• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

First sprite in 14 months

Started by SentinalBlade, November 04, 2010, 07:39:13 pm

SentinalBlade

So ive only done one frame of it...and that took me 4 hours.
What do you guys think? I havent touched Spriting since my mist mage, over a year ago. Suggestions? Im going for an exotic spell-y type. i think. The cloth on her midrif will wrap around to her back (its not just a strap)
Im very open to criticism, just keep in mind its been over a year for me, and its only my second original sprite ever(...kinda :) )
Old:

Update:

Archael

Quote from: "SentinalBlade"Suggestions?

finish the things you start

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Voldemort"
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"Suggestions?

finish the things you start
QFE on this
Also what you got looks really good so far! Interested to see more.

Cheetah

I'm liking it. Though for starting a concept it is usually best to start with the front angle view. I'm worried the dress might be too detailed. Overall this is a good design though and I like it. Much improved upon the mist mage.
Current Projects:

SentinalBlade

Quick Update on main page. added 3 poses...

I never thought id say this... but boobs make me angry....

Kagebunji

Few things, first is those boobs you talked about, heh. They surely look weird, try using Beatrix's/Melodia's breasts, or my Garnet's breasts, you can get those sprites from main. Another thing is that shoes are VERY big, I think you got that from that sprite Zozma did once, try to make them smaller, look at Ninja Female for reference, or just c/p them. Overall nice concept, who is she?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SentinalBlade

Im having a hard time with the boobs. The idea was to make like kind of a sash-wrap. Some kinda cloth that fully covers one boob, but begins to slope off  on the other one. its hard to make them look normal with one having more coverage thatn the other, and me having limited room for pixel shading(especially if i want skin showing on her stomach)

I stole and modified most of the misty sprite's bottom(thanks Zozma!!!!! :D)..which i shouldve have just made it from scratch. I had to add in alot of extra pixels because of places where her arms hang past her mid section, but my sprites arms arent that long, so i would have a giant gap that needed fixing

GeneralStrife

I see nothing wrong...looks just fine...the pic looks blurry though i think its just the pic you posted.

Kagebunji

I know what you mean about the sash, and don't overdo it, too many details = fail. Remember, you HAVE TO make those boots smaller, they are half as big as leg(especially forward side-view). For shoes ref use Fem Ninja like I said earlier, and if you want another nice example on stomach etc. look at Smash's version of Dancer(this should get submitted btw), it is somewhere in his topic, page from 10-15 IIRC.

Zozma

the shoes are very big because it came from the misty sprite, which actually used the female thief as the base lol
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Fe, thief's legs aren't good to begin with. Only once I tried using them, and I will never do this again. It doesn't change the fact that they ARE too big.

Zozma

yeah, i always meant to go back and work on that, but so many other things come up
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

mav

Try taking the dancer's feet and see how that goes. Good job so far. Of all the advice offered here, make sure to take Voldemort's.

SentinalBlade

Im having a hard time with the feet. Female Ninja's are not any better than theifs. they are just as big, and actually bulkier, due to the lip on the boots that jut out. Dancer may work, but only after some editing.. i may just come up with a custom shoe, but that will be a pain in the ass to do for every sprite :( I actually didnt think her feet looked that bad though. Compared to generic sprites, the feet only stand out in color.

GeneralStrife

Hey hey hey...big feet are not always bad y'know....wink wink

Kagebunji

Post a BMP or PNG preview, I will try the feets myself. Because F Ninja feets are really small, and there is no chance in hell it can look big, only weird.

VampragonLord

im really liking this sprite so far, is it purely OC, or are you basing it off of something else for reference (like a character from another game/book/etc)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Atma

VERY COOL!
it actually made me think of Ayla from Chrono Trigger ^.^
[attachment=0:22yxorr2]ct-ayla2.jpg[/attachment:22yxorr2][attachment=1:22yxorr2]chrono-trigger-ayla-anime-cutscene.png[/attachment:22yxorr2]
of course, urs looks a lot less like a primitive cave woman :P
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

SentinalBlade

Trying out different boobs. Opinions?

I got hit in the face with a basketball "trying" to play, and broke my glasses, so i have been blind the past few weeks.

@VampragonLord: Its entirely OC. Had a weird dream with a female ronin that wore the top cloth, and a bulkier skirt. I tried drawing it, and failed, and came up with something like what im spriting.

@Kagebunji: Female ninja boots look weird, because of the way the skirt lays. I am aware the feet look odd. I'll be changing them eventually, when i figure out how i want to handle them.

@atma: Now that you posted that, i can kinda see the resemblence

SentinalBlade

Here is what i have so far. Keep in mind, i have multiples of the front side view, until i can get some opinions on the boobs.