 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:08:24 pm by Lucifer_zero
Yoh, i´ve started playing again a couple hours ago, and don´t know if is that what you mean with rods don´t working correctly, but if you target someone with normal attack the damage can be more or less that was showed, and more, if you target, cancel and target again, the damage show will be the one who was suposed to be done before... more simple to put on numbers:

Let´s say i hav my Black Wizard A target my enemy B for 30 damage, when damage is done it was 36 instead of 30... now on other turn i target with my char A the enemy B again, it still show 30... now i cancel and target again with normal attack... now it showing 36... now i cancel and target again, now it´s show 45... if i continue doing this, the damage would still go up...

Another thing that happens with me is still the Mustadio guest, don´t know if this is happening only with me, but he still cotinue with me after goug... now i have one Mustadio on team, and another one guest...

And soon i will be having some experience with the Blessed, Dark and Mystic Knight... let´s see how they are ^^

Edit. still having the problem with Gafgarion having Ramza portrait on scene before saving agrias... -_-

Edit 2. some points
1- Lionel... what a surprise... now some notes: ??? status = huge HP, that can make battle little harder and is there any other place to learn the last Dark Knight skill ??????

2- Queklain maybe need little less HP, i´ve need to exploit MA SAVE to make battle less boring, or at least remove poison immunity... okay, remove poison immunity is too much, what about slow or silence ?

3- Can´t use Blessed Knight, even if i have stasis sword and revive, game still say i don´t have any usable skills... about this class, loking at FFTPatcher i saw that this one have a MP multiplier of 12...

4- the bad side of innate reaction is that they overlap what you put on reaction...

5- sprite overload on the first battle with Zalmo at Lesalia...
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Mando

February 01, 2011, 02:44:46 pm #46 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:14:26 pm by Mando
No usable skills? wierd I don't think bard or dancer requires a generic fix.... let me check my patcher. I have yet to unlock blessed knight myself.

I still don't know what the gafgarion with ramza portrait comes from. There isn't anything in the patcher having to due with ramza in that scene. It is probably an event issue that i'll fix whenever I get to that.

I can make queklain a bit easier. by removing the slow immunity and silence.

I'll fix the sprite issue with zalmo. Thanks for that. I also noticed tonberries attacks look wierd. They dissapear for one of them. I'll go and edit it and see which animation will look ok with them, same goes for the lamia.

**Was your blessed knight female?** IF SO, it is because on the skillset I had it set the male's skillset (since they replace bard and dancer) meaning you couldn't
use the skills because they were considered a man's skill. I assume you used lavian or someone which would explain the issue. I fixed the mp multiplier. I will probably release a fix tonight. solving these issues (I am holding off on text fixes for now, I don't have the time to do full recompiles.)

I did a work around for mustadio. He won't join after the first time, (so you can't change gear of his) HOWEVER. I am making it so when you do get him as full time member he has some levels in his job.

Lucifer_zero

Quote from: Mando on February 01, 2011, 02:44:46 pm
I'll fix the sprite issue with zalmo. Thanks for that. I also noticed tonberries attacks look wierd. They dissapear for one of them. I'll go and edit it and see which animation will look ok with them, same goes for the lamia.

**Was your blessed knight female?** IF SO, it is because on the skillset I had it set the male's skillset (since they replace bard and dancer) meaning you couldn't use the skills because they were considered a man's skill. I assume you used lavian or someone which would explain the issue. I fixed the mp multiplier. I will probably release a fix tonight. solving these issues (I am holding off on text fixes for now, I don't have the time to do full recompiles.)

Yes, i had forgoten to tel about the Tonberry, but i liked they disapearing when using skill... Lamia looks weird on water...

and yes, Blessed was Lavian ^^ or alicia,don´t remeber rigth now... i "re-patched" my iso with FFT PATCHER making they MP multiplier 120 ( like i think it was mean to be ) and instead og giving sing, i gave Dance and putted the same skill on skillset, and that worked...

Queklain only using slow and demi don´t make him sooo hard, but more a boring battle, cuz him have much HP, and except for some great zodiac compatibily and guns, my damage was like... 50~60 at max... my chars were at level 8~10 by the way ( if was not for Mustadio guest maybe i could be at 7~9 ), i didn´t experimented actual mustadio or agrias, as i want to experience the new classes... but sonner or latter i will back to end of chapter 2 ( have one save state there, as i had forget to save -_- ) and play using they... but now mustadio seens more balanced

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Scearcely

dinosaur

February 01, 2011, 08:12:43 pm #49 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 08:23:43 pm by dinosaur
White Knight =/= Dark sword!

*DINO SMASH!*

So I read the White Knight description... I guess the dark sword now makes sense.

So are there any 'pure' knights out there?

Mando

February 01, 2011, 09:53:09 pm #50 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:53:44 pm by Mando
Ummm blessed knight lol? Beatrix and I think maybe....Delita. You will know why I mention delita later ^^

Once I finish my assignment tonight and run I'll post an update.

Scearcely

quick note if you're putting together an update

you forgot innate dual-wield on ninja

Mando

I didn't get them innate dual wield on purpose, do you guys feel it is needed? I don't want them to be too overpowered, but if you guys think its nice for them to have it I will give them innate dual wield :)

Scearcely

I'll need to play more with the abilities(only have doton atm), but after fighting 2 for the first time(gaud), and seeing how ninja swords were buffed... locking all those broken combos innate dual-wield allows might be the path of balance.... I'll comment later as my ninja grows.

was gonna save this for chapter notes, but that won't happen til tomorrow evening at best:

illusionists need a nerf, unless chocobos are weak to wind and I didn't know it.
their persistant attacks come out too frequently for the damage they do(about a t2 nuke, on every enemy, 2-3 times a round)  either needs to be slowed down or toned down, but not both.

barius hill random vs 6ish chocos, 3 yellow 3 black lvl 17-19:

illusionist gets a turn, teleports to the other side of the hill where she can't be reached quickly and casts the wind illusion
illusionist has 77 mp and 11 magic attack
by her next turn, has triggered the illusion 3 times spending 99% of her mp(75 of 77)
EVERY enemy on the map is critical or dead excluding 1 yellow chocobo who got a choco cure off

that's approaching calculator levels of mass slaughter.

ideally you could slow it down so it fires 1 to 2 times a round and leave its power alone.

Lucifer_zero

February 02, 2011, 07:52:45 am #54 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:02:18 am by Lucifer_zero
Wow... i was replaying, now that mustadio don´t join as guest... when i enter Barius Hill, i got some buggy char instead of Mustadio !!!! (00 brave, 00 faith and agrias sprite ) after battle i was warned that one of my char left, Reis.... after i saw formation screen... RAMZA WAS GONE !!!!  You forgoten to uncheck the "load/save formation" on battles after Mustadio joins as guest

Edit. you fogot to change the dance skillset to be equal as sing.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Mando

February 02, 2011, 02:03:19 pm #55 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:09:54 pm by Mando
dang it, i thought i fixed this :/ Hmmm I'll just make him stay i suppose. I could swore i made sing and dance = to each other... bleh sorry I was tired when I released update. I am sorry I keep messing up :/

So for now I would avoid playing this most recent patch as a female blessed knight and i'd wait until later today.

I am going to attempt the hex edit on the weapon battle sprites and see if I can get them matching the one from the item screen menu if it works, then awesome :D

dinosaur

Does anyone else thinks many of the skills are too high JP in multiple jobs?

Scearcely

Quote from: dinosaur on February 02, 2011, 02:55:00 pm
Does anyone else thinks many of the skills are too high JP in multiple jobs?

considering their power, no.

gonna have to ask for specifics since I don't have everything unlocked yet, but from what I do have, only 1 or 2 jobs could make any argument for a reduction.

actually It seems that unless he changed/replaced the skill the JP cost didn't chage.  thief as an example, all the steals are at vanilla levels, but since our foes are carrying better items, that makes sense.

white mage could use a nearly across the board drop, and spiritualist could see everything except silence/blind(right score) and paralyze(should be higher) get a decrease

do not have mystic or blessed yet, so no comment there.  mustaido/ramza/agrias specific are at good costs.

Lucifer_zero

February 02, 2011, 04:08:55 pm #58 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:48:11 pm by Lucifer_zero
Some problems with iten descriptions

1- Kain Lance, don shows up and make menu go buggy

2- Ridil, not only it is listed with items instead of weapon, the description don´t shows up and make menus go buggy

3- Devout Kilij, only buggy description.

Edit. Sprite overload at gates of riovanes, Babus and Rafa sprite are changed...

almost finishing chapter 3...

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

dinosaur

Item color pallet fail? (shield and staff)

Also, the wizard hat does NOT give the user +1 MA