• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:33:31 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

So this is coming to the iPhone later this year

Started by Dominic NY18, June 16, 2010, 03:43:36 pm

Dominic NY18

I'm interested in seeing [s:2n88jutf]whether or not they'll fix the damn slowdown[/s:2n88jutf] how will they adapt FFT's menu-based UI to a touchscreen. It looks like they did a good job with the FF I & II ports' UIs, but I haven't tried them on the iPhone/iPod Touch, so I can't say for sure how well it works for those games. Either way, I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

Argy

Hi All,
Is it true that WoTL is coming out on the iPhone? Does anybody know if it will be a direct port or will more content be added?
If they had some sense, they would use 1.3 and 1.3easytype! Though you could never see that happen!

Cheers Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Dominic NY18

*Just as a heads up, I merged your topic with mine.

I don't know if they'll be additional content, but I doubt it. It'll likely be a port of the PSP version with some UI changes. As for making changes similar to 1.3/Easytype, I don't think it would be a good idea to make it that difficult (though more difficulty would be nice).

Argy

Nick,
Not a problem merging topics, i now remember reading yours, so i apologise. As to additional content, i think you a right. Why spend more money in developing a game that already been developed, but could easily be developed further!
In regards to increasing the difficulty, i think keeping it its current level 'appeals to the masses!' so they wont mess with that formula, a shame really. It would be nice if there where difficulty levels set within the game!
Cheers Argy
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Dominic NY18

I wonder if there will be any changes to the multiplayer as well. An infrastructure mode that allows you to play with other players without having to resort to Xlink Kai-style trickery or Ad-Hoc Party (which requires a PS3 hooked up to the Internet via an Ethernet cable) would be nice.

Selectable difficulty would be nice. Two or three varying levels of difficulty would be good enough for newbies and hardcore players. The difficulty could also be improved by simply making it scale better.

thisisstupid999

I have an iTouch as well as a PSP, and I think that it won't really be worth it. I'm in to hacking the game a lot to make things better, seeing as there are many flaws with FFTWotL. I bought Final Fantasy I (great game) for the iTouch, and it was actually worse than the GBA version. I was a little dissapointed. Plus when you play on a PSP you don't have to worry about game crashes (unless you hacked the ISO too much). This is just my opinion, but I think it would be a bad idea to buy it.

Dominic NY18

How was the iOS version of Final Fantasy worse?  Aside from the touch screen controls and interface, the iOS version is a port of the PSP version. I just started playing the PSP version of Final Fantasy but I've never played the Dawn of Souls version on the GBA.

Anyway, I'd like to see what's changed before passing judgement. If they get rid of the slowdown and make a good touch-based UI, it'll definitely be better than the PSP version.

Dominic NY18

The September 15th release date was apparently completely wrong. SE claims the wrong info was spread somehow, but that release date has been circulating since June and IIRC they put it out there themselves. I think they just didn't have the game ready in time.

War of the Lions iPhone Sept. 15th Release Date "Completely Wrong"

And here's an in-development screen shot of the game:

Too bad it's not coming any time soon because it was one of my possible reasons for finally getting an iPhone.

Cheetah

This screen shot doesn't even make sense. They aren't even selecting the palettes correctly. Plus why are their monsters on this map? I'm frightened.
Current Projects:

Argy

That screenshot is weird! Shouldnt Agrias et al be there? Unless someone is having a joke! On the plus side, who knows what it could mean? Building the anticipation, i like it! Hopefully, it will be easy to hack as well, so we can apply our own patches to it!!
One can always dream!!

It would also mean, i would be spending a silly amount of time on my iphone!!!!!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

thisisstupid999

Quote from: "Dominic NY18"How was the iOS version of Final Fantasy worse?  Aside from the touch screen controls and interface, the iOS version is a port of the PSP version. I just started playing the PSP version of Final Fantasy but I've never played the Dawn of Souls version on the GBA.

The iTouch version crashes all the time and they barely ever update it. Plus the 4-way movemant pad sucks. It's incredibly annoying. All in all I just the think the GBA version was better.

thisisstupid999

That screen shot makes me wonder if they're going to change the story...if they do I will be so angry. Or maybe they made Orbonne a wild terrain so that you can battle at anytime there? That wouldn't be so bad.