• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:51:17 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS - SPECIAL POWER RANGERS EDITION.

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, February 11, 2011, 01:50:15 am

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 24, 2011, 02:57:10 pm
I am sure Raven has the story well thought of. There is no White Ranger sprite anyway.

I do.  I just need to get in my Event Editing groove.

I actually have it planned out rather meticulously with a few open slots for if I have more than just the 6 Power Rangers to work with.  I just need to get my mod-work schedule going again, which is why I've been slowly trying to get into the groove by updating Redesign to get me back on track.

The Damned

(Yeah. Besides, Tommy was already Jesus before his White Ranger change anyway.)

My screwing up Rita's quote a couple of days ago makes me wonder how difficult it would be to make a sprite of her and that trippy headdress. I have to wonder if she or Goldar would be more difficult to sprite. Hmmm....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lijj

sample video with all 6 Rangers

edit
[See later post]
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

RavenOfRazgriz

May 29, 2011, 09:55:18 am #84 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:55:39 am by RavenOfRazgriz
Holy shit.  That video's only missing the musical overlay, but I'm pretty sure you can fix that.  (Gotta love how the length is exactly the same!)

It's amazing to see them all together like that beating down some Goblins.  Feels almost like a D&D campaign gone horribly, horribly wrong, in all the best ways.  I love it.

MagiusRerecros

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 29, 2011, 09:55:18 amIt's amazing to see them all together like that beating down some Goblins.  Feels almost like a D&D campaign gone horribly, horribly wrong, in all the best ways.  I love it.

It's true... Also, this is quite possibly the most epic thing I've ever seen. The only thing to complain about is...
Quote from: Lijj on May 29, 2011, 09:37:59 amdamn cursor!
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Lijj

hmm her portrait is looking weird like it's missing a shade of grey maybe.. I'll figure it out..
I'll make another with sound soon

Wolfran

Great work, Lijj.The only thing that miss is the megazord :(
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Blue Ranger is definitly my favorite. Really good job with these, Lijj.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

I'm curious how their skillsets are going to be worked out.  I only saw the first season, but every episode's battle would be a three part sequence.
part1- melee -easy to do
part2- super weapons - maybe swordskill like attacks
-Bad guy become a giant
Part3- Megazord battle! (the best part!) ....???.... You could have custom summons representing their "Zords"

Wolfran

A better idea for megazord is using Alma's template, Just a few attack frames and the special attack and it's enough for me.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Lijj

Both of these are good ideas.. I may have to make a couple summons and if I do a Megazord it would be limited like what Wolfran suggests. I may try to recruit some help from some pixel artists at Pixel Joint's forum to see if anyone's interested in making any monsters or other characters.
I took the video down for now because a new one's processing  I'll be back to upload the new vid in about an hour when Youtube's done processing

Lijj

Best viewed in HD on Youtube

MagiusRerecros

May 31, 2011, 12:53:21 pm #94 Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:54:21 pm by MagiusRerecros
The only thing left that kinda bugs me is that it seems like everyone has some kind of light-reflection in their visors... Except for Pink. Is there a specific reason for this (based on the show, which I don't really remember at all having not seen an episode in over a decade), or was it just an oversight, or not enough colors, or what?

EDIT: I am, of course, referring specifically to the portraits.

Lijj

Fair enough I have two more unused color slots on that portrait actually so I can add that.. I just didn't like the way it looked on her but I'll try again.
Thanks for all the feedback too MagiusRerecros!

MagiusRerecros

charles099

Go go power rangers you mighty morphin' power rangers
I am without a shadow of a doubt the most electrifying final fantasy tactics player in the world today if ya smmmelllllll what the chuck is cookin' (does peoples eyebrow)

DarkShade

Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

RavenOfRazgriz

It's fine, this project isn't dead.  It's on-hold until I've perfected EasyVent Editor Super Perfect and have helped Elric get Journey of the Five to a stable Chapter 1 release.  This is the next patch on my list to work on once Chapter 1 is out and my involvement in Journey of the Five can be relegated to mostly an advisory role.