• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:14:51 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Recording WOTL using FRAPS/Remotejoy = LAG?

Started by El3ment, July 31, 2010, 04:30:35 pm

El3ment

hi everyone,  i want to document my gameplays of war of the lions and upload video to youtube.  I have CFW , but when i record using fraps i get a very big file like 30mins of gameplay  will = 3gb file.  also when i use remotejoylite it gets very laggy.  i really want to show ppl my gameplays but i won't upload unless i can get rid of the lag.

Thank You.

PS sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, i don't know where this topic belongs.

Dominic NY18

Don't worry, you're in the right section for this.

The file size sounds normal since it's a raw video file: Battle Logs

Just follow step 3 onward and the resulting file should have a more reasonable size. As for the lag, is the gameplay on the PSP itself lagging or is what being shown on your computer's display lagging?

El3ment

well when i connect the usb, both the psp and the video act slow only when i use remotejoy....but im thinking its my laptop becuase it only has 1gb or ram.    do i need more ram?

ffta707

1 gb should be fine. Depends on how much you already have allocated to other things really. Your CPU is what would really effect recording speeds. If you have a good hard drive, you could try paging files with windows. Go to control panel - System - Advanced system settings - Go to the advance tab - Hit settings under performance - go to advanced - Hit change under virtual memory - and hit custom size. Look up some tutorials on you tube specific for your operating system. Once you upload the big file to youtube, delete it to save space - you can download the MP4 back from youtube. Depending on if you have a desktop and a CPU with a good cooler you could try overclocking, but there is some risks with that. That is really all you can do to speed up recording. Hypercam works well sometimes. Hope I helped.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that you had a laptop - so no overclocking. But you can still try allocating virtual memory for ram, that is a quick solution to make a faster computer. My pc has 8 gb of virtual memory, plus the 3 gbs or ram.

Dominic NY18

To add on to the above, try opening Task Manager while you have everything up and running and check out your CPU and RAM usage. I'm thinking your CPU is probably the bottleneck here though. You can open it by right-clicking an empty area on the taskbar and selecting it from the context menu. You can also open it by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then selecting it from the list of options that comes up, by going to Start > Run and typing in "taskmgr". The info is at the bottom of the window that comes up.

ffta707

Yeah, no doubt it is. Recording programs run on cpu, ram shouldn't matter. If you are worried about ram, you could also download game booster. It would certainly be better to have a six core amd phenom. Are you running on pentium 4 or a duo?

El3ment

its probaly, and most likely my cpu...its an old dell laptop i have,  latitude d610 i think it an intel mobility chip so ....yeah ..im fixing on getting a new pc or mac soon.

Dominic NY18

Yeah, that explains it. According to Dell's website, the Latitude D610 uses Pentium M CPUs, which are pretty ancient by this point. That's the likely cause of the lagging.

ffta707

Yeah, thats it. Pentium's are crap. Unless you want to make a cooler with dry ice, and over-clock it to 12 ghz. Go ahead and get a new pc, and you'll be good.